Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 03:58 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini1959 View Post
[I can hardly believe it. I saw an episode last night where the husband actually had a little lick of common sense. He had thought he wanted cathedral ceilings until he rented a house where there were those ceilings and his utility bill was running $500 a month. Now he wanted normal ceilings. If he had lived there long enough to have had to wash the windows WAAAAYYYYYY UP THERE he would refused to have even looked at a house with cathedral ceilings.]

Was this the same one where the wife did NOT (!!!) want granite counter tops? If not the same episode, it was very recent.

That's it. The Poles have shifted and life as we know it is over.
Yes it was the same one. I predict that by this time next year people will walk into a kitchen where there are stainless steel appliance and say; "Well, those will have to go. I'm not spending all my time polishing the prints off of those things."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM

356 posts, read 281,332 times
I work for a mortgage company and I look at almost 100 appraisals per month. I know for a fact that people buy houses with white appliances, ugly paint, closed floorplans, laminate counters and . . . carpet!!

Old 10-04-2014, 02:08 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yes it was the same one. I predict that by this time next year people will walk into a kitchen where there are stainless steel appliance and say; "Well, those will have to go. I'm not spending all my time polishing the prints off of those things."
Yeppers, whatever is supposedly the latest fad in homes will be on some buyer's wish list.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
I work for a mortgage company and I look at almost 100 appraisals per month. I know for a fact that people buy houses with white appliances, ugly paint, closed floorplans, laminate counters and . . . carpet!!

I believe you.

My neighbor across the street died over the winter. Old house in Brookyln NY, probably hasn't been updated since the 70's. The house sold for 1.3, in 2 weeks..

I guess the new buyers didn't watch House Hunters to often...

Old 12-29-2014, 12:55 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
Tonight they should 2 of the most picky people they have showed

Young couple looking to buy a House Manhattan Beach this girl only wanted like 850sqft dump for $950k that was a few blocks from the beach. You could tell this girl only wanted the dump close to the beach everything else was just for the show she would have take a 500swft total remodel for $950k it were a few blocks from the beach.

2 older ladies looking to live out the us lived in Asain for 6 month did not it like then decided to live in Costa Rica never been there did not know much about it. One of the ladies was really picky wanted a place with a view and right on the beach and a big balcony. First place they looked at no views not close to the beach way under budget this lady saw one thing she does not like about the kitchen and she wants to leave she did not care for the place. The other lady was not picky at all any place under budget and in decent condition she would be ok. The one lady in this ep is obsessive compulsive

Old 12-29-2014, 06:43 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Tonight they should 2 of the most picky people they have showed

Young couple looking to buy a House Manhattan Beach this girl only wanted like 850sqft dump for $950k that was a few blocks from the beach. You could tell this girl only wanted the dump close to the beach everything else was just for the show she would have take a 500swft total remodel for $950k it were a few blocks from the beach.

2 older ladies looking to live out the us lived in Asain for 6 month did not it like then decided to live in Costa Rica never been there did not know much about it. One of the ladies was really picky wanted a place with a view and right on the beach and a big balcony. First place they looked at no views not close to the beach way under budget this lady saw one thing she does not like about the kitchen and she wants to leave she did not care for the place. The other lady was not picky at all any place under budget and in decent condition she would be ok. The one lady in this ep is obsessive compulsive

yes yes yes, I saw this episode, I had to turn it off because I couldn't stand her.
I want to know what do these 2 people do for a living at that young age to have a budget of a million dollars for a house? seriously, what do they do for a living????

She was annoying and I hated her. But I know that real people looking for homes are not like this, it all has to be staged.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:54 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
I would also like to know how 24 to 27 yr olds can afford a 1mill dollar home

Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I would also like to know how 24 to 27 yr olds can afford a 1mill dollar home
Chances are, they can't.....but mommy and daddy can.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
speaking of HH--lately they have been showing renovations of past HH couples. Problem is I have only ever seen 2 of these couples out of the 20+ episodes they have shown. I suspect most of them were never on House Hunters because I have been watching the show since way back when Suzanne Whang hosted the show and while I may not recall every person who appeared, I surely know I don't recall ever seeing some of these people they are trying to persuade viewers into believing were former buyers,

Old 12-30-2014, 05:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
I'm really enjoying the Tiny house movement that House Hunters and some other shows have been picking up on (Tiny House Nation and Tiny House Hunting). While I'd never want to live in a tiny house, I find their construction amazing and the innovation that goes into building the interior storage is quite astounding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV