Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
This evening is Nick, aged 20 - whose parents are helping him buy a 3000+sq ft home for a family worthy of the Gosselins. LOL! What a joke. His decorating of the new house was horrendous and the state of the market in Round Rock evidenced by the fact that 2 of the 3 homes were across the street from each other and nothing over 200K. What single, unattached 20 year old really looks at a 6 bedroom home? I really need to stop putting my television on this show to take up dead air. It drives me NUTS!
I think remember watching this episode when it first aired a while ago...it isn't current. Wasn't he the one worked in the family business and drove a Hummer? Tough life isn't it when you decide to buy a huge house that you don't need with Mommy and Daddy's money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
yeah, i remember that one too. pretty gross.

there does seem to be a pretty insane idea of how much space people need. i mean, my husband and i live in a 2400 square foot, 5 bedroom house and we have a whole floor that we basically don't use, with what could be 3 bedrooms (currently a spare bedroom, music room/more sleeping space for guests, and storage). and we have giant book and record collections (with dedicated rooms to each), which is not something the average family needs to store.

yet i see couples on house hunters saying that they're having a baby so their 2400 square foot house isn't big enough. whaaa? what are people using all this space for?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,464,599 times
One of the most memorable episodes of HH was aired a few years ago (not sure exactly how many). This couple had a small child, maybe only a few months to a year old, and the Realtor was showing them different types of housing (condo, s-f home, townhouse). One of the homes she showed them (I think it was the townhouse, but could have been the s-f home) had stairs in it, and this man actually said, "I wonder what the baby is going to do with the stairs". I could have smacked him! All I could think is here is a man who either 1. hasn't heard of baby gates, or 2. doesn't realize his baby will grow up to be able to walk up and down the stairs like everyone else. It was sad, really sad. I can't even remember anything else about the show, just him saying that. I think people need to think about the kids becoming teens when they buy a house with an infant. Sure, I wanted all my bedrooms on the same level when my daughter was younger, but now that she's a teen, I see that it's better I have a 1st floor master! This way no one gets hurt when she's listening to her music (too loud), or has giggly friends over. My nerves can only take so much loudness before I have to retreat into my sanctuary for some peace and quiet (her room isn't over mine, so I don't have to hear most of the noise she makes - did I mention she's a loud walker?).

Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Talking about babies.
I always wonder if people planning to have a family (or with the woman already pregnant) think ahead. They'll visit a 2 bedroom house or appartment, the second bedroom being a very teeny tiny room and say it would really be the perfect nursery, but hello! the kid's gonna grow and might need a bit more space, or you may want to have another kid soon afterwards, or even will have twins, so at least a bigger bedroom or an extra bedroom would be better, whatever the case. Especially when such bigger places are available in their price range and they end up choosing the smallish one because it has a better kitchen or curb appeal!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Talking about babies.
I always wonder if people planning to have a family (or with the woman already pregnant) think ahead. They'll visit a 2 bedroom house or appartment, the second bedroom being a very teeny tiny room and say it would really be the perfect nursery, but hello! the kid's gonna grow and might need a bit more space, or you may want to have another kid soon afterwards, or even will have twins, so at least a bigger bedroom or an extra bedroom would be better, whatever the case. Especially when such bigger places are available in their price range and they end up choosing the smallish one because it has a better kitchen or curb appeal!
I've often looked at some of the idiots and wondered that as well. Or the ones who don't even consider they will ever have one...............then they show them having moved in a few months later and the lady is already pregnant...........as if--ooooooooooops.

Gotta love the ones who buy a house specifically to meet their dog's needs
I watch because I love looking at houses...........the people annoy me to no end.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Talking about babies.
I've noticed the same thing. They will pick the one that had NOTHING to do w/ their "wish list" at all. They want 3 bedrooms so they can have an office as one works from home and they have family that comes to visit. Then they pick the house w/ 2 bedrooms w/ the 2nd one barely qualifying as a "bedroom" and 1 DINKY bathroom. Yep, then when they show them moved in, "and soon after moving in we found out we were expecting".

Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
There was a new one on last night. The couple were VERY tall. I mean VERY TALL!!!! Their heads were literally over the top of the shower glass walls. They showed their current condo kitchen and they went on and on about how they needed a LOT more space. Their kitchen was HUGE compared to the other rooms in their condo but not SF home standards. The first house they saw had a MASSIVE kitchen but horrible paint colors. The other two had a kitchen with LESS counter space than their current one and DINKY bedrooms. Well 2400 sq ft with 5 bedrooms and 2 living areas, ain't gonna be good sized rooms . They raved and RAVED and RAVED about the last 2 houses and I just knew they were going to pick one of them even though the kitchen was smaller than what they had. Thank goodness they didn't though and they did go w/ the one w/ the much larger kitchen. PAINT IS CHEAP!

Of course she was pregnant when they showed them "4 months later". Funny, in one of the clips of House #3 I thought she looked pregnant. She had the same size "baby bump" when they saw House #3 that she had 4 months after moving into House #1. LOL!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I watched it momof2dfw. You have a good eye....I didn't even pay attention to the belly bump.

They were such an attractive couple though and didn't have that bitchy quality that so many of the others on there do.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:12 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Of course she was pregnant when they showed them "4 months later". Funny, in one of the clips of House #3 I thought she looked pregnant. She had the same size "baby bump" when they saw House #3 that she had 4 months after moving into House #1. LOL!!!
Yeah, I noticed that too! I thought "dear, why don't they say anything about their baby in their wish list?"

Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I've often looked at some of the idiots and wondered that as well. Or the ones who don't even consider they will ever have one...............then they show them having moved in a few months later and the lady is already pregnant...........as if--ooooooooooops.

Gotta love the ones who buy a house specifically to meet their dog's needs
I watch because I love looking at houses...........the people annoy me to no end.
As I've said in a previous post, the majority of what goes on in a "reality" show is staged.

However, your remark that "the people annoy me to no end" is somewhat funny to me because THIS IS MY LIFE!!!

There is A LOT of reality to this show in terms of people ask for something but end up with something else, buyers sometimes don't understand how easy it is to re paint AND they sometimes say the craziest things!!! THAT is the reality part!

However, I very seldom get annoyed with my clients. After all, it is THEIR MONEY and they should get what they want. If their wants are unreasonable, they'll realize that soon enough.

People are FUN and that is what makes my job NEVER BORING!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV