Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

Really enjoyed your post beachmouse!

I think I've seen all those....other than the first one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Mickey Mouse Law School Lady is a regular one in reruns. I really have no words for how much Mickey Mouse decor she managed to cram into the townhouse, complete with Mickey-shaped topiary for the back patio.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Another was an airhead gal that had all these weird jobs like being a model/waitress/magazine writer/etc. that needed a vacation home away in Belize and had a budget of $500k.
I think that's secret code for "hooker".

Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Mickey Mouse Law School Lady is a regular one in reruns. I really have no words for how much Mickey Mouse decor she managed to cram into the townhouse, complete with Mickey-shaped topiary for the back patio.
OMG!

How did I miss that one?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM

513 posts, read 541,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Oh yeah, totally agree.

Last night the YOUNG couple wanted 4 bedrooms 3 full bathrooms. The chick was pissed that when she looked out her windows she could see the neighbors houses, and stated to DH, thats an issue for me..........

You don't want to see neighbors houses, then you do not move to a development, and it makes me laugh because when they get out of the car, you would think she would already know that other homes would be in view.

.....and please, kill me when the chick sees the walk in closet that is bigger than my foyer and looks to the husband and says, where will your clothes go???

I think the lines are rehearsed because the DH says, I like the way the hardwood flows, key word, flows all through the house.....

oh, and they did pick that house too, i guess she will be bricking up here windows so she can't see the neighbors houses.
I felt like smacking her.

You had to see the dump they were living in and she was complaining??????

but the appliances are old, Correct me if I am wrong but if a home is 4 years old, how the appliance be old.......

I have to say, though some of the comments are getting pretty repetative.....

of course there is a lot of natural light, I don't know how many types of light the sun gives off......
Good list - and if I hear another 20-something say "that's dated" to every fixture of the house (even though it's relatively new house), I'm gonna throw hard candy at them!

Old 05-20-2010, 12:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
The International ones make me LOL when Americans ask questions and the European realtors reply in such a way as to imply "stupid!"

Example: American family moving to France and complained about every little thing that was un-American. At one point the lady looked at an upstairs bedroom for the children. There was no screen on the window() and as if she thought the screen itself would prevent a fall; she says" there are no screens on the windows. That's a problem for me. What could we do to prevent the children from dropping to their deaths?"
The realtor did not blink and says,"teach your child to not climb upon open windows"

Then there was the one in Europe on which the American buyer looked out the master bedroom window and saw the neighbor's not so neat yard.
Buyer-"eww.....that looks nasty. Is there anything I can about that view?"
Realtor: "hm.yes,appears to be a chicken run. Yes-indeed you can pull down the shade"

LOL!!!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 12:39 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
Good list - and if I hear another 20-something say "that's dated" to every fixture of the house (even though it's relatively new house), I'm gonna throw hard candy at them!

LOL, Thank you...

But one thing really amazes me, didn't any of these young buyers ever pay attention to anything in THIER parents home while growing up???, like maybe a neighbor 30 feet away, light fixtures, appliances, carpeting and other stuff that if not just bought within 10 minutes of the showing, then it is dated?????????

they make them sound like the are comming from Perfect Planet.......

Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
The International ones make me LOL when Americans ask questions and the European realtors reply in such a way as to imply "stupid!"

Example: American family moving to France and complained about every little thing that was un-American. At one point the lady looked at an upstairs bedroom for the children. There was no screen on the window() and as if she thought the screen itself would prevent a fall; she says" there are no screens on the windows. That's a problem for me. What could we do to prevent the children from dropping to their deaths?"
The realtor did not blink and says,"teach your child to not climb upon open windows"

Then there was the one in Europe on which the American buyer looked out the master bedroom window and saw the neighbor's not so neat yard.
Buyer-"eww.....that looks nasty. Is there anything I can about that view?"
Realtor: "hm.yes,appears to be a chicken run. Yes-indeed you can pull down the shade"

LOL!!!!!
aw i wish i would have seen that one lol. the realtor has it right though. what was the reaction to the parent who mentioned the unscreened window?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
aw i wish i would have seen that one lol. the realtor has it right though. what was the reaction to the parent who mentioned the unscreened window?
she just looked at him and moved on. Point well taken though.
They didn't buy a house the children could fall out of windows.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she just looked at him and moved on. Point well taken though.
They didn't buy a house the children could fall out of windows.

I wish I would have seen that one. Here in Brooklyn, we have child guards, which are bars on the lower 18 inches of the windows. mandatory for apartment dwellers with childrem 10 years and younger.

I am curious though why doesn't any of the houses in Europe have screens in the windows, they do have bugs, don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV