Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 04:03 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,065,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
its just a joke, but the fact that it has been pounded into the concrete is whats so annoying about it; its not funny anymore.
Speaking of concrete...I for one LOVE those concrete countertops that only seem to show up in the ultra-modern loft type places. Very cool. And I like black appliances personally.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 09:59 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,072,561 times
I have liked stainless steel appliances since I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. Now it's 'trendy.' I think people should decorate their houses and kitchens the way they like; not fall slave to some stupid fashion trend. Although when it comes time to selling, it may make it harder...but in the meantime, you do have to live there and make yourself happy!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,686,506 times
I would love to have stainless steel counter tops like Ree (the Pioneer Woman) does in her kitchen.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM

233 posts, read 683,195 times
House Hunters? Is that the show where there's almost always an annoying newlywed couple with the husband looking for a Man Cave and the wife wetting herself over a walk-in closet?

And yeah, SS and granite is too run-of-the-mill now. It's not so awesome once everyone has it. Nobody ever asks about quartz or caesarstone, which are just as durable as granite, if not stronger.

If someone already shared my sentiments, I apologize; didn't feel like reading almost 70 pages to find out...

Old 07-04-2010, 07:08 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,892,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aorre View Post
House Hunters? Is that the show where there's almost always an annoying newlywed couple with the husband looking for a Man Cave and the wife wetting herself over a walk-in closet?

And yeah, SS and granite is too run-of-the-mill now. It's not so awesome once everyone has it. Nobody ever asks about quartz or caesarstone, which are just as durable as granite, if not stronger.

If someone already shared my sentiments, I apologize; didn't feel like reading almost 70 pages to find out...
Yep.....we all feel the same way!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:45 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,216,982 times
Just wondering....if we sat thru an HGTV marathon oneday, just how many times we would hear the words "WOW!" , "OPEN AREA", "NICE SPACE", "WOW", "DATED APPLIANCES", "A LITTLE TIGHT", "WOW!" , "I CAN SEE US ENTERTAINING HERE" , "NOT A FAN OF", and, of course, "WOW" AND "WOW".......

Hmmm....maybe I've been watching too much TV...."WOW!"

Old 07-07-2010, 05:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,604,446 times
^^^LOL!!! so true.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,011,493 times
Don't forget "AMAZING"

Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,537,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
Just wondering....if we sat thru an HGTV marathon oneday, just how many times we would hear the words "WOW!" , "OPEN AREA", "NICE SPACE", "WOW", "DATED APPLIANCES", "A LITTLE TIGHT", "WOW!" , "I CAN SEE US ENTERTAINING HERE" , "NOT A FAN OF", and, of course, "WOW" AND "WOW".......

I love watching House Hunters and my boyfriend thinks it's pretty irritating. He was in the kitchen cooking and I was on the couch doing homework a few nights ago and one of the ladies said 'Oh wow, I can see us entertaining here' and without missing a beat he said 'It already has a stripper pole installed?'.

So now, whenever I hear someone say anything about 'entertaining' on that show I picture them pole dancing.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,723,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post

definitely. And there was the re re repeat one with the couple who had the toddler named Jackson. The mom had a voice that sounded like she had sucked on a helium balloon
If they said the kid's name once they said it 55x. I actually counted 55x they said "Jackson would love this," "Jackson,Jackson,Jackson,Jackson,Jackson.......... ............"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV