Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,206,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I can't believe they are firing Michael Muhney aka Adam... he's the best actor on the show...
So the producers/writers create new, not very interesting characters, keep boring, annoying characters (like Lily and Cane or most of the teenagers of the show).... but they get rid of the good ones... First, "Phyllis", then "Billy", now "Adam"...
Adam???? WTH?

I haven't watched since.....well, you know, the Deliah thing, but just in the last week or so, I've been thinking about going back to the show.

Not now.

I've always liked Adam and thought he was actually a pretty sympathetic character (granted, I wasn't watching the show when he first appeared and was at his most evil).

I also think the actor is incredibly versatile.

I guess the show won't be getting me back as a viewer any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 03:39 PM

126,110 posts, read 18,860,260 times
He was my favorite actor

Michael Muhney, Adam Newman On 'Young And The Restless,' Abruptly Fired, And Here's Why (EXCLUSIVE)

Old 01-02-2014, 03:56 PM

What a wonderful interview with him!

And I find it interesting that he evaded the question about Eric Braeden. It's no secret that I have always detested the Victor Newman character but I've also always suspected there is more Victor Newman in Eric Braeden than what was ever really acknowledged.

I hope for wonderful opportunities ahead for Michael Muhney and I hope Y&R loses many viewers over this stupid decision.

Edited to add: Screw 'em!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:05 PM

126,110 posts, read 18,860,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

And I find it interesting that he evaded the question about Eric Braeden. It's no secret that I have always detested the Victor Newman character but I've also always suspected there is more Victor Newman in Eric Braeden than what was ever really acknowledged.

I hope for wonderful opportunities ahead for Michael Muhney and I hope Y&R loses many viewers over this stupid decision.

I loved everything about Adam and recent Billy.I found their acting skills outstanding..I wonder what is up between Kelly and the new doctor Stitch..

Old 01-02-2014, 05:54 PM

569 posts, read 668,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

That was a great article! I am SOOO bummed that they fired him. Loved his Adam. I guess my show just got shorter. There are already so many stories I ff through already I may just end up chucking the whole thing.

The flashback yesterday was fun. I had forgotten who all those characters were (been watching for over 30 years off and on).

Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM

19,290 posts, read 9,388,430 times
Adam Mu...., I mean Michael Muhney IS Adam! All these characters that have left the show, remind me of a statement someone once made about Phelps and killing off "Y&R". That maybe that is her deep down intention?

Is Eric Braedon have any $% in this TV show, network, or something "behind the scenes", main commercial sponsor/s? Makes me wonder.

As for Stitch and Kelly, I suspect Stitch was her ex husband.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
It may be time to cut the cord. Not sure what the higher ups are doing but they have changed so much about Y&R it is hardly recognizable at all. Of course some actors go but Billy and Phyllis and now Michael are just too much all at once. I don't think too many people would be too upset if they killed off Victor. That would take the whole thing in a new direction. he has caused enough anguish and misery.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:29 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,277,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
As for Stitch and Kelly, I suspect Stitch was her ex husband.
I don't think so. The other day Dylan asked Stich about "Jen" and their son, and Kelly has lost the only child she had.
I just think Stitch has marital issues, which may bring him closer to Victoria.
I hate what they are doing to Billy and Victoria, they have always been good together. Can't any couple be happy?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:39 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,277,786 times
I heard "Kyle" was leaving too. Never really liked this actor in the role so it's not a big deal, but still, it seems that noone is safe on this show, old or new to it.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't think too many people would be too upset if they killed off Victor. That would take the whole thing in a new direction. he has caused enough anguish and misery.
Long before I quit the show because of what they did to Delia, I was often close to pulling the plug because I found Victor so detestable - to the point I was having trouble watching the show.

I have to wonder if Eric Braeden didn't have something to do with Michael/Adam's firing. It's obvious from the uproar over his firing that he (Michael) was popular and maybe Braeden felt threatened because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I heard "Kyle" was leaving too. Never really liked this actor in the role so it's not a big deal, but still, it seems that noone is safe on this show, old or new to it.
I liked the Young Kyle - the kid. I thought he was a great little actor and was really sorry when they SORAS'ed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV