Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 08:17 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

Victoria Rowell (Drew) filed a lawsuit against CBS and Sony saying they blocked her being rehired because she spoke out years ago about the lack of diversity on daytime TV.

So we kow she wants to come back. If CBS did block her I THINK IT WAS A DUMB MOVE. sO MANY LONG TIME VIEWERS HAVE BEEN WANTED HER BACK FOR YEARS...INCLUDING ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Perhaps he is thinking of Lily and his grandchildren and that he needs to get help for them. Also he simply might not want to be around Devon or Hillary.
He's drunk.

And I swear to jeebus I wish they killed off that whiny little Lily.

She just survived a plane crash and she's going around like Debbie Downer telling Cane that he has false hope and that she won't forgive him or Devon. She's not very meaty, but she's the first one on the grill if the situation doesn't improve.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:24 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Perhaps he is thinking of Lily and his grandchildren and that he needs to get help for them. Also he simply might not want to be around Devon or Hillary.
If I were Neil, I sure wouldn't want to be around those two and the way they were carrying on - "I love you" "I'm not going to leave you" "Babe" kiss kiss kiss All the while, Neil is forced to watch - it was uncomfortable for me to even watch that, too (cringeworthy). Yeah, Devon laying across Hilary's upper body, keeping her warm, etc. No wonder Neil would rather risk it in the snow than to sit there and watch all that lovey dovey stuff. But, no I get why he did it - like RV said - it is being a martyr. He will risk dying for his family, even for that ungrateful son of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Well, we all know that going "back to the bottle" was his form of indulging in self-destruction, so maybe he really feels that he just doesn't have anything left to live for. Yeah...I know it sounds like self-centered BS, but addiction definitely clouds people's vision. He has a great career, his daughter Lily, his young son Moses and two grandchildren who would be devastated if he was gone, but he certainly wasn't thinking of any of them when he started drinking again so who knows what he's doing.

Martrydom is road walked alone...maybe he just wanted to be alone...

RVcook
You do make a huge point - Neil has gone back to the bottle and in his clouded mind, he is thinking he is going to save his nearly destroyed family. He isn't thinking straight about his own life and its value, but only of his children: Lily and Moses, and yeah, even Devon. He's probably thinking of Hilary, too and even though she committed the ultimate betrayal with Devon, I will bet anything that he still loves her. I am hoping and this is probably a really long shot and also because I wanted Hilary gone - maybe, MAYBE, Hilary realizes she loves Neil and that Devon was just an infatuation all along. What she has with Neil is the REAL THING and by the way she's pregnant (maybe they find out at the hospital after the rescue) and the baby is most likely Neil's. I will forgive her if she goes back to Neil

Old 02-23-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Victoria Rowell (Drew) filed a lawsuit against CBS and Sony saying they blocked her being rehired because she spoke out years ago about the lack of diversity on daytime TV.

So we kow she wants to come back. If CBS did block her I THINK IT WAS A DUMB MOVE. sO MANY LONG TIME VIEWERS HAVE BEEN WANTED HER BACK FOR YEARS...INCLUDING ME.
Yes, really dumb move on the part of CBS if they did block her because I've been thinking all these years that she WAS going to return at some point.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart Balloon View Post
He's drunk.

And I swear to jeebus I wish they killed off that whiny little Lily.

She just survived a plane crash and she's going around like Debbie Downer telling Cane that he has false hope and that she won't forgive him or Devon. She's not very meaty, but she's the first one on the grill if the situation doesn't improve.
Lily is a real pain sometimes. She IS a whiner and after all she and Cain have been through, you would think their marriage would be really strong and she would understand why Cain kept the affair a secret. She is really behaving irrationally. I did expect her to be angry and maybe the marriage to be shaky during the reveal but she doesn't even let Cain explain himself and she doesn't listen. She just will not give Cain a break.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Lily is a real pain sometimes. She IS a whiner and after all she and Cain have been through, you would think their marriage would be really strong and she would understand why Cain kept the affair a secret. She is really behaving irrationally. I did expect her to be angry and maybe the marriage to be shaky during the reveal but she doesn't even let Cain explain himself and she doesn't listen. She just will not give Cain a break.
They sure are unlucky in Genoa City!

I've never seen so many characters on the brink. They could easily kill off a lot of expensive staff right now.

Let's start with ..

Old 02-24-2015, 12:16 AM

738 posts, read 998,998 times
Quote:
If I were Neil, I sure wouldn't want to be around those two and the way they were carrying on - "I love you" "I'm not going to leave you" "Babe" kiss kiss kiss All the while, Neil is forced to watch - it was uncomfortable for me to even watch that, too (cringeworthy). Yeah, Devon laying across Hilary's upper body, keeping her warm, etc. No wonder Neil would rather risk it in the snow than to sit there and watch all that lovey dovey stuff. But, no I get why he did it - like RV said - it is being a martyr. He will risk dying for his family, even for that ungrateful son of his.
Couldn't agree more CoolG!

Quote:
You do make a huge point - Neil has gone back to the bottle and in his clouded mind, he is thinking he is going to save his nearly destroyed family. He isn't thinking straight about his own life and its value, but only of his children: Lily and Moses, and yeah, even Devon. He's probably thinking of Hilary, too and even though she committed the ultimate betrayal with Devon, I will bet anything that he still loves her. I am hoping and this is probably a really long shot and also because I wanted Hilary gone - maybe, MAYBE, Hilary realizes she loves Neil and that Devon was just an infatuation all along. What she has with Neil is the REAL THING and by the way she's pregnant (maybe they find out at the hospital after the rescue) and the baby is most likely Neil's. I will forgive her if she goes back to Neil
OMG...now THAT would be perfect!!!

RVcook

Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart Balloon View Post
They sure are unlucky in Genoa City!

I've never seen so many characters on the brink. They could easily kill off a lot of expensive staff right now.

Let's start with ..
Summer, Hilary (if she isn't with Neil), Devon, Abbey, and maybe Lily temporarily leaving for Paris for a couple of months. Lily really has been annoying lately.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Couldn't agree more CoolG!

OMG...now THAT would be perfect!!!

RVcook
I hope this is a storyline they have in mind because it would make thinks soooooo interesting and complicate things just a wee bit if Hilary starts having conflicting emotions about Neil, and suddenly comes to the realization that she truly loves him and that Devon was just a hot infatuation that went nowhere (I know this realization will take a while) but to keep her in town, maybe she'll hear, along with Neil at the same time, the news that she is pregnant. Now that would be so much more interesting than, even though we want them out of town, Devon and Hilary walking off into the sunset, while poor Neil looks on sadly.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 PM

Jack is really freaking me out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV