Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 05:58 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,968,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
does anybody else get the feeling this whole thing is being made up as they go along....like they don't know where they are going with Victor and the Doc? Billy and Phyllis? Everything seems to lack direction to me lately.
Isn't that case with many of these long term type series?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 06:24 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
But I don't think it is.

I had a friend who worked on production of a soap years ago and she told me there is a huge storyboard with long range plans for how the characters will be interacting and the stories will unfold. Of course the stories aren't written out to the end like they usually do when a TV show knows it is going to end (ie The good Wife) but they certainly are written out many months if not years ahead.
Then different teams of writers are assigned parts of the stories to come up with scenes and dialogue.

For many plots I can say--"Oh, I see where they are going with this". Not the conclusion but I can see how they are developing a mystery or a romance but for the most part, I simply can't fathom where they are going with Victor behind bars.

Now I will contradict myself and say it looks to me like they are setting the scene for Hillary to be murdered. These are all the folks who hate her, Lily, Cane, Neil, Ashley, Dr. Neville, and to a degree, Davon. Jack is not aware yet of how evil she can be. Hillary has way too much power over all these characters and presents a real problem for all of them. And we haven't had a good murder mystery for quite some time.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:55 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,681,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
But I don't think it is.

I had a friend who worked on production of a soap years ago and she told me there is a huge storyboard with long range plans for how the characters will be interacting and the stories will unfold. Of course the stories aren't written out to the end like they usually do when a TV show knows it is going to end (ie The good Wife) but they certainly are written out many months if not years ahead.
Then different teams of writers are assigned parts of the stories to come up with scenes and dialogue.

For many plots I can say--"Oh, I see where they are going with this". Not the conclusion but I can see how they are developing a mystery or a romance but for the most part, I simply can't fathom where they are going with Victor behind bars.

Now I will contradict myself and say it looks to me like they are setting the scene for Hillary to be murdered. These are all the folks who hate her, Lily, Cane, Neil, Ashley, Dr. Neville, and to a degree, Davon. Jack is not aware yet of how evil she can be. Hillary has way too much power over all these characters and presents a real problem for all of them. And we haven't had a good murder mystery for quite some time.
Every person who keeps her secret is subject to being blackmailed. That is why she smiled when Devon said that Hillary agreed to keep quiet.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:06 PM

19,104 posts, read 16,474,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Every person who keeps her secret is subject to being blackmailed. That is why she smiled when Devon said that Hillary agreed to keep quiet.
I thought the exact same thing. Hillary will have her boot on everyone's neck, as long as they continue to keep her secret. I say come clean about what happened and let the chips fall where they may. What a bunch of weenie cowards. It was pretty funny when Lily threw that drink in Hillary's face, too. But, Neil and his whining to Lily about why he did it was totally pathetic.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:25 PM

15,108 posts, read 27,550,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
?? - Did you mean Lily?

Old 05-14-2016, 04:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
yes Hillary smiled when Devon said Lily would keep quiet.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:27 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,119,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
It's not been too exciting.. "big" surprise that P & B had sex - nice to see that Devon MIGHT be getting a backbone though.
Jack should have never remarried Phyllis. He deserves a lot better. Didn't the woman cheat on him with his former stepson Nick, and now his brother Billy. The woman is unfaithful and she has the morals of an alleycat. If she and Billy ever get serious, he can count on her cheating on him at some point, too.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 PM

Actually I shouldn't insult alleycats the way I did by comparing them to Phyllis Romalatti Newman Abbot.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:09 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,968,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Actually I shouldn't insult alleycats the way I did by comparing them to Phyllis Romalatti Newman Abbot.
Phyllis Romalatti Newman Abbott character is one of taking care oneself above all else no matter who gets hurt in the process.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Phyllis Romalatti Newman Abbott character is one of taking care oneself above all else no matter who gets hurt in the process.
That is true - anyone that ever got involved with her lived to regret it. You can count on her for being conniving if it results in something that she wants and is in her best interest. Even her own daughter Summer is not off limits to being used as a pawn. She uses her children if it gets her what she wants, woman has no scruples. I still want Michelle to return in the role of Phyllis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV