Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 09:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

Jack has some interesting and sometimes annoying personal habits. Wonder if the actor does the same thing. One is preening with his fingernails. Another is how he sucks his bottom teeth, grimaces and turns his head to the side when he gets really angry.That is one character I simply could never see another actor doing.

And don't you just love to hate Gloria? She is so selfish and conniving but not evil like Hillary. Gloria has some redeeming qualities like she genuinely loves her boys but she is always out for herself. How one woman can lose so much money over and over again gets to me. too bad Jeffrey seems to be out of the story. He is one other character it was fun to hate too. he was downright comical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM

2,740 posts, read 1,338,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Jack has some interesting and sometimes annoying personal habits. Wonder if the actor does the same thing. One is preening with his fingernails. Another is how he sucks his bottom teeth, grimaces and turns his head to the side when he gets really angry.That is one character I simply could never see another actor doing.

He does that facial expression a lot!

Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 AM

While this article is a few years old and mostly about another soap, I think the time table is pretty much across the board.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/...corday-reveals

Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Also most of us know that soaps, just like TV shows and movies are not shot in chronological order. Sometimes the first scene shot is actually the last one of the show. I would think it makes doing that kind of work successfully very difficult. That's what makes them good actors. It mostly has to do with budgetary concerns.

We are seeing a lot of scenes in the Chandler Park lately. What is happening is the real outdoor park is set up with lights, cameras, sound people, etc and all the characters are ready to do their scenes. First Phyllis and Michael come in and do their scene at the cafe which will show on a Thursday. They leave and next Lily and Neal and Devon do their scene which will show two weeks from Thursday, Then here comes Sharon and Christian to do their scene which won't run for 5 weeks down the road. Think about how much time it would take to set up for each individual scene. All this costs money.
So it is up to the editors to put it all together to make a cohesive story.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:10 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Y&R tapes five weeks ahead. DOOL tapes six months ahead which explains why I used to see women dressed in sleeveless clothing in the dead of winter. Haven't watched DOOL in over a year so I can't say if that timetable is still accurate but I do keep up with Y&R (since they changed writers).

Speaking of writers ... I do wish they would change the record, though. Last week Lily told Hillary that if anything happens to Devon or if he dies (can't remember verbatim what she said) then "It's on YOU!" Now, this week previews have Sharon saying the exact same thing to Paul about Dylan. Jeeeeeez. When are the people who actually put their lives in danger going to be the ones held responsible if something bad happens?

No one forced Devon to get into that car and drive like a maniac in the snow. Also, no one forced Dylan to take that dangerous undercover job. Both decisions on them and no one else. So if something happens, they are the ones who should get the blame. Yeah, Hillary is a witch and Sharon sometimes gets on your last nerve but neither of them forced their men to act like fools. The writers drive me crazy with their "let's blame the other person dialog." There. I said it. I feel better.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:35 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,204 times
Lauren is still wearing the same dress today, but Phyllis wasn't on so we don't know if she is still running around with that red dress with the keyhole opening on her front. I do love to hate Gloria but she is so much fun! I am hoping she'll have a big storyline for a long time. Since she is teaming up with Jack that seems to be a good sign. Jack does have a lot quirks, especially that sucking of his lower teeth. Thank you, everyone, for all the great info about how far ahead Y&R films. It is interesting to know these things while we watch the scenes. I think also that the writers' care about what we think, which explains why storylines disappear all of a sudden, I have been thinking about that lately.

I also find it strange that there is a huge blame game all the time, but then again that happens in real life, in real families, too, no matter how unfair, it is human nature to go after someone to blame something on. Most things that do happen come from a poorly made decision, made by an individual, and no one "made them" do anything. Devon made the stupid decision to go speeding up to 140 mph in that new car. No one pushed him into that car or made him drive so fast. Yes, he was upset because of Hillary, but she didn't tell him to burn the metal on his car.

Thanks nk for finding out who that singer was during the Christmas show! Wow, Aileen Quinn! Time does go by so quickly, I didn't even recognize her. Good to see she is still singing and talented as ever.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

And don't you just love to hate Gloria? She is so selfish and conniving but not evil like Hillary. Gloria has some redeeming qualities like she genuinely loves her boys but she is always out for herself. How one woman can lose so much money over and over again gets to me. too bad Jeffrey seems to be out of the story. He is one other character it was fun to hate too. he was downright comical.
The Gloria character is also interesting to watch. Although in real life what are the chances that she would overhear Lauren's conversation and then be able to sabotage the potential deal with a wild story with the potential investor.

As for Jeffrey being that he is Chelsea's father, they could also bring him back to Y&R in the future.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The Gloria character is also interesting to watch. Although in real life what are the chances that she would overhear Lauren's conversation and then be able to sabotage the potential deal with a wild story with the potential investor.

As for Jeffrey being that he is Chelsea's father, they could also bring him back to Y&R in the future.
They can do that when they are writing, just write in the most implausible kind of stuff, like the way Gloria happens to be there right when she overhears Lauren and the guy speaking and of course, he asks about the spa, which then gave her the great idea... They don't have to write in a "realistic way just so the storyline can be directed a certain way and we get the little twists and turns. I do hope that Gloria is doing all this for "the family" and she's not just doing it for herself. The reason I started not liking Jeffrey was he really got down to a nasty and mean level in his bad of tricks. I always thought he was funny and FUN to have around the show, but when he started doing some really heartless things, then I didn't really enjoy watching him anymore. I don't even remember what he did actually, but have never been rid of that feeling since. I get him confused with Jill's ex, too, Colin. Both men who have shown some decency in the past and the signs of a gold heart in among all the crap, but they both have been a disappointment at times.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM

That woman, Alex, with Dylan seems very familiar, maybe she is a model in real life. I have seen her somewhere. That whole storyline reminds me of Miami Vice in the 1980s. I am thinking that Dylan may go and have a one night stand with Alex. I think he is still angry with Sharon even though she did everything for him and to protect him. Is it still true that Steve Burton is leaving or had he re-signed a new contract? Doesn't seem like he is going away at all - this is a big storyline.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:39 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
That woman, Alex, with Dylan seems very familiar, maybe she is a model in real life. I have seen her somewhere. That whole storyline reminds me of Miami Vice in the 1980s. I am thinking that Dylan may go and have a one night stand with Alex. I think he is still angry with Sharon even though she did everything for him and to protect him. Is it still true that Steve Burton is leaving or had he re-signed a new contract? Doesn't seem like he is going away at all - this is a big storyline.
I too thought that the actress playing Alex looked familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV