Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 06:08 AM

2,739 posts, read 1,335,035 times

Advertisements

Why didn't Colin just give Jill the letter and ring? I guess this approach causes more drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
Haha. Yep, it does often seem like they're on almost every day although I'm sure they aren't.

Like you, I truly believe Billy was truly in love with Phyllis although it's debatable about whether or not she ever loved him OR loved Jack.

I don't for a minute believe that now all of a sudden, Billy is over Phyllis and is back to being desperately in love with Victoria.

The new writer has the right to force-feed us Billy & Vicki but we, viewers, know what we saw in previous months where Billy was seriously into Phyllis & practically forgetting Victoria's name. For him, it was clearly more than just a physical relationship.

And speaking of the new writer, my problem with her is that she seems to want to dismiss any past storyline she has no interest in even if viewers were heavily invested. That's how it's been with the Phyllis/Billy, Chloe, & Nick/Sully storylines.
I'm not sure how I feel about the new writing for Y&R. Stories are moving slowly. They have dropped the Chloe/Adam/Victor/Nick/Chelsea/Sully story. How can Victor not know that Chloe was involved in the house exploding where Adam was staying? He has ties to help a kidnap victim in the Middle East, but no connections to figure out Chloe?

Old 03-03-2017, 06:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Why didn't Colin just give Jill the letter and ring? I guess this approach causes more drama.
Why should he? Billy donated the jewelry box to charity. Colin purchased it fair and square. Whatever was in it is now his. Jill should blame Billy if anything comes of this.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why should he? Billy donated the jewelry box to charity. Colin purchased it fair and square. Whatever was in it is now his. Jill should blame Billy if anything comes of this.

Billy didn't donate it to charity. Jill left the music box at Chancellor Park. We saw someone's "hands" pick up the box.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:06 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,672,733 times
Quote:
Exactly I mean, what's the fun in just returning everything to Jill? They don't call it daytime drama for nothing.

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the new writing for Y&R. Stories are moving slowly. They have dropped the Chloe/Adam/Victor/Nick/Chelsea/Sully story. How can Victor not know that Chloe was involved in the house exploding where Adam was staying? He has ties to help a kidnap victim in the Middle East, but no connections to figure out Chloe?
I think Chloe will be found out sometime but not until they (the writers and show's producer) decide if Adam will return. There are still rumors flying that Michael Muhney will come back to the show but it's not confirmed ... yet.

I got a giggle out of your comment about how slow the show is moving, too. I noticed that , as well, but it doesn't really bother me. If I miss a day or two or three (which happens frequently), I really haven't missed anything at all.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:30 PM

894 posts, read 586,518 times
Quote:
Colin is getting on my nerves. All he's doing is getting himself deeper & deeper into trouble with this situation.

Off-topic: Nick and Chelsea still seem much too forced. I wonder if the writers are rushing them together so it'll cause maximum pain & conflicted feelings upon Adam's return.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:00 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,157,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I thought that there was an episode where Esther quit the coffeehouse and decided to go back to the Chancellor Mansion. I don't remember the full circumstances.

As for Kevin going to the Middle East to help release Scott, why wasn't there a scene where he saying goodbye to Chloe and Bella for a few days?
No, there were no scenes of Kevin saying goodbye to Chloe and Bella. One day, he just showed up at Victor's office while Michael was there (or was it the police station, I don't remember) and he said he was going to be the bag man and get Scotty out of there. Michael protested because he didn't want Kevin to put himself in danger, but was finally convinced by Victor that it was the best way.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:05 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,157,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Loved today's episode. I can definitely tell a difference in the writing now. Jill's scenes today brought tears to my eyes. BUT ... It's official. Colin is scum. First he steals all his wife's money then he finds the ring that Katherine left to her, sells it to reimburse her for her lost fortune. I'm sure, in his world, this makes sense but who in their right mind replaces stolen money with the victim's own money?

On another note, Faith is becoming her mother's daughter. That scheming is just the sort of thing Sharon would do or rather does when she wants things to go her way. Nikki's on to Faith's little game, though. Glad she called her out on it, too. You go, Grandma!
I think that Colin is a greedy fool but he does love Jill in his own way, he just goes about doing things that are very scummy. It's like his mind cannot process and reason things out the way a "normal" person would, he is very pathetic at times because he truly thinks that he is doing the right thing and that his happy ending is around the corner, it's always one last score/con with him.

I do think that the older Faith gets, the more like Sharon she becomes. They do bad things for what they think are very good reasons, out of love, but this way of living has cost Sharon a LOT and Faith may be headed in the same direction and making the same mistakes as her mother.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:30 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
No, there were no scenes of Kevin saying goodbye to Chloe and Bella. One day, he just showed up at Victor's office while Michael was there (or was it the police station, I don't remember) and he said he was going to be the bag man and get Scotty out of there. Michael protested because he didn't want Kevin to put himself in danger, but was finally convinced by Victor that it was the best way.
Again I know that there were no such scenes. The question is why not?!

Old 03-05-2017, 08:25 AM

894 posts, read 586,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I think that Colin is a greedy fool but he does love Jill in his own way, he just goes about doing things that are very scummy. It's like his mind cannot process and reason things out the way a "normal" person would, he is very pathetic at times because he truly thinks that he is doing the right thing and that his happy ending is around the corner, it's always one last score/con with him.
I also think Colin loves Jill just like it's obvious she still loves him though she's rightly extremely angry at him at the moment. (And I don't blame her one bit.)

Colin does have major issues though; I still can't get over him saying something to the effect of "How was I supposed to know the ring was valuable?"

At the time of his ridiculous question, he didn't grasp that regardless of whether he knew the value of the ring, it just was NOT his to sell in the first place.

That was even crazier than him wanting to repay Jill with money that was hers to start with anyway. And believe me, that too was insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV