Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 11:54 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I try not to get too upset with any of the soap characters and what they say or do, as I know that the writers are just using them to write about current events. Most shows tend not to bring in a lot of new actors, and soaps like to recycle past actors quite a bit and then build these various themes around the regular cast.

So we had Dina returning and the whole caring for elderly parents with dementia theme, and also elders sometimes being preyed upon/scammed that involved the Abbott family. I thought that Marla Adams as Dina did a fantastic job of acting and I hope that we see her again soon and that she doesn't fade away in Paris.

Then they've touched upon females exploring their sexuality (am I straight? gay? bi?) and to get this secret between Tessa and Mariah out in the open and for them to address their feelings, the writers appear to be using the plagiarism theme in the music industry (I mean plagiarism happens a lot in the music industry - so it appears from all the lawsuits out there) to bust this sexuality storyline wide open.

And with JT returning and whatever direction they are looking to take with him, they could possibly be using him to deal with the current opioid addiction crisis going on in the world (or at least the US). Or maybe drug addiction in general? Probably sweeps month in February will show us what is up with JT .

Then we have the homeless storyline with mainly the Newmans (past & present). And before that we had sex trafficking. I half expect cryptocurrencies to be written in later this year, where Victor invests in it and it turns out to be a huge financial disaster for his company. Time will tell what the writers have up their sleeves next !
Exactly! You did a really good job reviewing the kind of topical storylines Y&R has been doing lately and they've been doing a lot of them! Alzheimers, elder abuse, sexuality and identity, homeless crisis, and now with JT, maybe a opioid addiction. They are maybe grabbing storyline ideas from headlines. I think that Y&R is getting very realistic at times, sometimes too realistic. I do like what they have done with the storylines, some are very interesting even though very depressing at times like Dina and how her family is coping and trying to help their mother at the same time. I was glad that Dina was going on a long vacation to Paris, a month long, she seemed so down until Abbey invited her to Paris, I think she still remembers all the good times she had there, and I loved it when Abbey asked her "is there anything keeping you in Genoa?" and Dina throws up her arms and saids "No". I loved seeing Dina happy.

I could see Victor involved in a cryptocurrencies storyline, too and he invests and loses his shirt. I have heard news stories of people buying Bitcoins years ago for dirt cheap and now they are worth millions. I wish stuff like that happens to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 06:07 AM

2,741 posts, read 1,339,471 times
I have mixed feelings about Dina going to Paris. Is this the end of her story? If so, it's not a good ending. Plus Dina's leaving opens the door to the Jack/Ashley feud about Jabot, which I don't like. We need more Abbott's in Genoa City.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post

I do like Tessa but find her character is changing and not in a good way. I understand why she stole the gun from Nikki, she was desperate to protect her younger sister from Zac. It's more the lying that I have a problem with and how easily she does it. She just looked right at Devon and lied without blinking.
Yes, she lied very easily - and both Noah and Devon believed her.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
I have mixed feelings about Dina going to Paris. Is this the end of her story? If so, it's not a good ending. Plus Dina's leaving opens the door to the Jack/Ashley feud about Jabot, which I don't like. We need more Abbott's in Genoa City.
Quote:
Yes, she lied very easily - and both Noah and Devon believed her.
I think Dina will be back, but I guess they needed some movement in the Jack/Ashley feud and some decisions made about who would actually be running Jabot. I don't like the sibling feud over Jabot either.

I think Tessa is going toward the dark side, really, her personality has changed, but I also think Mariah should just let them release the song, like Devon said, Mariah doesn't have copyrights on the "lyrics". Devon was even going to offer Mariah residuals on the song, which if it was a hit, she could be set for life. I don't know how residuals work, but she would be getting a check every month and every time the song is used, a big fat check. I think she is letting her anger and pride get the better of her.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:55 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
It's easy to forget that Marla Adams is pushing 80 (?) and likely needed a week or two of rest after working so much (and being so heavily featured onscreen) the past six-plus weeks.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:10 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
And what about Devon and Hillary? Thinking they may rekindle and he will be baby's daddy. Would like to see more about Scott and Abby. Since thy are both in Europe, sure they are still in touch.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
It's easy to forget that Marla Adams is pushing 80 (?) and likely needed a week or two of rest after working so much (and being so heavily featured onscreen) the past six-plus weeks.
She really looks good for 80, I hope we see more of her and I think we will when she returns from Paris.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
And what about Devon and Hillary? Thinking they may rekindle and he will be baby's daddy. Would like to see more about Scott and Abby. Since thy are both in Europe, sure they are still in touch.
I think that Devon is even considering being Hillary's baby daddy, he kept saying baby needs a daddy and one that is not a stranger, so I am thinking he would like to step up to the plate. I think we are seeing a new and improved Hillary, I like this one a lot better and maybe MAYBE things will work out with Devon. Devon is taking a big risk though after all that has happened in the past. Scary for him.

Scott and Abby are in Europe, wonder what they are doing, but Abby, or the actress that plays her, won't be on screen for a while due to just having given birth, so the romance for Scobby is put on hold for a while.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:55 AM

So it looks like Ashley will go to Newman. Victoria will love that!

Old 01-29-2018, 11:24 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
So it looks like Ashley will go to Newman. Victoria will love that!
I guess she couldn't hack it as a CEO afterall. Running from one man's company to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV