Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Just adding my thoughts here ....

Adam got exactly what he deserved! Blinded for his laundry list of evil acts. What I don't get is Sharon. This woman must be nuts! She's in love with the guy who made her believe her own child was dead. Sharon's more psychotic than Patty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

Adam got exactly what he deserved! Blinded for his laundry list of evil acts. What I don't get is Sharon. This woman must be nuts! She's in love with the guy who made her believe her own child was dead. Sharon's more psychotic than Patty!
The really bad Adam happened during a time when I couldn't watch Y&R - no t.v. reception here and before I knew I could watch it on-line - so I missed all his really evil deeds.

When I was able to hook back up with the show, I had no previous history with him and saw him as someone totally rejected by his father and half-siblings and that none of the stuff he did even came close to what his evil old man has done over the years.

I only realized just recently that he's the son of Hope; I had forgotten about that chapter of Victor's life.

So, in fact, I actually tend to see him as a bit of a sympathetic character and I think the actor is pretty good at showing that side of him.

When Patty threw the chemical into his face, he was trying to stop her from hurting anyone else (at least that's how I saw it).

Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

But he was blind before! Of course, Y & R style!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Hey! Thanks for filling in the blanks about Adam. I'm a relatively new viewer of the show so I'm not up on Adam's history. I think I came into the story line when baby Faith was a newborn and living with Ashley. It was only through flashbacks on the show that I learned the baby had been switched by Adam. Of course, knowing that he did that I still don't have any sympathy for him. What he did was despicable. Victor doesn't appear to be any boy scout, either.

From what I've seen on the show, Victor, Adam and Jack are pretty ruthless and will do most anything to get what they want.

I'm glad for people like the fans here who can help me get up to speed with the characters and backstories. You guys rock!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
I miss so much of this show so I have a question:

1. Why did Victor marry recently? What was his real reason for doing so?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I miss so much of this show so I have a question:

1. Why did Victor marry recently? What was his real reason for doing so?
LOL

I watch the show every day and I've wondered the same thing.

I have no idea why the Victor/Sharon marriage took place. At first, I thought it was a way to ensure that Sharon would share custody of Faith because then Victor could call in some favors from the family court judge.

But why did they have to marry for that to happen?

I have no clue what the "real reason" was for the marriage.

It just seemed to be some dumb story line that made absolutely no sense, even for a soap.

I am just so glad they never slept together. I was really scared that was going to happen, especially when Sharon met him at the ranch and kind of hinted (it seemed to me) that they should "do" something because it was his first night out of prison (which it wasn't - he had gotten out the day before while she was sleeping with Adam and he slept with Nicki).

Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM

I hope Victor explains to Nikki (and us) why he married Sharon because I'm confused as all get out. With all the bed-hopping, marriages and divorces, I need a score card to keep the players straight.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
He married Sharon to use her to represent his vote on the board so the votes wouldn't Allow Adam to sell Beauty N' Nature.
Sharon caught on meeting with Victor & Tucker realizing they was trying to set up Adam for fixing the vote so he would be arrested by FCC.
Sharon deep love for Adam, did not want him to sit in Jail and was tired of this squabble between them two went and told Adam so he never met Tucker so FCC did not have the proof they needed so Beauty N Nature was sold to highest bidder.

I dont know if they are letting this Dyan Jenkins murder stayed unresolved but I still think Patty did it. Ronan & Ricky figure Patty was the extra person in Park, and she was the one who made the pillows planting evidence later on like the syringe.
Did I miss in how Diane body manage to get into creek ?
Didnt Diane body toxicology showed she was injected with syringe.
I dont think we are over her case yet, and I wouldn't put it pass for Patty to escape and be Emily again.
Im just puzzled how she can be witty and operate a PC but when she in trouble she acts like a kid.

As someone who legally blind, I feel sorry for Adam, but I like his character or at least I did at beginning as I thought he made good snake moves.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 PM

Wow, SunnyKayak ... Thanks for the great explanation! I better start paying more attention to the stories or I'll be back here asking for your guidance in understanding.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 PM

I just watched today's show and I have to say that that little actress who plays Delia is freakin' adorable.

Also, I see that Victor is up to his old tricks and is somehow involved with the Chelsea/Billy storyline - apparently having something to do with Chelsea's mom, maybe being responsible for bringing her to G.C. Makes me wonder if that paternity test was rigged somehow. Maybe the baby will turn out to NOT be Billy's but he and Victoria end up getting him anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV