Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times

Advertisements

Ooh, I don't know who that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 12:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
You don't know who Michelle Stafford is? She's an annoying redhead who's been on Y&R for many years, playing Phyllis. She's in a coma on that show, too. I don't watch that, but you know how you pick things up over the years.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
As much as I love Leslie Charleson and Monica, I hate to say that they probably would not give her such an opportunity to have a storyline. You could say she has three strikes against her. First, she is likely pretty expensive, since she has been around so long and even without a contract, she likely commands a large (and totally justified) per-appearance fee. The second strike is that the current regime does not seem interested in the character, since they have passed on numerous logical opportunities to integrate her into stories. The third strike, ironically is her no longer having any living children on the show, and only a handful of relatives on the show in general. I can't see her being any more than a character who passes through to comment on others' story once a month or so. Which is a crying shame, since there are lots of more "traditional" ways they could keep her relevant, and if they were to go the direction you suggest...well, all the better. They would have to bring Donna Mills back to play some of it, though, since you couldn't resist the chance to reunite those two onscreen as "TV sisters" after forty years. But the question remains as to whether the writers would go to such lengths, story-wise, just to be able to have an in-joke involving another soap that very few people even remember?

The current writers do seem intent on making everyone related to one another. Too bad they do little with it once they establish those ties (yes, Franco/Scotty I'm looking at you). All these writing acrobatics they perform in order to explain how X is related to Y strikes me as showing off. What next? Self-righteous jerk Levi as Silas and Nina's coma baby? Come to think of it, it would explain his extraordinary ability to annoy me almost instantaneously--it's genetic.
After further thought, they will probably make Kiki the daughter of Silas and Nina rather than linking Monica to Madeline and Liesl. Sadly, that will just take another newbie (Kiki) and put in another newbie family rather than taking two-powerhouse actresses and linking them to a heritage character (Monica). If Kiki becomes the daughter of Silas and Nina, then there is no way that TPTB will link Monica with Madeline and Liesl as then AJ and Nina would be cousins, so Kiki and Michael would be second cousins.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
You don't know who Michelle Stafford is? She's an annoying redhead who's been on Y&R for many years, playing Phyllis. She's in a coma on that show, too. I don't watch that, but you know how you pick things up over the years.
I just said I didn't know who she is. Why would I lie?

Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, as if everyone knows who she is. I thought maybe you didn't know who she was supposed to be playing, Nina.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:12 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
Quote:
No muscle atrophy, a nice proper weight, and she'll probably be using a smartphone by the third episode she's in.
I was so glad they addressed this very topic when Duke returned from his decades in the Turkish prison. Anna handed him her phone and asked him to call someone quickly while she ran off to investigate something, and he hesitated. He reminded her that it "was not his strong suit at the moment" or something equally charming. She stopped herself and realized her mistake, then basically hit a couple of buttons for him and then handed it back as if to say "figure the rest of it out". But that was the only time I've seen such a reality check. Todd Manning, when he was on OLTL, returned from years of captivity in the final months of OLTL and had a mildly amusing scene where he had to figure out how to use a laptop computer, but since it had been established in years past that he was a computer whiz, it made sense that he didn't take long to get the hang of it.

My guess is that the drop-in moment with...her...will be all we see of her for a while, what with the Nurses' Ball coming up and a lot of other stuff going on. Madeline was hauled off to face charges of poisoning Nina and being responsible for her death, so Madeline would likely reveal (off-camera) Nina's above-ground status in order to get those charges dismissed. When the cops go to check out Madeline's story, they will find her not only alive, but recovering. If Madeline can wiggle out of the murder of that pharmacist (again, all off-camera) she would go to her daughter's side to help her recover and keep her from Port Charles--oh, if only--but if Madeline's in jail, then chances are better Nina will go through rehab and end up chasing down her ex.

As for coma baby, I hope they won't try to make Kiki into Silas and Nina's, since the secretive nature of Nina's pregnancy (Silas did not even know) would make it all very implausible. Ava doesn't seem the maternal type, especially for someone else's baby. I highly doubt Nina's Auntie Liesl transferred the embryo into Ava just for the hell of it.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:31 PM

You're right about the drop-in moment. They sneaked her in and taped that scene, and then inserted it into one that was already taped. GH is on hiatus, so they knew they had a few weeks before she started taping--after that, word would get out fast. Here's where I read that info. An interview with Ron Carlivati I should warn you, though, her name is mentioned several times, so proceed with caution!

Old 05-04-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, as if everyone knows who she is. I thought maybe you didn't know who she was supposed to be playing, Nina.
Oh okay, sorry Yeah, I never watched CBS soaps before. I haven't been watching GH either lately. You guys are my only link!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
So Ron Moss is now coming to GH??

Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So Ron Moss is now coming to GH??
Ugh.

That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV