Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times

Advertisements

Judge: "If anyone can show just cause..."
Heather Webber: "I can!" [wields huge butcher knife]

[entire room of people empties in 2.5 seconds, leaving Tracy and FakeLuke to die]

Where's ol' Heather when you actually WANT her around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 08:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
[quote=..

Where's ol' Heather when you actually WANT her around?[/quote]

More than likely at Kelly's, indulging in yet another BLT.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:44 PM

Sounds to me like Blackie Parrish might arrive looking not quite as we remembered. Did he develop that scarf fetish in prison?

Brad and Britt are our Will and Grace.

I'm wondering if FakeLuke will survive to see the honeymoon. Something just screams "living on borrowed time". And no, not the blood-shot eyes and pasty-white skin.

While Maxie/Nathan just sparkles, is it wrong for me to think how naughty it would be for Nathan and Anna to have a torrid affair? It would make Mutter Liesl's head explode, for sure.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:23 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
If they do a teaser like that, and Blackie Parrish turns out to be nuBlackie Parrish, fans are going to be furious! If it is John Stamos, they have really kept it quiet. I was wondering how they do this, with the performances. Are they lip-synched then edited together, do they sing it live, and that is why the audience usually looks like they're so into it? I know they are actors, but it seems as if they are actually watching performances as the cameras scan the room.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
While Maxie/Nathan just sparkles, is it wrong for me to think how naughty it would be for Nathan and Anna to have a torrid affair? It would make Mutter Liesl's head explode, for sure.
I have said the EXACT same thing!!! We all know that Anna and Duke will start falling apart once she learns of how he lied about Sonny's alibi. I think it's time for Anna to explore her cougar side! There have been a few scenes at the precinct where I've definitely seen some spark between her and Nathan. I don't see them having a serious relationship, just getting a little freaky!

Old 05-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
If they do a teaser like that, and Blackie Parrish turns out to be nuBlackie Parrish, fans are going to be furious! If it is John Stamos, they have really kept it quiet. I was wondering how they do this, with the performances. Are they lip-synched then edited together, do they sing it live, and that is why the audience usually looks like they're so into it? I know they are actors, but it seems as if they are actually watching performances as the cameras scan the room.
I can say with reasonable certainty that it won't be Stamos playing Blackie. It goes back to last year's NB, when an invitation was extended to Stamos. He accepted, then found out his "appearance" would be nothing more than playing drums during Rick Springfield's performance, not a cameo acting part like many of the other returnees got. So he backed out (I would have done the same), and unpleasant words were exchanged on Twitter between Stamos and the Head Writer, causing ill feelings that likely remain. While recasting the character just for a cameo may seem like a Bold move, I think there may be a less-than-mature motivation behind it.

As for the actual performances, I think most of the stuff is lip-synched. I know that Rick S's song was not only a lip-synch, but it was a lip-synch to the original performance from the early 1980s, which was odd to hear since any singer's voice changes over time.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:14 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
If they do a teaser like that, and Blackie Parrish turns out to be nuBlackie Parrish, fans are going to be furious!
That intro/tease was so cheap. I'm no big John Stamos fan, but I'm furious. Stupid ABC ...

Old 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM

Given the character has been out of town and virtually no one currently on canvas has the foggiest idea who he is, I'm guessing the only reason they brought him up and then teased it on the way they did (only to shoot it down) was residual bad feelings on the part of the folks running GH. Which...good lord, guys! Could you grow up and move on??

Sooooo glad they pulled that fast one on Tracy. Back when AJ died I realized that Michael, as heir to AJ's shares in ELQ, would have a lot more voting power, but I forgot how close the whole voting thing was back in the heady times (dare I say "salad days"?) of Pickle-Lila.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Sooooo glad they pulled that fast one on Tracy. Back when AJ died I realized that Michael, as heir to AJ's shares in ELQ, would have a lot more voting power, but I forgot how close the whole voting thing was back in the heady times (dare I say "salad days"?) of Pickle-Lila.
Yes! The only way that could have been better would be for Ned to be staying in town as the CEO.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yes! The only way that could have been better would be for Ned to be staying in town as the CEO.
That would make a lot more sense than Michael doing it. Doesn't he have a restaurant to run? Ain't nepotism sweet?!

I kind of couldn't stand the way they made the songs out to be so supposedly targeted to people and their situations, like it was intentional, and they wrote that song just for them...the meaningful glances, the angry glares, that was lame. So, they could have sang "Fat bottomed girls" to Epiphany, "the b*tch is back" to Britt--or 'the Britch is back, '"No more Mr Nice Guy" to Luke, "Go away, little girl" for Felicia--I mean Emma (no I don't). Anyway, if they did that in past years, I don't remember it as being so stupid. Especially Lucas. Dude, get over it already. Suddenly, I am rooting for a Felix/Brad reconciliation.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 05-12-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV