Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 AM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,997 times

Advertisements

I'm really glad the Maxie/Levi/Nathan thing is finally moving to a conclusion. I still maintain that Felicia ought to donate the rest of that jewelry because a) it attracts crunchy-granola criminals, and b) it's not all that pretty anyway.

But speaking of pretty--Nathan in that t-shirt, jeans and a gun strapped to his hip? ::::fans self::::

Still laughing over last week's visit from Mickey's "sister" named Selma--Selma Diamond?? Nice touch, GH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
So Jason IS alive. One would think they would not have used OldJason in the many pics they zeroed in on over the past few weeks. Very odd.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
One would think they would not have used OldJason in the many pics they zeroed in on over the past few weeks.
Good point, but they can't spill who the new Jason is, so no doubt he'll have had his face changed and explained, for his protection--or w/e. I can't wait to see who it is, though. There were a lot of rumors saying Billy Miller. That would be great. Maybe Jason will have a personality in this latest incarnation.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM

The way the scenes were played, I don't think there will be any immediate follow-up.

They could easily just focus on other stories and we will be led to believe Jasicle's thawing-out process will occur off-screen and Victor's nefarious plans for him will be speculated about, but not shown, much like when they showed Robin had not died in that explosion but was actually alive--and then months passed before anything was shown, and even then it was spotty stuff until they could get the actress back for a longer stint. Shunting Robin off as they did at the close of today's show hints that she might end up "lost" once again (viewers not knowing her fate) as well. A long, drawn-out recovery/brainwashing process for the Jasicle (which is what Victor seemed to be hinting at) is best done off-screen, if you catch my drift.

I guess the Q's have to get used to the idea that only one of Monica's sons can "live" at any given time. Jason lives, AJ dies. Jason dies, AJ comes back. AJ dies again, Jason comes back.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Wouldn't it have been hilarious if 'Jason's hand' had reached up, and he sat up and it was Faison?! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 PM

The Formerly-Frozen, Fickle Finger of Fate.

Well, GH managed to surprise me in one plot point today.
Spoiler
The ICE agent after Levi isn't really an ICE agent--he's in on the scam. I never saw that coming.

Not sure how I feel about Franco's over-familiarity with the Felix/Brad/Lucas musical chairs. I thought the ad-lib about his past "in the mid-90s with a girl in a NYC loft named Ally" was kind of funny, since Laura Wright (now GH's Carly) played Ally on The City, a show that seemingly had everyone living in trendy loft apartments. Still, I don't need his input in the F/B/L triangle, because...well, he acts a little too interested in the details, if you know what I mean.

Today's episode was brought to you by the number three...

Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I thought the ad-lib about his past "in the mid-90s with a girl in a NYC loft named Ally" was kind of funny, since Laura Wright (now GH's Carly) played Ally on The City, a show that seemingly had everyone living in trendy loft apartments. Still, I don't need his input in the F/B/L triangle, because...well, he acts a little too interested in the details, if you know what I mean.

Today's episode was brought to you by the number three...
Dang, what a catch! I sort of wondered when he said Ally, I was thinking of Rafe's mom. I loved The City and would love to have a copy of the last episode, where they played the Beatles's music ending with "The End." It's not online because of the music copyright or something.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 08-13-2014 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 01:58 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
I loved the scene between Olivia and Carly. Way to go Olivia! Carly needs a wake up call about Franco.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:05 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I thought the ad-lib about his past "in the mid-90s with a girl in a NYC loft named Ally" was kind of funny, since Laura Wright (now GH's Carly) played Ally on The City, a show that seemingly had everyone living in trendy loft apartments.
You know, if ABC wanted to pay homage to its soaps, it could have started off years ago by not torpedoing each and every one of them but General Hospital --- and it's doing a pretty good job of ruining its last surviving soap, too.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:16 PM

I think some of the motive behind working in references, old locales, even an old character from ABC soaps is fueled by residual ill-will between the GH showrunners and ABC's lawyers, whose lawsuit with Prospect Park over that OLTL/AMC fiasco is still pending. The lawyers forbade them from mentioning OLTL or AMC characters, so they bend themselves into knots to mention characters from The City, show old sets and mention events from Loving, visit Ryan's Bar and bring in a character from Ryan's Hope as a relative of a current GH character....it's more work than I can imagine anyone doing unless motivated by spite and/or childishness. Sort of like that "I'm not touching you!" game siblings play where they hold their finger within inches of their sibling after being told not to touch them. They told the writers to ignore two ABC soaps, so they pay inordinate attention to all the others.

How oh how to work in some stuff from Dark Shadows?? Maybe Kevin Collins will discover he's related to THAT Collins clan. Or Dr. O mentions her early residency at Ferncliffe, working for that brilliant Dr. Julia Hoffman. I mean, Dr. O's obsession with Faison pales in comparison to Julia's obsession with Barnabas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV