Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2015, 05:40 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,744,624 times

Advertisements

A colorful history that paper has had since 2012, indeed. It was the Port Charles Press when Todd Manning moved to town, bought it to be part of his Manning Enterprises, and renamed it the Sun (which was also the name of his paper in OLTL's Llanview). Then, when Todd had to disappear without a trace (or even a mention of his name), the paper went back to Port Charles Press and Derek Wells/Julian apparently bought the two publications that Todd owned in PC (that being the PCP/Sun and the long-forgotten Crimson). I have to say I was surprised the paper would plaster Julian's face on its cover, since it is HIS paper. I guess with Ava and now Julian in jail, Connie dead and Todd never to be heard from again, the paper is not exactly a priority these days. Maybe Julian could give it to Lucas to run. I mean, if Michael can run ELQ, Lucas ought to be able to publish a trashy tabloid. Then Lucas could appoint Maxie to resurrect Crimson and give her a job for the first time in over two years.

Back when Todd ran Llanview's Sun, the prop people did screamingly funny mock-up headlines when townsfolk were involved in scandals, so PCP seems to be attempting to follow that model...but PCP's mock-ups are not as sharp and witty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 08:48 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Is Fluke Patricia? That is what some are speculating. I am sick of all his murder orders--Kill Jordan, Kill Ric Lansing, Kill Michael Corinthos, Kill Julian, who's next? Good thing he sucks at finding mobsters who will actually kill people.

One thing that the writers overlooked is that the second that Michael and Bobby walked into that old house, Luke and Fluke would have heard every step they took. Those old houses telegraph noise like an echo chamber. Now, it looks like Michael is going to go down in that basement and find Luke, and it'll all be over.......oh wait,... never mind.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
I see the mob hits are still being planned--in prison. How many rumbles in the courtyard will occur before one guard shows up? And that ski cap on Sonny....

I thought Benard might be going on a long hiatus or something, but he's getting just as much air time as ever. So he'll be getting out of prison somehow.

Then there's Johnny Zaccara, released one day and already in possession of a pistol.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:32 PM

I must admit I don't like it when the long-term mystery story is solved at the last minute by revealing some never-before-mentioned information. Yes, they've apparently mentioned this Spencer sister before, but she has not been alluded to as a plot point in the Fluke story until now. I am more satisfied when the mystery can be solved using information we've been given from the beginning, and there isn't a last-minute deus ex machina. But then, Edge of Night, this is not.

Spoiler-ish tidbit in here:
Spoiler
Say ta-ta to Kiki, or at least to Kristen Alderson. She has decided not to renew her contract.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:07 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,659,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I see the mob hits are still being planned--in prison. How many rumbles in the courtyard will occur before one guard shows up? And that ski cap on Sonny....
Sonny and Julian going all WWF cage match on the prison punks was E.P.I.C.!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I must admit I don't like it when the long-term mystery story is solved at the last minute by revealing some never-before-mentioned information. Yes, they've apparently mentioned this Spencer sister before, but she has not been alluded to as a plot point in the Fluke story until now. I am more satisfied when the mystery can be solved using information we've been given from the beginning, and there isn't a last-minute deus ex machina. But then, Edge of Night, this is not.

Spoiler-ish tidbit in here:
Spoiler
Say ta-ta to Kiki, or at least to Kristen Alderson. She has decided not to renew her contract.
I saw that on soap opera digest or something. Good riddance to the dopey Fluke snorage, but I will miss Kiki.
Wow . . The Britch, Kiki, all the good ones are leaving. Why couldnt it be Luke or Nina?

Not relevant to anything, but the more they show Nathan and Maxie getting ummmm, familiar with each other, the more unnatural they look. The luvvy stuff looks very forced to me.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Sonny and Julian going all WWF cage match on the prison punks was E.P.I.C.!! lol

I saw that on soap opera digest or something. Good riddance to the dopey Fluke snorage, but I will miss Kiki.
Wow . . The Britch, Kiki, all the good ones are leaving. Why couldnt it be Luke or Nina?

Not relevant to anything, but the more they show Nathan and Maxie getting ummmm, familiar with each other, the more unnatural they look. The luvvy stuff looks very forced to me.
It's probably because the actor who plays Nathan is good friends with Brandon Barash, Kristens husband. I think it will get better as time goes on.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post

Wow . . The Britch, Kiki, all the good ones are leaving. Why couldnt it be Luke or Nina?...

...or Elizabeth

Old 01-11-2015, 11:44 AM

Maxie and Nathan are practically the only old-school romance storyline on the show. I must say I really like the whole dynamic with Maxie/Nathan and Dante/Lulu being friends.

I'm kind of hoping they will give Kiki a rest for a while, rather than an immediate recast. Michael can try his luck with Rosalie (whom I miss dearly, BTW) or even Sabrina. Morgan and Kiki could just decide to resume college and leave for a while, with or without baby Avery (depending on how/when Ava and/or Sonny gets out of the pokey).

Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
...or Elizabeth
Elizabeth has a huge fan base. She's not going anywhere unless she wants to leave.

They tried firing her a few years ago and the uproar was enough to stop them.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Elizabeth has a huge fan base. She's not going anywhere unless she wants to leave.

They tried firing her a few years ago and the uproar was enough to stop them.

I didn't suggest she was going anywhere, I simply added another one to someone else's "why couldn't it have been ___" list, because I can't stand that dame or her insipid storylines.

If they tried to fire her a few years ago, that tells me that at least a few among TPTB feel the same way. Or maybe it's the writers, up to here with having to crank out yet another "time to pass Elizabeth around Port Charles again" script.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV