Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 02:49 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times

Advertisements

The JASAM bus is coming. Elizabeth needs to get ready for it...

Run Lizzie, Run!

Britt can steal baby and she still got to keep her man. If the actress had not left the show, I am sure she still would be with Nic. Liz can be somewhat normal and they never keep her with anyone. Argh!

I'm begging the writers to give Liz a chance. If they don't want Lake, fine. Pair her with someone else. Have her have a breakdown, but reveal everything. don't start the whole JASAM/LIASON war again. Please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 02:51 PM

I loved the scene between Spencer and Courtney. I cried because it was so sweet when she was standing behind them. awww....

Old 05-05-2015, 04:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
I knew the soliloquy by Elizabeth of Assisi was coming. This latest scheme of hers to hook up with Jason--again--fits right in with her history. What's one more affair?

I liked the scene with Spencer and the "uncultured plebe" lol, and I'm happy he finally ditched the phantom mask.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Several things:

I like Ellie. Hope she stays.

I like Sam with Patrick. As when she was with Lucky, she is more of her own person. When she's with Jason, she is just another dumb mob moll.

Spencer needs to be shipped off to military school.

Who is this Spencer cousin -- Valerie?? -- and why is she portrayed by such bad acting?
I like Samtrick. I feel like Sam is more of an equal partner, maybe even a little dominant. I also liked her with Lucky.

I think Jake should be with Carly, and Liz should be with Nic. However, I am sure that will fall through.

I predict a very brief Lake partnering, then Jasam will reunite. Nic will be with Hayden for the short term, and Pat and Liz will be lonely losers.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,403 times
They seem to have a fetish for leaving Liz out in the cold. Some would say it's just honoring history to have her love life blow up every year or so. I think it's just lazy writing.

I think it's high time they changed some things around, because what's the point of having everything going back to the way it was? Have the guts to play something ELSE rather than just going back into the same relationships and interactions we saw ten/fifteen years ago. Have Sam CHOOSE Patrick over Jason, and have Jason regain some memories but behave more like Jason Quartermaine than Jason Morgan, even act kind of embarrassed about his time as Robo-Jason. Give the actors something new to play. They obviously enjoy the switch-ups, and I do too.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
and have Jason regain some memories but behave more like Jason Quartermaine than Jason Morgan.
That's what I have been saying. Have him be Jason Q (remember that jogging outfit??)It's too bad the only memories he has are brief hot flashes of sex with Sam. They need to put him around a Quartermain that is on the canvas a lot already. Clearly they won't drag out Monica for a scene of recognition. Would there be one? What about if he were around Tracy, and suddenly, but casually said something ending in, "Aunt Tracy." He'd wonder why he said it, she would, who knows. He and Sam aren't drawn together like the great true love they apparently were. Not the last bit sorry I missed that dark dull chunk of gh.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
They seem to have a fetish for leaving Liz out in the cold. Some would say it's just honoring history to have her love life blow up every year or so. I think it's just lazy writing.

I think it's high time they changed some things around, because what's the point of having everything going back to the way it was? Have the guts to play something ELSE rather than just going back into the same relationships and interactions we saw ten/fifteen years ago. Have Sam CHOOSE Patrick over Jason, and have Jason regain some memories but behave more like Jason Quartermaine than Jason Morgan, even act kind of embarrassed about his time as Robo-Jason. Give the actors something new to play. They obviously enjoy the switch-ups, and I do too.
Billy Miller is being wasted on this role. they have Jake/Jason floating around doing nothing. It's like they had no story until this reveal. Even now, it's more about Liz than Jake/Jason. I wouldn't be surprised if he bails after his contract is up. (I haven't heard any rumors or anything...just my opinion.)

I just knew the reveals would be a "reveal" without a reveal. This will be dragged out for months and months. Liz fans won't enjoy it, lake fans know it's doomed, Samtrick fans will be in the same boat and Jasam fans will be beyond upset. I just don't get who will enjoy this.

It seems like they are trying to go back in time. Mob war, Jason in the mob, Liz lying to get what she wants and then it blowing up in her face, S&C, etc....

Let's get something new GH.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:36 PM

...and we don't mean Franco/Nina! [/wretch]

Old 05-07-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
...and we don't mean Franco/Nina! [/wretch]
I know...right? Franco should have been a different character. He's just ugh. Where can they possibly take either character? They seem to be written in a way that it's impossible to give them a relevant story. Franco has been basically neutered. He's not a good guy or a villain. Nina is just crazy. Totally lame that they are reduced to stealing babies and blackmailing for a free room at the MC.

If they want to keep them, they should bring them back as new characters.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:32 AM

I think the odd plot point of Ned giving his shares of ELQ to Franco is an attempt to lay groundwork to put Franco in to the whole ELQ takeover plot, which is something being built up for later. The show has not been able to integrate those two characters into the rest of the cast, leading to MS and RH basically stuck on that one set talking to each other. Dr. O's obscure hint that Nina has "other secrets" that Nina may not even know about (what? that she snored while she was in the coma?) seemed to be another plot point being introduced now in order to be shown later.

But neither of those hints are helping them out at present. The two actors are what would be considered "major gets" as far as casting, but they are not earning their keep. The $$$ they are paid (which would have to be considerable) should have them doing a lot of heavy-lifting, plot-wise, and getting more screen time. Maura West is an example of how you utilize a big-name star in a new role--a major mover-shaker who causes ripples in half the show's stories.

The show, for instance missed the boat by locking the couple up in that MetroCourt suite, rather than forcing them out into PC to get real jobs and interact with other people. Dr. O would love to get Franco back to the hospital, and I'm sure Nina could find something interesting to do despite not having a (wait for it) stable work history.

One plot point they didn't fully explore--which would be fun to watch, IMO--is how the world had passed Nina by during her twenty-year coma. Seeing her embrace (or react against) all the changes the world has faced would be interesting. Pre-breakdown they had her wearing 1990s-looking clothes and using slang of that era, but it would be fun to see her reactions to cell-phone/texting zombies wandering around in their own world, and how pop-culture icons of the 1980s are now ready for AARP. She could function as a commentator on pop culture since it's all new to her. In her mind she's the age of Lulu/Maxie, but she's chronologically closer to Carly and Olivia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV