Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 08:14 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times

Advertisements

Back when SoapNet was in operation they had a Thanksgiving marathon called "Quartermania" (love that title) which featured a bunch of T-G episodes of the show. I remember being struck by how the Q mansion kept shrinking as the years went by, even as they kept the staircase. Sort of symbolic of how they kept shrinking the family...

Probably gone forever: the Hardy-Webber home, last seen as "Liz's house" that got blown up. That set had to have been around for most of the series' run, right? Her new place seems to be the "brownstone" that Morgan and Kiki were fixing up at one time (where Nina induced Ava's labor and stole Avery, etc.) with a kitchen area tacked on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 06:25 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Her new place seems to be the "brownstone" that Morgan and Kiki were fixing up at one time (where Nina induced Ava's labor and stole Avery, etc.) with a kitchen area tacked on.
Which is really just Mac's old house with the door rearranged.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Well it was only a matter of time before PC murderer and thug Sonny began haunting the houses of worship again. With GH and its chapel "closed," it's off to the nearest Catholic church to spar with priests and barter with God.

Yeesh.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Actually, he took it a step further. The gist of his 'conversation with God' was that he (Sonny) feels he has to clean up God's messes since he (Sonny) knows so much better about what ought to happen than God does. And without an ounce of irony.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:37 AM

894 posts, read 587,015 times
I have watched GH on and off for over 30 years. Right now, I'm most interested in just a few stories.

Want to know who Nelle really is. Like many viewers, I don't buy that she's just Joselyn's donor. I wonder if all the speculation online that Nelle may be Carly's long-lost daughter is true. That would be unfortunate since us long-time viewers vividly remember the story of Carly being Bobbie's long-lost daughter.

I don't care about the Valentin Cassadine storyline. I've seen more than enough Cassadine storylines over the years.

I'm very interested in the eventual revelation that Ava switched Morgan's meds which caused his downward spiral. When Carly and Sonny find out (which they will), Ava will be a dead woman walking.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Oh, yeah. Ava's a goner for sure when that gets out. Which proves once again what big hypocrites both Sonny and Carly are.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:52 PM

894 posts, read 587,015 times
^^^^^Although sometimes I like Sonny & Carly, I still admit sometimes I can't stand them. I especially can't stand how awful they were over the years to AJ and then Sonny killed him. Even I must admit that it's tiresome watching Sonny constantly getting away with stuff.

As for Ava, she deserves jail for what she did to Morgan. Sure Morgan was not the right guy for Kiki but switching his meds was just flat-out evil on Ava's part.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:22 PM

Yes, Ava's evil. But what's one more lol? We know Sonny's a thug (and everyone at PCPD knows he has a gun, but that's another story). Carly is something else, though. She sat right there cooing in Avery's ear not too long ago, listening to Sonny say he was going to take out her mother. And when Michael was shot at Sonny's warehouse, a distraught Carly gave kudos to Alexis outside of his hospital room for keeping Kristina safe and away from Sonny during her early years. And, of course, AJ....tell me she's not going to fall into bed again with Sonny while she's laying Morgan's death on everyone else.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:54 PM

I'm still on the fence about whether Carly will fall back into Sonny's bed because it's true to her character, or if it's being written because the higher-ups demand they always end up back together. But like you, I don't doubt she'll be back in his bed soon enough (likely by Feb Sweeps).

If Sonny can continue to walk around a free man, then I demand Ava also remain out of jail and causing havoc. At least she's fun to watch and can e-nun-ci-ate.

I was actually hoping Laura would sell Wyndemere/Spoon Island and use the money to partner with Tracy to buy GH. Oh, well...

It's quite a comment on the poor planning (or...NO planning) of the serial killer story that they felt the need to go back and ret-con Heather Webber (all-purpose plot device) as the one who attacked Bobbie and Lucas, since the attack had NO relation to Paul's motives and explanations for why he killed all the others. Plot hole alert!

I do not want Nelle to be Carly's secret kid--that would be "copycat" and would almost certainly suffer in comparison. My pet explanation is that she is an Eckert (thus a Spencer cousin), but since I'm not totally versed on how they relate to the Spencer family it might not be possible.

If Sonny really wanted to do himself in and go out in a blaze of glory, he should strap on an explosive vest, then go give Julian Jerome a big, bear hug so they can be blasted to bits together.

I'm hoping Valentin dumped Claudette on a chunk of ice in Hudson Bay and we never hear from her again. I wonder if he would kill her simply so he could "gift" Nina with a little girl she so desperately wants. I mean, she's sitting on this enormous real-estate fortune/inheritance, and I could see her contemplating signing the whole thing over to Valentin if he could promise to give Charlotte (or some other baby) to her.

Taking bets:
Will we ever see Lucas and/or Brad ever again? How do two out-of-work millennials take a five-month honeymoon?
Is Valentin actually Charlotte's father?
Is Valentin Nathan's father? (ooh...) Imagine Dr. O losing her cool when she sees him!
Will we ever see Paul Hornsby again? Will they actually put him on trial or anything else?
When GH re-opens, will we see a new, upgraded set that explains why they had to write this 'closure' story while the set designers worked on it?

Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 PM

Well, we would have been rid of Sonny at the bridge had it not been for his contract and Robin, who always manages to pop up in apparitions, dreams, or in person. What a PITA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV