Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 04:34 PM

894 posts, read 586,421 times

Advertisements

2 questions:

1) Why is Shaun still in prison if it's common knowledge that it was NOT his bullet that shot Nikolas (or whoever it was that Shaun was accused of shooting).

2) How did Jordan get selected to be commissioner? (At the time that she was given the job, I had taken a break from GH.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:55 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,740,616 times
I may be wrong, but I believe Sean was accused of shooting Hayden in the head (aiming for 'Jake Doe', I think) when in fact Nik had some unnamed goon shoot Hayden (at that exact time) on purpose. She went into that coma that was supposed to be the end of her character, but someone decided to wake her up and make her the pest that she became. Hayden did visit Sean in jail when she was collecting the blackmail material that she used to get Nik to marry her, and I'm 99% sure Sean knows he didn't really shoot her (his shot ended up buried in the wall of the garage where the incident occurred), but perhaps the show left him to rot in jail because he had done other "sketchy" stuff for Sonny. I do NOT think it is common knowledge to the cops and the public that he didn't shoot Hayden. Saying "Oh, I was sent there to kill Jake Doe but missed!" might not help his argument for release.

As for Jordan's ascension to the Police Commissioner job, that was Mayor Lomax being a jerk as usual. Her most recent choice, Kyle Sloane, had been a total disaster, and after Jordan had helped bust a gun-running ring that had been operating through Ava's gallery (against Ava's wishes), Jordan's cover as a DEA agent had been blown. Mayor Lomax was dead-set against re-hiring Anna Devane to be Commissioner, so she appointed Anna's friend/colleague Jordan for the gig, hoping it would cause Anna and Jordan to have a falling-out (it didn't).

Old 03-17-2017, 08:26 PM

^^^^Thanks for clearing that all up for me.

As for Mayor Lomax hiring Jordan, oh well, the joke's on her because Jordan is quite likely the worst commissioner Port Charles ever had.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 PM

Mayor Lomax is no prize, herself. [/laughs]

Not even an a$$-kicker like Anna Devane could be a true success in that job, due to the rules of modern soaps. Hoods, mobsters, and troublemakers are the 'stars' these days, and in order for them to remain the stars, the cops have to be incapable of arresting/convicting them. Sometimes they are depicted as too stupid to live, simply because the plotlines would end much too prematurely if the cops were good at their jobs. Jordan can't be allowed to be good at her job, as Anna and Mac before her couldn't be, either.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post

Not even an a$$-kicker like Anna Devane could be a true success in that job, due to the rules of modern soaps. Hoods, mobsters, and troublemakers are the 'stars' these days, and in order for them to remain the stars, the cops have to be incapable of arresting/convicting them. Sometimes they are depicted as too stupid to live, simply because the plotlines would end much too prematurely if the cops were good at their jobs. Jordan can't be allowed to be good at her job, as Anna and Mac before her couldn't be, either.
Yep, you're right. I've often seen law enforcement portrayed as morons on GH, Y&R, and Days Of Our Lives.

They have often been written to seem as bad at their jobs as Barney Fife was at his on The Andy Griffith Show (if not WORSE).

Old 03-23-2017, 06:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,810,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post

Lol they not only can't keep 'em locked up, they can't even charge them under NY's draconian S.A.F.E. Act. Of course, I'm talking about Sonny who, everyone knows, whips out his gun at funerals, in public...yet still has it. When these mob bosses ARE convicted, they're not behind bars for long. The latest ruse to get them out is "saving the life of the governor's daughter." Yup. That's why a character on DOOL was released from prison this week, too.

On the other hand, who would the hypocritical GH dames pine after if the hoods weren't there to people the scene? Carly can't get enough of Sonny--and neither can Sam, who's acted like he hung the moon even before she had his baby. Then there's her shark, Jason...too bad Sam's magnanimous understanding doesn't apply to her own father. Seriously, what's one more killer at the Thanksgiving table?

Old 03-23-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The latest ruse to get them out is "saving the life of the governor's daughter." Yup.
It's not a new "cheat," by any stretch. Grant Harrison of Another World shot and killed his brother, Ryan (a cop!) back in 1995 or 1996 and weaseled out of a life sentence by saving the Governor's daughter from a fire in the prison. He was practically as loathsome as Sonny, too.

It really does make me ill when they hint around that they're going to reunite Julian and Alexis. Julian, the character, has been sufficiently marginalized and can be written out quite easily, IMO. The fans who still seem to want them together need to understand that ANY plot that reunites them would destroy the character of Alexis at this point. As a character recently stated (I think it was Sam), Olivia J did not make Julian frame Alexis for Carlos's murder, or to plan to kill Alexis on the docks. That cannot be unseen.

Speaking of Carlos, Jeffrey Parise got an Emmy nomination in the Supporting Actor category this year! I know he tended to dine on the scenery at times, but I just love seeing new/different names on the Emmy nominations...rather than the same old, same old.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:55 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,548,472 times
Just curious, what ultimately became of Luke and Laura?

I personally grew up on Days of Our Lives, but remember all the hoopla around Luke and Laura when I was a kid.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:39 PM

A lot can happen in 35+ years.

Short version: they married, but they went through periods when one or the other was presumed dead. They would reunite, break up, reunite again, and leave town for years at a time. They ultimately decided that they were better off apart, so Luke left town a year or two ago, while Laura is living in PC.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:13 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,810,624 times
How convenient (and contrived)--Ned is legally changing his surname to "Quartermaine" just as Tracy is exiting. Which, of course, leaves Oblivia a Quartermaine just in time to supplant Tracy as [second] mistress of the manor.

Lol and does Monica really want Ned there, anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV