Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 02:37 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times

Advertisements

The large number of recurring players on GH, as well as contract players with very low guarantees makes it very easy to forget characters, or just assume they've been written out. Then when you least expect it, they pop up and have a day or maybe a few days of appearances--then disappear again. While having such a large cast of characters making fewer appearances is good for budgeting, it must be a nightmare for a new viewer who is trying to get up to speed and is constantly being confronted by "new" characters whose linkages to the show aren't addressed in dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Odd dialogue on yesterday's GH.

Carly to Sonny, on Jason not confiding in her by telling her that Sam was the shooter: It's times like this that I miss who the old Jason used to be.

Next scene, Sam to Jason, about what precipitated the shooting and why she felt that Sonny was a threat that she couldn't share with Jason: I always felt that the connection between us was so strong we could overcome anything, and this time it failed me. And I don't know why.

Okay.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:03 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Robert Palmer Watkins is so cute and adorable as Dillon, and I'll hate seeing him go. I really think this is a bad decision for GH!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Odd dialogue on yesterday's GH
The foreshadowing was coming at us like sheet metal in a hurricane.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
The foreshadowing was coming at us like sheet metal in a hurricane.

Lol, yup. They're not exactly subtle, either. Take today's episode, in which any and every opportunity was taken to tell us about Kiki's accelerated course of medical studies.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:13 AM

They will likely gloss over the fact that Kiki never finished college. She was supposedly attending Vassar when we first met her, though her main "job" seemed to have been facilitating Morgan's online gambling addiction (on Ava's behalf). She left college to join her mother (and Morgan) in Port Charles, and it went from there. No one said anything about Kiki finishing her degree at PCU or anything, which could easily have been remedied with a throwaway line about her needing "only a few courses" to get her degree, THEN have her start a pre-med program.

Maybe I'm being overly critical (I know...ME?? ), but why does she have to become a doctor, when becoming an RN would be just as good? Heck, with the nursing shortage we face these days, it would be a LOT easier for her to get into accelerated programs and to get a job afterwards.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
They will likely gloss over the fact that Kiki never finished college. She was supposedly attending Vassar when we first met her, though her main "job" seemed to have been facilitating Morgan's online gambling addiction (on Ava's behalf). She left college to join her mother (and Morgan) in Port Charles, and it went from there. No one said anything about Kiki finishing her degree at PCU or anything, which could easily have been remedied with a throwaway line about her needing "only a few courses" to get her degree, THEN have her start a pre-med program.

Maybe I'm being overly critical (I know...ME?? ), but why does she have to become a doctor, when becoming an RN would be just as good? Heck, with the nursing shortage we face these days, it would be a LOT easier for her to get into accelerated programs and to get a job afterwards.

No, that's my job lol.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:26 PM

894 posts, read 587,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Odd dialogue on yesterday's GH.

Carly to Sonny, on Jason not confiding in her by telling her that Sam was the shooter: It's times like this that I miss who the old Jason used to be.

Next scene, Sam to Jason, about what precipitated the shooting and why she felt that Sonny was a threat that she couldn't share with Jason: I always felt that the connection between us was so strong we could overcome anything, and this time it failed me. And I don't know why.

Okay.
I thought about that too. That to me sounds like they're trying to set the stage for Steve Burton's return.

We still don't know if he will be playing his old role as King Jason of Port Charles. But if he does, they can do a flashback to what Carly & Sam said and claim that they both suspected he (Billy Miller) wasn't the real Jason.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:29 PM

894 posts, read 587,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Robert Palmer Watkins is so cute and adorable as Dillon, and I'll hate seeing him go. I really think this is a bad decision for GH!
I wish he could simply do what Diane does: temporarily leave the show for other projects & then come back on an as-needed basis every few weeks or few months.

I'd rather that instead of them re-casting him.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:19 PM

I haven't heard of a recast; I just assumed Dillon was leaving Port Chuckles for some reason as they fired RP Watkins. I certainly HOPE they will keep Dillon around, even if it is a recast, since they've finally managed to get Dillon involved in a good story (the Kiki-Dillon pairing). But can they really justify firing him for budgetary reasons (the Second Coming of Jaysus), then hire someone else who would likely not earn much less than Watkins did? Watkins was a newcomer and likely did not command a very high salary.

Funny scene today: When Bobbie showed Carly a news story that implicated Nelle in a past crime, Carly refused to jump on it. She said she wasn't going to interfere in Michael's relationship with Nelle. Bobbie rightly asked "Who are you, and what have you done with my daughter Carly?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV