Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times

Advertisements

I love American Idol!! I did not see the first 2 seasons. I watched the 3rd. season with my daughter to make sure it was appropriate for her. I was addicted from the first show. I think some of it is fake until they get to the live singing. I even vote!! I do not have a favorite just yet, some were really scarry to look at. Thanks for starting this topic I will like to hear what everyone thinks especially when they narrow it down to the good singers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 06:47 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,527 times
DD and I watch American Idol, it's a guilty pleasure - but last night's show totally freaked me out! I wondered if the citizens of Seattle appreciated their town being represented by people who could have been patrons from the Star Wars bar.

Have to admit, Ryan Seacrest had me laughing last night. His dead-pan banter with these wanna-be pop stars is funny!

I thought this guy was pretty good:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/15006.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-18-2007, 08:01 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
My favorite was the brother and sister - they were so cute! and sang great.
Freakiest - hard to choose, but I'll go with the Taylor Hicks-wannabe that got chased out by security, for trying to touch Paula. *ew*

Old 01-18-2007, 08:19 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
--delete--

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-20-2007 at 09:00 PM..

Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,390,275 times
It's car crash TV. I really find some of the judges comments, especially regarding people's looks, unnecessarily cruel, and the show in itself at this stage I think is a bit too sadistic in the seeming pleasure that editors get from embarrassing some of these kids. I should emphasize the "SOME" part though as a good number of them need a reality check. Notably that girl "The Hotness" at the beginning of the Seattle episode who just had the most ridiculous attitude that reminded me of those old Jenny Jones episodes about "My Out of Control Teen!" where these trailer trash girls will shout at the audience "Shut up! You know you want it! You're just jealous!" She had issues.

I didn't see most of Minneapolis and missed a bit of the Seattle auditions, but so far, I'm not that impressed. No one has blown me away and I'm having trouble even remembering who all made it.

I'm always baffled by those who try out for the show who claim to have never seen it (yeah right, so you just waited ten hours in the rain for some sort of mystery competition that you've never heard of) or who hate the show.

I personally prefer the show when the talent is better and wish they'd devote more time to the good singers and speed up the audition process so we can get to the goods quicker.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I have watched every show since the first season. I know some of my friends who watch it specifically for the crazy people. Honestly, I am only about it for the talent, and I REALLY REALLY wish they would showcase more of the people who can actually sing then the people that should be wearing straight jackets with socks in their mouths.
I liked this one girl who had long curly dark hair, I think she sang "somewhere over the rainbow". But they really didn't show us many people who could sing. I can't wait until the auditions are over and they are narrowing it down.
Oh yeah, the "Over the Rainbow" girl was really good! I agree they should show more of the talented singers, though it is fun to watch the train-wrecks too. But after 2 weeks of that, I'm usually ready to hear the decent ones only!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:08 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I love American Idol!! I did not see the first 2 seasons. I watched the 3rd. season with my daughter to make sure it was appropriate for her. I was addicted from the first show. I think some of it is fake until they get to the live singing. I even vote!! I do not have a favorite just yet, some were really scarry to look at. Thanks for starting this topic I will like to hear what everyone thinks especially when they narrow it down to the good singers.
Vote?! LOL I must've voted 483 times for Chris last season (mmm, mmm, mmm, oh and he had a great voice) and about 215 times for Bucky (he was just so cute). I just kept calling and calling, I didn't realize you could vote more than once (which shouldn't be appropriate) but my friend told me you could and it became an addiction. My kids had a list going by the phone and we'd just update their numbers each week so we could speed dial. The year before I voted for Bo Bice (but I didn't know at the time you could call more than once...darn...besides, my kids liked Carrie so I had to be fair and call in a vote for her too).

My girlfriends and I call each other as soon as it's over (I mean we're so bad that the first couple of minutes we keep getting busy signals because we're calling each other). We don't even say "hi", we just start screaming about someone or laughing at someone else or yelling that we can't believe so and so got voted off. I cried my eyes out when Carrie won over Bo, my one friend and I cried when Chris got voted off (but that song "Had a Bad Day" makes it even sadder, you know), my daughters jumped around screaming when Carrie won, we're not very calm during AI in my home.

Yeah, we're lame.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Yeah, we're lame.
Same here! ...........Oh well!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,464 times
We're lame at my house too Pixie!! I cry when anyone goes home after they get to the final 10!! (Well except for Scott Savol).....The past couple nights have been a bit of a bummer...I think they are being too mean this year. Put them down for bad singing....ok...but not how they look....made me feel sick almost. Some of those people are clearly unstable......someone should have stopped them. But I know I'll keep watching.......I still haven't seen anyone "really good" yet. I like the brother and sister but they seem a bit "timid"....guess we will see.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
We're lame at my house too Pixie!! I cry when anyone goes home after they get to the final 10!! (Well except for Scott Savol).....The past couple nights have been a bit of a bummer...I think they are being too mean this year. Put them down for bad singing....ok...but not how they look....made me feel sick almost. Some of those people are clearly unstable......someone should have stopped them. But I know I'll keep watching.......I still haven't seen anyone "really good" yet. I like the brother and sister but they seem a bit "timid"....guess we will see.
I agree with you. So far this year, no one really blew me away. The past few years you always had a handful that you really liked and couldn't decide between, but nope, not this year...yet. I'll keep watching too, of course. And yes, they are being rather rude this year, even Randy, wow....BTW, Paula looks stoned all the time (just thought I'd let everyone know that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV