Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
Now you have me over here trying to think of what I'd put on my Top 10 GG Episodes list lol. Okay, I think I'd have to go with the one where Dorothy and Blanche go on a TV show, as a favor to Rose, and everyone thinks they're lesbians. That has to be on my list!
Oh that was a good one - remember when Dorothy asks the other women on stage why they aren't being called lesbians and she says "we don't believe in labels" I like the one where Rose is dating Dr.Newman and Blanche thinks she's playing a trick on her. Oh and the episode where Blanche is trying to write a book and she just goes crazy from not sleeping lol oh and what about the episode where Dorothy is dating Eddie and they all convince her to break it off with him and then Sophia jumps on him at the very end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM

620 posts, read 1,771,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Oh that was a good one - remember when Dorothy asks the other women on stage why they aren't being called lesbians and she says "we don't believe in labels" I like the one where Rose is dating Dr.Newman and Blanche thinks she's playing a trick on her. Oh and the episode where Blanche is trying to write a book and she just goes crazy from not sleeping lol oh and what about the episode where Dorothy is dating Eddie and they all convince her to break it off with him and then Sophia jumps on him at the very end

"We don't believe in labels." I loved that line.

It always cracks me up when Dorothy was talking about Dr. Newman's positive attitude and Blanche chimed in with, "And he's wearing the cutest little gray suit I think I've ever seen." That line's pretty much burned into my brain, for some reason lol.

Blanche was so funny when she was sleep deprived. She said something about egg yolks being little balls of sunshine in a bag. Okay, now you're making me want to watch a GG marathon now. LOL

Ugh, I can't recall the Eddie episode right now. Is that the one where he was saying there was just something about him that made him irresistible to women?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
Ugh, I can't recall the Eddie episode right now. Is that the one where he was saying there was just something about him that made him irresistible to women?
yeah that's the one. He was the weirdest looking little man but he was great in bed.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 PM

620 posts, read 1,771,819 times
Quote:
yeah that's the one. He was the weirdest looking little man but he was great in bed.
Oh, okay. It's all coming back to me now!

Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I like the one where Aunt Angela visits and tells the story of Pee Wee, the dead midget that got stuffed in her suitcase.

"I was on the boat and I heard this voice coming from the vicinity of my knees". LOL

Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I like the one where Aunt Angela visits and tells the story of Pee Wee, the dead midget that got stuffed in her suitcase.

"I was on the boat and I heard this voice coming from the vicinity of my knees". LOL
Lmao that was a good one. Almost all the episodes with Angela were good; do you remember the one where she and Sophia were telling the story of why they weren't speaking to each other?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Lmao that was a good one. Almost all the episodes with Angela were good; do you remember the one where she and Sophia were telling the story of why they weren't speaking to each other?
Oh yeah, it had something to do with a drunk guy hidden under a table.

The best part...
(Angela) "May your marinara sauce never cling to your pasta!"
(Sophia) "That's it! Come back here and say that to my face!"

LOL

Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Oh yeah, it had something to do with a drunk guy hidden under a table.

The best part...
(Angela) "May your marinara sauce never cling to your pasta!"
(Sophia) "That's it! Come back here and say that to my face!"

LOL
Yeah...the guy who threw up in their shoe and overheard the entire conversation.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I can't really think of a favorite episode, but one that stands out in my head as being very funny was one when they were having a hurricane. I think Stan was there and maybe a priest or some nuns or something. I don't remember since I haven't watched in a long time. I do have two favorite quotes, though. I went to Wiki and looked them up so I could get the wording exactly right. I only found the first one and transcribed the second from a youtube clip.

1)
Dorothy: Now look, all this nonsense has to stop, Rose. What we saw was not a UFO.Rose: Well, it wasn't a plane. Planes aren't that thin, or that bright.Dorothy: Neither is Oprah Winfrey, but that doesn't make her a flying saucer.2)

Rose: This one's from me, Dorothy. They're very popular back home. It took me a week to whittle it.
Dorothy: Oh, Rose.
Rose: Do you like it?
Dorothy: Like it? Oh, honey, I love it! Who wouldn't love a wooden broach in the shape of a turkey's (inaudible).
Rose: Oh, no! That's a maple syrup spigot.
Sophia: You know what she took back? A set of pearl earrings.
Dorothy: The ones I fell in love with at Jordan Marsh?
Sophia: Yep! Ho, ho, ho!
Dorothy: Oh, Ma. Who cares? Rose, I love it. This will come in a lot handier than those pearl earrings the next time I'm lost in the woods with a stack of pancakes.

Those two get funnier every time I hear them.
Dorothy: Like it

Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,032 times
when i was a kid i mwatched this show sometimes. it was pretty funny. i always liked the mom. i would never admit to my friends that i watched this show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV