Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,018 times

Advertisements

I am bumping up this thread, because I love this show. It is freaking hilarious. For a while, you could watch most of the episodes on YouTube, but now you have to watch them as chipmunks, if you want to watch them on YouTube. I agree, good television. Just really enjoy this show. Hilarious and love the writing. Funny stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 02:17 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,515 times
This is my favorite show! It makes me happy...I adore these women!

Some of my favorite eps are:

The one when they get shipwrecked: "Grandma Moses and the Mosettes"

The one when the girls visit St. Olaf because Rose won St. Olaf's Woman of the Year: "Heeeeey Ingriiiiiid!!!"

The one when Blanche's granddaughter visits and she keeps hooking up with those different guys

There are so many wonderful episodes...

Sorry, I'm a GG geek!

Old 10-26-2015, 05:38 PM

27 posts, read 28,899 times
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned it yet, but one of the best episodes was when Blanche's sister, Charmaine, come to Miami to promote a book she just wrote. Some of the gags were halarious:

Blanche: "I can't believe Charmaine even read a book much less wrote one!"

Blanche: "Charmaine, I cant believe we are actually getting along!"
Charmaine: "I know its amazing!"
Blanche: "You just seem so vivacious, so fun, so nice - boy you've really changed"

(Blanche discovers the book is about her sex life):

Blanche: "How DARE you use my life for your book..twisted facts; so that so much innocent love became cheap tawdry trash - I EARNED THAT A IN HISTORY!!"

Dorothy: "Boy, Blanche is handling this pretty well; I'd kill Gloria if she ever wrote about my sexual escapades"
Sophia: "You'd kill your sister over a pamphlet?"

hihihihihi

Old 10-26-2015, 05:55 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,952 times
I liked the episode when Dorothy and Blanche sang at the Rusty Anchor. Classic!

Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
My favorite ep is "Mrs. George Deveraux," when Blanche's husband supposedly comes back from the grave and Sonny Bono and Lyle Wagner are fighting over Dorothy. My favorite line is when Sophia says that there's something about Lyle Wagner "that just hucks me off." That said, it isn't the funniest ep but, IMHO, it's the most touching.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:48 PM

27 posts, read 28,899 times
OMG wwhat about when Rose inherits a pig! "Baby" is unwelcome until the girls learn that he comes with a big inheritance once he kicks the bucket. He is also very old and very sick...

Blanche: "Rose! Baby is terrible!"
Rose: "Why what did he do?"
Blanche: "It's everything! He tears up my clothes, he smells up the whole house...and he likes to watch me take a shower!"
Sophia : "He's a pig there's no accounting for taste!"

Sophia: "You disgust me, Dorothy. Degrading yourself by living with a filthy pig for what - a few dollars? Pathetic."
Dorothy "We'll cut you in"
Sophia: "Make it half"

Rose: "Girls! Baby is sick! Ive taken his temperature and Im really worried - although I dont know the right temp for a pig"
Sophia: "I know a ham turns out well at 240"
(ROSE LOOKS DEVASTATED)
Sophia: "Oh sorry Rose..I'm um...delirious with grief!"

Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,742,664 times
Quote:
My favorite ep is "Mrs. George Deveraux," when Blanche's husband supposedly comes back from the grave
I've always wondered what Blanche was like when she and George were married. She is written as if she's just on fyyyahh every time a half-decent looking guy is around, and of course the tales of her pre-George years are hilariously ribald. And yet back-story has always led us to believe she was totally devoted to George. They must have been married for 20+ years, given the ages of her visiting children. Meeting a less-hot-to-trot Blanche must have been....different.

"September?"
"I'm surprised you could walk in October...."

Old 10-27-2015, 02:14 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I've always wondered what Blanche was like when she and George were married. She is written as if she's just on fyyyahh every time a half-decent looking guy is around, and of course the tales of her pre-George years are hilariously ribald. And yet back-story has always led us to believe she was totally devoted to George. They must have been married for 20+ years, given the ages of her visiting children. Meeting a less-hot-to-trot Blanche must have been....different.

"September?"
"I'm surprised you could walk in October...."

Yay!! Someone bumped the Golden Girl thread!!!

I always got the impression that she loved George so much that she couldn't settle down with another man, so she went back to her wild ways. I could definitely see that. I used to be like Blanche and enjoyed the "company of men," but when I was in love I was totally devoted to that person.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:28 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
Golden Girls is another prime example of excellent scripts and acting!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:44 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,742,664 times
And October 28th is creator/writer/producer/all-around genius Susan Harris's 75th birthday. Without her, none of this would have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV