Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,112 times

Advertisements

I was sad to learn of Estelle Getty's passing. I grew up in the 80's and loved the show. Still enjoy reruns when they are on tv. I was also saddened when I heard a while back she was suffereing from a form of Dementia. God bless her and my thoughts go out to her friends and family. She was a great talent and will certainly remember her for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I was sad to learn of Estelle Getty's passing. I grew up in the 80's and loved the show. Still enjoy reruns when they are on tv. I was also saddened when I heard a while back she was suffereing from a form of Dementia. God bless her and my thoughts go out to her friends and family. She was a great talent and will certainly remember her for a long time.
This was sad, but like you said she will be remembered and loved by us for a long time!! She won't go unforgotten, EVER!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM

48 posts, read 168,092 times
Golden Girls is definitely my favorite TV show of all time. Love the quick wit from my fave Dorothy. Bea Arthur RULES! LOL "Shady Pines Ma!!" LOL

Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM

145 posts, read 435,416 times
I was watching some reruns one morning and I saw Sophie, Rose & Blanche in a hotel...has anyone ever seen this before? Dorothy wasn't there either they just mentioned her in passing a few times

Old 08-13-2008, 01:14 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
I was watching some reruns one morning and I saw Sophie, Rose & Blanche in a hotel...has anyone ever seen this before? Dorothy wasn't there either they just mentioned her in passing a few times
That is "The Golden Palace" the show the three of them had after The Golden Girls ended. It didn't last very long.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:09 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
That is "The Golden Palace" the show the three of them had after The Golden Girls ended. It didn't last very long.
You're right on both counts. That was "The Golden Palace" and it lasted 26 episodes. It wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't right. Without Dorothy, they couldn't go anywhere. She was a BIG part of the show.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times
I liked The Golden Palace, and really if all the original characters were going to come back they would have just let The Golden Girls run another season. The Golden Palace was intended to be a bit different.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Dorothy did show up on at least one episode.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
You're right on both counts. That was "The Golden Palace" and it lasted 26 episodes. It wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't right. Without Dorothy, they couldn't go anywhere. She was a BIG part of the show.
Yeah, I think she had moved to Atlanta after she married Uncle Lucas. That was one my fave episodes, when she was saying good-bye and she kept running in from different doors to say good-bye again and then when she finally left they were all standing there waiting for her to come back.

The Golden Palace was okay, I think the writers weren't as good because the jokes were more in your face then subtle like the Golden Girls. The only episodes I really disliked were the ones where Stan fakes his death and the one where Miles got married at the hotel.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:46 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Golden Girls Outdistance Michael Phelps - E! Online

"Mark Spitz has been vanquished. But not so Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia.

Michael Phelps' Spitz-sinking swim on Saturday elevated NBC to its best ratings on the once-mighty, now-dead night in about a generation.

Still, the golden boy of the Beijing Games couldn't topple The Golden Girls, which held on to its title as NBC's most-watched Saturday-night show of the last 18 years..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV