Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

I'd rather watch TV with the power cord unplugged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,259 times
The Entertainer gets on my nerves. I can't believe that he's so in love and he and Destiney only were together for like 2 or 3 days. You would think, by the way he talks, that they had known each other for a lifetime. That's desperation for you...but then again, that's why they were on their respective shows.

Speaking of which, New York Goes to Hollywood premieres tomorrow night...I could only wonder what she's going to do this go around!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
They shoudl really go zany and have these cast members go against the people who do the Real World/Road Rules cast. Pure craziness I could imagine.
Holy crap, could you imagine say, New York or Bootz going up against someone like Veronica or Tina or Aneesa from MTV? That'd be crazy!!! While we're at it, let's add some other characters like Evel Dick or Janelle from Big Brother and Mirna and Charla from The Amazing Race!

I have no life...I watch too much reality TV, but I've had time on my side for the past few months...hey, it's my life...and it's now or never....cuz I ain't gonna live forever

Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 AM

146 posts, read 224,202 times
i know this is off topic but did u see when 12 pack smack the hell outta toastee? I was like dayyyyyummmmm

Old 08-04-2008, 10:24 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I know right? He hit her like a professional wife beater!!

I think Real has got to be one of the dumbest LOL! He was shocked when he realized that he might have made a mistake in putting himself up for elmination. It never crossed his mind that Toastee might want to send home a strong player, not a weak one of a dumb one or one he hated (or one who was sleeping with someone he hated)

Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM

You know he's probably used to hitting women like that, and Toastee's probably used to taking it, so no worries for either of them, LOL!

And Real's volunteerism without thinking out the process is just a reflection of the intelligence levels of many of the people on the show. Funny they are, but common sense-wise, some of them aren't quite up there. It'd be funny if Megan really won...she's quite confident in herself right now!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:58 PM

7,913 posts, read 932,573 times
who got sent home?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 109* View Post
who got sent home?
Destiny wonder who the Entertainer will attach himself to now

Old 08-05-2008, 05:34 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,077,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
I absolutely hate Mini-Me, his misogonistic comments about women, and the totally BIGOT REMARK (calling her "SnowFlake") that was totally uncalled for. What if she would have retorted with "short-ni**er"? I think many missed this prejudiced remark. I was blown away by his ignorance & just chalked it up to his drunkeness lack of manners & hometraining! Putrid little bast*rd! I'm glad he was sent packing. Why is it okay for a black person to use racist & derogatory name-callling? yet, if a white person would have made a nasty name to a black player, all sorts of hell would have broke out!
This is way off topic, so warning to please just move on if you want to keep it light--I dont blame you. But I just wanted to respond to this post..I hope you dont mind. I'll start out by saying I'm white so you know where I'm coming from. But I just think it has a different meaning calling someone "snowflake" than the N word. I love history and have been reading these slave accounts online lately trying to educate myself on the daily lives of slaves and how they were really actually treated on an everyday basis. So reading personal accounts of someone standing in a pool of their own blood while the whippings just keep on coming til the person collapses--or being told the person can come down to the street as the warning that they're kids and/or wife are being sold away never to be seen again, with the kid shouting "daddy help" as the boy is taken away in chains--or the one about the 13 year old girl getting raped by the owner of the plantation and then the wife finding her husband molesting his young slave and getting jealous and locking the 13 year old up in a meat house (or something) for 2 weeks while she gets mercilessly whipped and starved. Then dont forget about Jim Crow laws, which were around not just a few decades ago (so do not respond about how slavery ended 150 years ago so why is it still significant), when it was no problem for a white person to get away with hanging a man from a tree for his family to find. These horrors that surround the N word when used by white people (IMO black people had no choice but to turn that word into their own and can use it amongst themselves in a totally different context) do not surround the word "snowflake" or "cracker" (which I heard actually means a whip cracker, not sure if that's true). Personally I would laugh if someone called me a cracker (though probably not anymore after I heard the possible origination of that word) than get offended as it really conjures up little for me, as would "snowflake" -- especially if he was referring to one of the many bleached blond women on the show. She could've come back with shorty or fatty. Rude words that make fun of appearance. Please forgive my rant friends .

Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,077,439 times
Well I was just laughing my ass off watching the show last night (on my DVR). I was crying with laughter during the crying challenge, I actually "produced" a tear! OMG, that was too funny with that older lady whining about how she missed her son to try to cry.

For some reason I find Entertainer hysterical too. I think they play up that whole living in the parents basement shtick as part of his wacky character. I would THINK (but could be totally wrong) that he at least made some money DJing or something after he got off the I Love New York show. I would hope so at any rate. But I think he really truly liked Destiney and he wont hit on anyone else. We shall see if I'm totally wrong about him. Actually I hope Entertainer wins the money. He just makes me laugh and I'm pissed that they got away with sending Destiney home.

I find Hoopz really annoying, she's like a dude. So controlled and in it to win, without any wacky zany twist like the others. She's just too normal for me to like in this show, where everyone is so crazy and funny. Even the sleazy girls like Megan (I think? the tall blond that never wears anything but a skimpy bikini-ever) or the runner up from the Rock of Love--oh I pray she doesn't win as I cant stand her, but she's funny too.

I hope White Boy goes next. He's far too cocky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV