U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM

25,100 posts, read 23,621,261 times
Default William Petersen's run on 'CSI' coming to end

William Petersen is leaving "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," a move that might have fans of his brainy crimebuster Gil Grissom screaming bloody murder.

Moderator cut: copyright protected image and article segment removed

William Petersen's run on 'CSI' coming to end - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/16/petersen.csi.ap/index.html - broken link)

Last edited by christina0001; 07-17-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: copyright protected image and article segment removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 4,410,088 times
Like many before him, he probably feels he is straight-jacketed by the role and wants to spread his acting wings to other venues. Sadly, usually when an actor does this, he or she ends up disappearing altogether. The grass is seldom greener.

I went to high school (Tustin Union High School in So California) with CSI's doctor...Robert David Hall. He was Dave Hall back then...a nicer guy you would never have known!

Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 PM

12,947 posts, read 7,422,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Like many before him, he probably feels he is straight-jacketed by the role and wants to spread his acting wings to other venues. Sadly, usually when an actor does this, he or she ends up disappearing altogether. The grass is seldom greener.

I went to high school (Tustin Union High School in So California) with CSI's doctor...Robert David Hall. He was Dave Hall back then...a nicer guy you would never have known!
I think Wm Petersen will get along just fine now. He loves to do plays. I wish him all the best and thank him for making Thursday night "must see tv"! My husband and I will sure miss him.

That's so cool about going to school with the doc, esselcue! So he's as nice as his face portrays him to be, huhn? That's so nice to hear!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM

Tonight's Grissom's last episode! Farewell and thank you, William Petersen. You will be missed.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 PM

4,910 posts, read 7,238,423 times
Good episode! I will miss him too!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:05 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,495,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Tonight's Grissom's last episode! Farewell and thank you, William Petersen. You will be missed.
I agree...it will be very hard to watch the show now that he's gone.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM

I loved the ending! Of course I was crying up until they showed Sara and then I was clapping! I gave it a standing ovation. I was very happy and very satisfied with the ending. If I never watched CSI ever again I would be pleased and happy to have watched for 8 years. Well done and bon voyage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV