Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 PM

181 posts, read 629,736 times

Advertisements

I had heard that this was the shows last season. I saw that Noah Wylie would be back and their would be some surprises. I wish they would bring some of the orignal cast back.What do you think the chance George would return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,057,015 times
I know I'm a little late, but I just saw a commercial over the weekend about how this was going to be the last season. Its insane, I cant believe its ending. How long has this show been on? Like 12 years? I watched it at one point. I would like to be able to watch this last season even though I havent watched it in years.. but I think its on at the same time as Lost...

Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 PM

50,014 posts, read 63,359,544 times
Too bad they ruined it in the past few years. I even loved the theme song, but they ruined that too. It was so great when it first started...when Carter was a new doctor and George Clooney and that nurse were having a hot romance. But now no one really cares about the charactors.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:21 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,529,100 times
It would be really nice if George Clooney came back for the end. It seems like stars that go on and do well should remember how they started and where people first saw them a lot. Who was the doctor that had no hair , did he have a brain tumor or something.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,662,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
It would be really nice if George Clooney came back for the end. It seems like stars that go on and do well should remember how they started and where people first saw them a lot. Who was the doctor that had no hair , did he have a brain tumor or something.
That was Dr. Greene. I've watched this show since the beginning, through the cast changes and all. I'll miss it!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,026,361 times
I stopped watching regularly when they killed off Kelly Martin's character. It was so brutal (IMO) that I had to stop watching for quite a while. Now, I watch occasionally...it's still a good show.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,104,541 times
I didn't see any posts about last night's season premiere so I'll add to this thread. I've watched the show from the beginning. Tried to give it up one year and I couldn't. No one else I know watches anymore so I thought I'd come here.
Your thoughts on Dr. Pratt? He was never a "favorite" of mine, but I have to admit - I cried It was so sad and well done. I knew someone was supposed to die, but they had me fooled for a while there.

The commercials show a return of Dr Carter. There will be a flashback with Dr. Greene and it seems that Abby will be leaving from the preview last night.

It's hard to believe that George Clooney got his big break on ER so long ago.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:27 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,662,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
I didn't see any posts about last night's season premiere so I'll add to this thread. I've watched the show from the beginning. Tried to give it up one year and I couldn't. No one else I know watches anymore so I thought I'd come here.
Your thoughts on Dr. Pratt? He was never a "favorite" of mine, but I have to admit - I cried It was so sad and well done. I knew someone was supposed to die, but they had me fooled for a while there.

The commercials show a return of Dr Carter. There will be a flashback with Dr. Greene and it seems that Abby will be leaving from the preview last night.

It's hard to believe that George Clooney got his big break on ER so long ago.
I've been watching ER since the beginning too! There was one season several years ago where I missed maybe half the episodes, but other than that I've been a faithful fan.

I cried too when Pratt died. Especially when Morris gave Pratt's girlfriend the engagement ring... So sad. Oh, and what's the deal with the Australian doctor (I think his name is Brenner). I have a really hard time understanding him and Neela. Hooray for DVR! I can usually figure it out after rewinding a few times. Can't wait to see some of the old cast members. Too bad Clooney probably won't make an appearance. IMO, the show was the best when he was on...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,057,015 times
I watched the first half last night.. but then I fell asleep. I hadnt watched this show in a few years. I know the cast members, but not the characters they play, if that makes sense. I think I remember Pratt from when he was first cast.. figured he'd be the one to die. Though at this point it doesnt really matter who they kill off, since its ending anyway.

Where's Kovac? Is he gone?

Quote:
Oh, and what's the deal with the Australian doctor
Oh is that where he's supposed to be from? I thought I recognized the accent (which I LOVE).

Old 09-26-2008, 05:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,104,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I've been watching ER since the beginning too! There was one season several years ago where I missed maybe half the episodes, but other than that I've been a faithful fan.

I cried too when Pratt died. Especially when Morris gave Pratt's girlfriend the engagement ring... So sad. Oh, and what's the deal with the Australian doctor (I think his name is Brenner). I have a really hard time understanding him and Neela. Hooray for DVR! I can usually figure it out after rewinding a few times. Can't wait to see some of the old cast members. Too bad Clooney probably won't make an appearance. IMO, the show was the best when he was on...
lovemaine, LOL -- see I knew we had things in common! If you figure out what was going on between Neela and the playboy let ME know. They had a little tryst and then she was all *****ed off @him.
the part when Morris gave Bettina the ring!
I agree, I thought the Clooney years were some of the best. That would really be something if they could convince him to do a guest shot. I really liked Luka and haven't been as into it since he's been (mostly) gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV