Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 AM

305 posts, read 798,259 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been tuning into As the World Turns lately? Last week was so great! (I just caught up with my DVR this past weekend! ) That helicopter was so intense. I can't believe they actually used a real one for the scene. I was a bit surprised since I have never seen that on daytime before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM

303 posts, read 1,385,987 times
I watch it from time to time. Actually several CBS soaps (Young and the Restless, B&B, ATWT and Guiding Light). I know it seems like alot but I work in an office M-F with a big screen!

I thought the poisioning storyline was kind of odd. I feel bad for Lily. Why do all the Oakland men want Carly? Jeez. Now Lily is throwing herself at Mike out of desperation. I would like to see Allison with Aaron. We'll see.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM

305 posts, read 798,259 times
shihtzumom -- I hear ya! I feel like I have been glued to the t.v. screen lately! I really want Allison and Aaron to get together, but man who knows! This poisoning storyline keeps amazing me everyday! It completely keeps me entertaining and hooked. I agree, anytime I watch I completely feel awful for Lily too. She needs to stay away from Mike and just focus on herself right now! Can't wait till tomorrow! :-)

Old 08-19-2008, 07:40 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
it's about time someone started a thread about my favorite soap (my only soap lol). I actually started watching it last year after skipping soaps for like 20 years because a close family friend had a role on it which started last summer (Sofie Duran). Well, now she's gone.....and we're hooked lol. We told Justine (Sofie) if she goes to work on another soap we'll kill her for getting us addicted to soap operas since we have no time for such things!

Well, I'm hoplessly addicted now. I just can't believe how quickly the storylines go by....I don't remember soap opera's moving this fast!

I hope they keep the liberty & Janet characters on the show. I love Janet and Jack together!

Wish Paul and Meg could have one day of happiness.

I think I'm in love with Chris Hughes lol

I'm sick of Holden, he's such a brat!

I just finished watching my TIVO of Todays episode.....someone give Paul a break today! lol

Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Default World's Strictest Parents (CMT)

I love this show. They aired a few episodes on MTV and I was hooked. Too bad I don't have CMT so i've been watching them online. Anyone else watch it?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
Yes, I like this show, they be taming those wild kids. I forgot when it airs though.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Yes, I like this show, they be taming those wild kids. I forgot when it airs though.
It's pretty cool when the kids actually turn their attitudes around. It was pathetic when that one kid decided to leave instead of stick it out and actually learn something. It was with the family in Nevada. I just finished watching all the episodes online.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:36 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
It's pretty cool when the kids actually turn their attitudes around. It was pathetic when that one kid decided to leave instead of stick it out and actually learn something. It was with the family in Nevada. I just finished watching all the episodes online.
It is cool because the change is so rapid. Oh yeah that Nevada episode, I thought the girl would sooner leave than the boy because she was constantly arguing with the father. If I was him I would have stayed just to get payed.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
You can watch full episodes on CMT.com. Just Google world's strictest parents cmt. I have watched about six episodes and I am hooked too. It is interesting to see how these bratty teens turn into somewhat good kids by the end of the five days. I was glad to see the jerk from Michigan leave the Nevada family. These episodes make me glad I don't have kids.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 PM

One of the most intense episodes was with that dad who was very confrontational and was always getting in the faces of the teens. He was actually kind of scary but in the end it seemed like the teens learned from the experience.

I do think he crossed the line when he starting talking about the teen girl's family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV