Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,015 times

Advertisements

Dang I missed this. When will they show the rerun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Not sure, but keep an eye out here, http://www.fox.com/house/full-episodes/ (It's not up yet, but I'm sure it will be soon).

Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
definitely a setup episode - which isn't a bad thing

the patient was 100% there for comic relief and to provide breaks in the drama .... through him they emphasized a new character (cuddys assistant) and helped keep things light as house & cuddy were dealing with their romance and the assistants were dealing with their futures

another big aspect of the show is that it moved away from the hospital ....... sure there were some bumps along the way, but really not any more than usual and despite house and cuddy giving zero useful input they solved a patient issue and an administrative issue and life went on

not sure if I'm going to like this direction, but i'm willing to give the writers a chance .... they've done so well with the characters that if they stay true to them it could be really good ..... or it could get sappy, dull and unbelievable really fast

Old 09-24-2010, 03:59 PM

414 posts, read 1,009,849 times
I actually really liked this episode. I wasn't able to watch the middle part of the season 6 finale (REALLY disappointed about that) but I like the direction this has taken.

House and Cuddy have been dancing around this for a long time...and I really liked the way the show ended with the two of them...both admitting they were in love, though Cuddy did that at the end of season 6. I'm curious to see how this works out...

I also think the patient (or Dr. rather) was there for comic relief and to introduce a new character. I think Cameron is gone for good and agree it was time to remove her from the opening credits, though I liked her character and the different perspective she brought to the team in the earlier seasons. I'm indifferent about 13. She annoyed me at first but then at times I'd like her, but I don't think she is gone for good by any means.

Looking forward to next week!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:21 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I for one am glad to see 13 go. I wanted her to go 2 seasons ago. I kinda got burnt out over the House/Cuddy thing last season. I will say though if it brings some happiness to House, I am all for it, b/c he was starting to spiral out of control and I hated seeing that, .
I find it hard to believe that House and Cuddy will last the season. She may love him, and he MAY be the most incredible man she's ever known, but come on...is he RELATIONSHIP material? Is he going to be able to give her the things she needs to feel content and fulfilled in a relationship? I doubt it. I'm not a big believer that "love conquers all." I say compatibility is king, and there's nothing compatible about House...for anyone.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,015 times
. . . but he is awfully handsome!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:45 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
I started watching the series finally after several adamant recommendations to watch it, I love it. Just finished watching the first season. Yeah, I don't like Chase, he's good looking but, ugh.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:26 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
It was really easy for me to miss episodes last season and feel like I didn't miss anything. That isn't a good sign.
My sentiments exactly. I am afraid the show has jumped the shark for me. I watched the first ep this season and just couldn't get into it like I used to.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:24 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I started watching the series finally after several adamant recommendations to watch it, I love it. Just finished watching the first season. Yeah, I don't like Chase, he's good looking but, ugh.
I'm kind of glad to hear that. I used to lurk at Fox's House boards, because I didn't want to register, and they all just seemed to be in love with Chase. To the point of "Why wasn't there more Chase in this one" was like their "go to" phrase it seemed. It was weird/annoying.

That being said the Chase of season 1 is much less likable, and less fleshed out, than he'd become later. At that point I think he was like a brown-nosing self-serving preppy with a bit of an attitude about Americans. Over time his character evolved to have a lot more positive or at least complicated qualities. I still think he's not as great as the people at Fox's official House boards think, but he's more sympathetic now and is mostly okay.

I still like the House series okay and all things considered I think it's maintained its quality better than many medical dramas do. Still I might agree that it's either said all it really needs to say or feels like it's nearing some kind of endgame. Although I think they are trying to do more with ethical dilemmas and clinic patients again.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:17 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm kind of glad to hear that. I used to lurk at Fox's House boards, because I didn't want to register, and they all just seemed to be in love with Chase. To the point of "Why wasn't there more Chase in this one" was like their "go to" phrase it seemed. It was weird/annoying.

That being said the Chase of season 1 is much less likable, and less fleshed out, than he'd become later. At that point I think he was like a brown-nosing self-serving preppy with a bit of an attitude about Americans. Over time his character evolved to have a lot more positive or at least complicated qualities. I still think he's not as great as the people at Fox's official House boards think, but he's more sympathetic now and is mostly okay.

I still like the House series okay and all things considered I think it's maintained its quality better than many medical dramas do. Still I might agree that it's either said all it really needs to say or feels like it's nearing some kind of endgame. Although I think they are trying to do more with ethical dilemmas and clinic patients again.
I couldn't help myself and read the synopses of the proceeding seasons and um, I kind of wish House's underlings changed more often, or had more. Still from what I read of Chase, eh, I did read House firing him at one point which brought a smile to my face. I don't think I could come around to liking Chase, we'll see.

I did read that the creator of the series are often in contention with the network/producer about the story lines. I think the writers need to re-watch the series to get new ideas, I sure did, I could be on the writing team, lol, bring new ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV