Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times

Advertisements

I wanted so bad for this season to kick ass but, ugh, silly staff and their silly laziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:42 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I wanted so bad for this season to kick ass but, ugh, silly staff and their silly laziness.
I feel like the dynamics has been lost. I don't like the 2 new doctors. The rich girl and the asian girl. They should have brought Chase, Taub and Masters.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
I don't watch this show that often, and as a result I need a subplot explained.

I've been watching last night (and last week) and there seems to be a running gag that House doesn't think some guy who clearly loves a baby is the father of the child. What's the story here?

I can't fathom why someone's employer would get involved in your personal life to that degree and if someone tried to run a DNA test on my child without my permission I'd have a hard deciding if I should turn him into HR and kicking him in the balls first.

Yes, yes I know it's just a tv show andnobody acts like that in real life and House is supposed to be controversial... but this particular story it's turning me off. Is there's some explanation? I want to like this show, but this plot is annoying to the point that I may not bother with it again.

Last edited by Caladium; 11-15-2011 at 10:24 AM..

Old 11-15-2011, 10:54 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
I have not watched the show this season and a lot of last season.

What happened to Cuddy? I guess she and House did not get married. Where did she go?

Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I have not watched the show this season and a lot of last season.

What happened to Cuddy? I guess she and House did not get married. Where did she go?
You need to watch! I'm still a fan, although previous posters have made some valid points.

Briefly: Season finale last year, House drove his car through Cuddy's house. She pressed charges, and in this season's first two episodes House was in jail. He is now on parole, back at work at the hospital, under the supervision of Foreman.

The show is missing a few characters. Here's why:

Bottom line:

1.) Fox has an expensive payroll -- a lot of series programming, and a lot of competition.

2). Fox asked Lisa Edelstein (who played Cuddy) to take a salary reduction. She told them to take a hike. She is no longer on the show. If they've offered an explanation for her departure on the show, I have missed it. Very vague. Foreman is now Chief of Medicine.

3). As many of you know, Olivia Wilde's (13) movie career took off in a big way, so she is no longer on the series as well. Her last episode was a few weeks ago; she going to travel the world with her new girlfriend while she is still healthy enough to do so.

4). They've kept Taub and Chase out till mid-season also for financial reasons. Actors are paid per episode, so the fewer appearances they make, the less they have to pay them. The reason given on the show was that since House was in jail, his team was disbanded. Chase and Taub couldn't return until House raised enough money to refund his department.

5). They've introduce new characters because the new actors are cheaper. Sad to see TV imitating corporate America.

I think the writers have done the best they can given the situation foisted upon them. I still enjoy the series --it's still witty and acerbic -- but I miss the old ensemble cast very much.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I don't watch this show that often, and as a result I need a subplot explained.

I've been watching last night (and last week) and there seems to be a running gag that House doesn't think some guy who clearly loves a baby is the father of the child. What's the story here?

I can't fathom why someone's employer would get involved in your personal life to that degree and if someone tried to run a DNA test on my child without my permission I'd have a hard deciding if I should turn him into HR and kicking him in the balls first.

Yes, yes I know it's just a tv show andnobody acts like that in real life and House is supposed to be controversial... but this particular story it's turning me off. Is there's some explanation? I want to like this show, but this plot is annoying to the point that I may not bother with it again.
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I believe it has to do with House not believing that one of Taub's kids is not his (from his ex-wife). Last season, Taub separated from his wife but was secretly seeing her still, he also had a relationship with a nurse, they both ended up pregnant at the same time.

Yes, House had always been like that, prying into people's personal lives and trying to 'fix' it, all the way from season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
You need to watch! I'm still a fan, although previous posters have made some valid points.

Briefly: Season finale last year, House drove his car through Cuddy's house. She pressed charges, and in this season's first two episodes House was in jail. He is now on parole, back at work at the hospital, under the supervision of Foreman.

The show is missing a few characters. Here's why:

Bottom line:

1.) Fox has an expensive payroll -- a lot of series programming, and a lot of competition.

2). Fox asked Lisa Edelstein (who played Cuddy) to take a salary reduction. She told them to take a hike. She is no longer on the show. If they've offered an explanation for her departure on the show, I have missed it. Very vague. Foreman is now Chief of Medicine.

3). As many of you know, Olivia Wilde's (13) movie career took off in a big way, so she is no longer on the series as well. Her last episode was a few weeks ago; she going to travel the world with her new girlfriend while she is still healthy enough to do so.

4). They've kept Taub and Chase out till mid-season also for financial reasons. Actors are paid per episode, so the fewer appearances they make, the less they have to pay them. The reason given on the show was that since House was in jail, his team was disbanded. Chase and Taub couldn't return until House raised enough money to refund his department.

5). They've introduce new characters because the new actors are cheaper. Sad to see TV imitating corporate America.

I think the writers have done the best they can given the situation foisted upon them. I still enjoy the series --it's still witty and acerbic -- but I miss the old ensemble cast very much.

I disagree with points 4 & 5, a bit here. If you recall season 4 was, is, in my opinion the BEST season of House. This was a time when they got rid of the usuals and introduced us into a slew of new characters albeit the old crew were still lurking in the background though, like another poster had mentioned, the dynamics, the written characters, I believe far superior to any dynamics between any character in previous seasons.

This was also the time when the writer's strike occurred. While I agree writers get pennies for helping create wonderful stories and characters, and should get a substantial raise but it should not however be extended to lazy writing (as shown on and off in this season), I blame the stupid union/guild (whatever monstrosity these mob-like institutions go by) setup in Hollywood for this. Bringing Chase and Taub back was a mistake, it's like hanging on to the past (with their character's story lines dragged out and beaten like a dead horse) while trying to create something new with new characters. Again, LAZY WRITING!

What I think they should have done was to wrap up their stories; Chase never really had one, white noise he is; and Taub's is just nauseating soap-like back and forth BS.

I hate to see a great series to have gone out this way. Nothing creative was done in terms of the stories as speculated by fans, instead we get the same conventional methods, like trying to fit a circular block into a square hole.

Of course, as I'm sure, there may have been a multitude of issues with other divisions (producers and the network, I'm looking at you) that may have put constraints. Fine. It all boils down to the writing to be creative, but they didn't, they gave up, chained to a production line to put the same pieces together.

I must reiterate, lazy writing -- IT SHOWS!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
The wife and I used to watch House pretty faithfully but slacked off last Season and most of this season. I've probably watch 2-3 isodes including last nights. Anyhow, it's changed a lot but it still seemed pretty good good. I like how he ended up at ring side at the Fight and his friend chugging bear at hi apartment lol

Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I believe it has to do with House not believing that one of Taub's kids is not his (from his ex-wife).
Surely there must be more to it than that, an extortion plot or something. Otherwise, undermining someone who's trying to bond with an infant is not entertaining to me. I get that this is a character who interferes with adult lives and relationships between grown people but IMO it's funny when the people involved are all adults, not so funny when he's trying to make someone insecure about caring for a baby. What I would find funny would be if this guy Taub grew a pair and socked his boss in the nose.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post

In one episode, they said the she couldn't take what happened between her and house and left the hospital for another opportunity.

IMO, Lisa did a mistake by leaving. It was stated that this would be the final season so why not take the paycut. $175,000 per episode x 22 episodes = $3.8 million. The show made her a celebrity and last I checked, most 44-year old actresses were not exactly in demand. And she does not have an impressive movie career. Just saying!

I wish I had something that paid 175K everytime i finished a gig. Also, let's remember the residuals that they might make for syndications, dvds, merchandise, etc.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:14 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
In one episode, they said the she couldn't take what happened between her and house and left the hospital for another opportunity.

IMO, Lisa did a mistake by leaving. It was stated that this would be the final season so why not take the paycut. $175,000 per episode x 22 episodes = $3.8 million. The show made her a celebrity and last I checked, most 44-year old actresses were not exactly in demand. And she does not have an impressive movie career. Just saying!

I wish I had something that paid 175K everytime i finished a gig. Also, let's remember the residuals that they might make for syndications, dvds, merchandise, etc.
Thanks for filling in the blanks SK. And while I wish Cuddy had stayed, the reason Lisa Edelstine could afford to walk away is: syndication, DVDs, merchandise. She's pretty set for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV