U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM

13,859 posts, read 11,868,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo2929 View Post
I think it would be boring
That's also possible. Still I think the other characters are strong enough, or can be, that unless the normal guy is a buzzkill (like Charles Miner was) it wouldn't be too bad.

Still if they keep with a wacky boss I hope they do something slightly different with it. Maybe a woman or a foreigner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-31-2010, 04:34 PM

113 posts, read 21,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
That's also possible. Still I think the other characters are strong enough, or can be, that unless the normal guy is a buzzkill (like Charles Miner was) it wouldn't be too bad.

Still if they keep with a wacky boss I hope they do something slightly different with it. Maybe a woman or a foreigner.

Thats interesting that you bring up Charles Miner, I was about to do the same. We saw how it would be with a boss like that, but, lets not forget that even though Charles was the boss, Scott was still involved and therefore, offset the drab, buzkill of a boss

Unread 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM

7,940 posts, read 8,672,657 times
All that needs to be said about The Office:

Unread 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
FBJ

31,376 posts, read 19,055,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
All that needs to be said about The Office:
yup when pam and jim had a baby the show JTS

Unread 11-01-2010, 09:16 PM

13,859 posts, read 11,868,661 times
Jim and Michael as co-managers I thought was kind of dumb. I don't know if that would be the JTS for me, I mean I only started watching the show a year or two ago through syndication on TBS, but it seems like it was a good deal weaker after that.

It still has its moments, but I kind of would lean toward them just working hard to make this a good final season. Although I know that's not going to happen. NBC is a lousy network right now so they're hold onto any halfway successful show they have no matter how much it's losing steam. Hopefully they won't get to the point where a crazy man drives a tank through their parking lot or a retired super-model becomes one of the accountants.

Unread 11-04-2010, 07:33 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,903,686 times
I was a very avid fan of The Office...my friends and I can have whole conversations consisting of predominantly quotes from the show. However, this year...if doesn't even hold my attention. Makes me sad.

Unread 11-05-2010, 06:46 PM

13,899 posts, read 15,132,008 times
Default RIP The Office 2005-2011?

I saw last night's christening episode and the beginning of season 7 and honestly think this show is on it's final legs. Michael is the only consistently funny one and when he is gone, he'll take the humor of the show with it. The writers seem to only want to focus on Jim and Pam and Michael and not give enough attention to the Kelly/Ryan whirlwind romance and the battle over Erin. As long as the Office continues its status quo 2011 will see its death.

Unread 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,576,832 times
without Michael they can concentrate more on the other characters though....

the Dwight Schrut character is great, probably my fav. one on there. There are alot of great personalities , I really think they have plenty to choose from, how many lins does Creed get for instance? He's great as well. Everything he says is funny.

eventually they'll have to replace Michael's character but there's so much more to the show, in fact, I'd argue that sometimes his character is so out there as to be unbelieveable, in a non-funny way I mean. When the show goes too far into non-reality (and IMO it does and isn't funny at that point) it's usually Michael's character leading the way.

I disagree. There are way too many great characters for it not to work.

Unread 11-06-2010, 06:48 PM

With the way season 7 has been going so far, when Michael leaves the Office will be taken off life support and on its way to its funeral.

Unread 01-12-2011, 07:23 PM

This season's first few episodes were terrible especially the Christening one. But it has improved I loved the Wuphf.com one (ryan's my fav character) and the Christmas one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV