U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,064,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
With the hints, internal candidates are Darryl, Kelly, Dwight, and Andy.
...which means--if they really want to come out of left field--it'll be Phyllis. Actually, that could be pretty funny. I could see her going online and getting "PC sayings to handle the staff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM

3,872 posts, read 7,603,466 times
full disclosure: I only watch b/c my husband loves the show. The only episode I really laughed at was the Parkour one.

That said, I thought Will Ferrell was BORING on the show. My husband, who religiously watches the show and the reruns, fell asleep and refused to re-watch b/c it was just so blah.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I had this weird final Michael/Toby scene in my mind which is not really funny at all, and doesn't work due to deleted scenes, but went like this.

Toby: Michael now that you're going there's something I really need to tell you. My mother's name is Astrid.

Michael: Okay weirdo, why would I care about your mother's name?

Toby: Well Jan seemed to care. (He smirks)

Michael (thinking): Wait are you telling me that Jan named her baby after your mother?

Toby: Yes (A mix of discomfort and amusement from Toby. The amusement fades as he notices several in the office giving awkward looks.)

Michael: So you're telling me that Jan and your mother were friends?

Toby: Uhh (He sees a look on a couple faces than backs down) Yes Michael that's what I'm saying.

Michael: Wow she's crazier than I thought.

Toby: Yes yes she is. (Sighs) Good luck in Colorado Michael.

Toby TH: When Jan told me she was pregnant I worried about Michael's reaction, but she said she would use something called "The Big Lie." Basically she said if she tenaciously insisted on a ridiculous explanation for her pregnancy everyone would believe it because they wouldn't think anyone would make up such a story. I was skeptical, but no one ever guessed I was Astrid's father so I guess it worked.

Jan TH: Toby said that? Well I guess I understand the desperation of a confused divorced person hitting middle-age, but there's no truth to it. I mean me and Toby? Ridiculous.

Astrid fidgets and asks "Mom has this Mall been tested for Radon?"

Jan bites lip walks away with daughter.
LOL LOL Yes, that would be a classic plot twist at the end the series. I can see Jan hooking up with Toby just to tick Michael off after he didn't support her in the lawsuit.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,659,323 times
I just hope its something we can live with for Steve's departure from the show and also being the season finale. Plz get it right

Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Pleeeeeeeze let the Toby revenge begin tonight!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 AM

10,145 posts, read 16,731,297 times
I was disappointed. I thought Ferrell would be great but it was a boring episode.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 PM

3,013 posts, read 5,531,556 times
Fantastic episode.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:30 AM

23,010 posts, read 31,972,945 times
Great episode but Ferrell was a disappointment. The song at the end was so emotional. Thought Erin's dumping of Gabe would have had more play than it did.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM

I was disappointed. Toby's smackdown was pathetic. When he went up to the podium I got momentarily excited, but it was just so lame. Ferrell was lame. The break up with Gabe was lame. Everything was just so... lame.

The song, at least, gave me a laugh. OTOH they've done musical jokes like that better in the past, too. I had hopes... but looks like this show's mojo is really, permanently gone.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 AM

5,098 posts, read 7,348,307 times
I can't believe I actually got kind of emotional during the song lol. Evidently it won't be the same Office that we've gotten used to, but it should be interesting to see what direction they'll take the series with this new character. So far, Ferrell's place in the show seems a bit awkward--almost as if the writers still aren't sure what to do with him--but that may change with the upcoming season. Can't really say I'm looking forward to it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or