Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM

541 posts, read 860,846 times

Advertisements

Angela, Pam and Kelly. Angela because I'm petite and blonde, Pam because I keep a lot of my thoughts about others I deal with at work to myself, and Kelly because I like to be girly-girl like and have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,740 times
Robert California.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,068,491 times
Karen. I sometimes fall into hopeless situations and probably stay a little too long for the sake of "giving it a fair try." But then I have no qualms about cutting all ties, walking away, and getting a better opportunity. I can move to a new city at the drop of a hat. And if Jim ever tried to steal my xerox I'd see through it, too. I'm not one to fall for pranks.

I'm also like Phyllis (at least the Phyllis from the earlier seasons before that character became so wimpy). I'm older, I don't get lots of attention, but I have my moments and I'm very capable of manipulating people to get things done. And I'd plan better parties than Angela.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:41 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Ryan. I'm out there in my thinking. Have a lot of intelligence but no where to let it out.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Just watched the show. Not bad. I hated seeing my favorite character Ryan melt down like that but very humorous. Andy's angle wasn't really funny. The store opening was where all the laughs were at. If ya'll see no point in Ryan's character you have GOT to hate Kathy. Adds NOTHING to the show.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Just watched the show. Not bad. I hated seeing my favorite character Ryan melt down like that but very humorous. Andy's angle wasn't really funny. The store opening was where all the laughs were at. If ya'll see no point in Ryan's character you have GOT to hate Kathy. Adds NOTHING to the show.
What was supposed to be wrong with Ryan tonight?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Program Alert

No Office Episode next week because of a 2 hour episode of the CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,068,491 times
Finally! A genuinely funny episode of the Office this year!

The parodies rang true, which is what made them funny. You can tell that the writers may not have ever worked in an office, but they've been to an Apple Store. Jim's "cosmic" speech was great (especially the jerky floating pyramid at the end). Dwight's attempt to start a "stampede" when the store opened was also good. Erin was very cute in her assignment to camp out before the store opened, and even boring Kathy was funny in her assignment to flirt with the bloggers. I liked the scene where Dwight got the VP position and got so excited about it. I even liked those dorky triangle fanny packs. Good place for pizza, I agree. Also the sign flipper at the end. Lots of good details in this episode.

The other plot line with Andy getting beat up by a little girl was dumb. They should have focused completely on the store opening. That's where all the laughs were.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I'm not sure how to explain it, but James Spader should have spent more time observing real CEOs to see how they act, what their body language is like, and especially how they interact with employees. Maybe it's his body language, but he comes across as a Hollywood Actor playing a role, not as a realistic CEO.
They weren't going for a relistic CEO, part of the joke was supposed to be how different and strange the guy is. Almost like a Jedi Corporate Knight.

It hasn't always come off as funny but that is what they were going for. It was a good bit when they were doing the interviews but I don't think it works long term.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 AM

802 posts, read 1,320,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Program Alert

No Office Episode next week because of a 2 hour episode of the CELEBRITY APPRENTICE
I hate when my favorite shows are pre-empted, especially for garbage reality shows like Celebrity Apprentice. UGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV