U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 AM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 21,019,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
I hate when my favorite shows are pre-empted, especially for garbage reality shows like Celebrity Apprentice. UGH!
It appears now that there is a new episode next week titled last day in Florida. NBC must have changed their mind and decided to air the Office instead after all.

BTW: The Celebrity Apprentice needs to be cancelled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 AM

18,717 posts, read 13,814,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
It hasn't always come off as funny but that is what they were going for. It was a good bit when they were doing the interviews but I don't think it works long term.
If that was what they were going for, it was a poor decision, something you expect from crappier shows with bad writing. One oddball character (Dwight) is funny. But he's funniest when the rest of the characters aren't too bizarre.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Just watched the show. Not bad. I hated seeing my favorite character Ryan melt down like that but very humorous.
Yeah I kind of wish they had let Ryan do the speech. He would have put a nice spin on it. But the meltdown was funny--and I liked that they didn't over milk the joke that he needed to talk to Kelly but completely forgot that he had this cool new device he could have called her with. Even though they've been focusing on this campaign to promote it and had just written a whole speech about it. I liked the irony in that.

Also liked that he had spent the whole trip wanting to have sex with Erin, but when he got stage fright and needed someone to talk to he forgot all about her and wanted Kelly. Or his mom. Nice little bit of realism there.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM

I rather enjoyed last night's show, although the idea that you can prevent someone from being fired by keeping him from walking into a meeting is... well... about as clueless as it gets. C'mon writers, you can do better!

What I liked was Dwight's chemistry with his British boss--those two made a funny (and strangely believable) business team. Why pull the plug on them so fast?

The Sabre Store was the one truly funny thing they had going this season. They should have had a few more episodes of Dwight & British Boss trying to keep the Sabre Store up and running before they ended that subplot.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I rather enjoyed last night's show, although the idea that you can prevent someone from being fired by keeping him from walking into a meeting is... well... about as clueless as it gets. C'mon writers, you can do better!

What I liked was Dwight's chemistry with his British boss--those two made a funny (and strangely believable) business team. Why pull the plug on them so fast?

The Sabre Store was the one truly funny thing they had going this season. They should have had a few more episodes of Dwight & British Boss trying to keep the Sabre Store up and running before they ended that subplot.
That whole thing with Darryl and Toby with the cookies and trying to sell them to Kevin was kind of stupid. Why does every storyline in relation to darryl have to be so stupid?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM

I totally agree about Darryl. Why can't the come up with a storyline that involves Darryl doing his job? I don't even know what his upper management job is. But whatever his job is, surely it has a few interesting challenges that would require Darryl to come up with an intelligent solution. Or, a solution that seemed smart at first but turned out to be dumb. But please.... something more interesting than competing over girl scout cookies.

And speaking about the girl scout cookie joke, it would have been funny if it had stopped it at the realization that selling cookies to Kevin was all that mattered. End of joke, on to the next sub plot please. That's how jokes were done in the earlier seasons but now everything is milked too much.

And Ryan needs to have more than one token line.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
FBJ

Quote:
I totally agree about Darryl. Why can't the come up with a storyline that involves Darryl doing his job? I don't even know what his upper management job is. But whatever his job is, surely it has a few interesting challenges that would require Darryl to come up with an intelligent solution. Or, a solution that seemed smart at first but turned out to be dumb. But please.... something more interesting than competing over girl scout cookies.

And speaking about the girl scout cookie joke, it would have been funny if it had stopped it at the realization that selling cookies to Kevin was all that mattered. End of joke, on to the next sub plot please. That's how jokes were done in the earlier seasons but now everything is milked too much.

And Ryan needs to have more than one token line.
One gross moment in last night's episode was when Kevin kissed Meredith......"YUCK" They are both very UNATTRACTIVE and it made me wanna puke.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Status: "Ft. Knox/Louisville for the weekend." (set 2 days ago)

14,485 posts, read 16,159,569 times
Quote:

I agree. Good episode. The cookie story would have been better if it was shorter. Also what is Dwight's job now that he is back in Scranton? Is he still VP or what?

Also agree on Ryan but there is supposed to be a big story coming up on where Kelly leaves Ryan for an Indian doctor.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 PM

14,636 posts, read 12,694,228 times
Does anyone know who is playing the old lady Erin is "working for"? I recognize her but can't place the name. IMDB doesn't have her listed as a character and I deleted the show before I could check the credits.

Seems like it might be http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0257077/

Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Does anyone know who is playing the old lady Erin is "working for"? I recognize her but can't place the name. IMDB doesn't have her listed as a character and I deleted the show before I could check the credits.

Seems like it might be Georgia Engel - IMDb
I seen her somewhere before too LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV