Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times

Advertisements

The last couple seasons w/o Steve have had moments of good but majority has been bad. I hate James Spader and Catherine Tate, there characters are boring and unfunny. To have The Offices final season based around the possible collapse of Jim and Pam, zzz snooze! I hope to see Steve make a cameo in the finale though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
So what does everyone think of the latest episodes? Andy has returned and Erin broke up with him and Pam/Jim seem to be having some problems..
I'm actually glad to see Pam and Jim have problems. FINALLY. I got sick of their happy happy everything's perfect relationship.

As for the rest of the show this season...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Boring.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,321,180 times
Is it me or is Jim a bit of a wimp? From Michael commandeering Pam's childbirth, to confrontations with anyone and everyone, I just want to see that character raise his voice or throw a trash can. Anything.

More Creed. Less Oscar.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm actually glad to see Pam and Jim have problems. FINALLY. I got sick of their happy happy everything's perfect relationship.

As for the rest of the show this season...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Boring.
I've honestly stopped paying attention for most of the season. I tuned in for the end of last week episode and the only thing I'm interested in is Ryan and Kelly returning for the finale. Otherwise, YAWN!!!!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:45 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,578,834 times
Season/Series Finale tonight!! Looking forward to the 1-hour "Retrospect" airs beforehand, followed by the 1-hour finale. Will anyone be watching?????

Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM

505 posts, read 940,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Season/Series Finale tonight!! Looking forward to the 1-hour "Retrospect" airs beforehand, followed by the 1-hour finale. Will anyone be watching?????
Yep. Can't wait. I don't know what I will be watching after this show ends. It's really the only show I have followed religiously for the last few years. Of course, I don't have cable, so there are some good shows that I don't get on my TV, and would have to watch online only.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM

384 posts, read 595,947 times
This show painfully jumped the shark after Michael left. Other than Andy, virtually nothing funny. The Dwight character ran out of steam after about 2 seasons and just became ridiculous. Some of the smaller parts were funny over the years. The casting of Jim's character was one of the worst ever on TV. Not only was he able to get in touch with his feminine side, he showed it 90% of the time. Long live Michael Scott.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
I'm in the extreme minority who thought this season was ok. Not near the Michael Scott years, but much better than the other seasons when carrel left. Trying to replace him instead of developing new storylines for the remaining characters just didn't work.

The retrospective before the finale tonight should be good. I assume carrel will be on it.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
I thought last week's episode was possibly the best episode since Michael Scott left. It almost felt like the old episodes of The Office. Hopefully tonight's episode will be a good send off.

I know...
Spoiler
...it takes place 6 months after last week's episode, after the documentary has aired. Very curious to see what has happened to everyone in that time.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Default Anyone plan on watching the Office series finale?

It's supposed to be a 1 hour and 15 mins long with a final appearance from Steve Carrell which was a good way to end the show.

Absolutely no reason for me to watch NBC at all next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV