Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 10:16 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Man oh man, am I glad this show is back. I love it!

I thought the season premiere was excellent. The cold open--a little odd--but the rest was classic Office, something we haven't seen for a while.

The Erin-Andy-Gabe triangle, I'm really looking forward to this!

I didnt like the opening episode because it seemed to revolved around the stupid nephew. Waiting for next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Man oh man, am I glad this show is back. I love it!

I thought the season premiere was excellent. The cold open--a little odd--but the rest was classic Office, something we haven't seen for a while.

The Erin-Andy-Gabe triangle, I'm really looking forward to this!
I enjoyed it. I had to laugh though because last February my school did one of those lipdub things. If you want to see more lipdubs go to the website What To Do When You Are Done Studying. You can see them from all over the world.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Michael: "Ryan you would be da belle of da ball, don't drop the soap, don't drop the soap."

Old 10-30-2010, 06:44 PM

113 posts, read 108,790 times
Default The Office: no more micheal scott???

I am one of the biggest fans of the office you will ever meet. I have seen every episode since the beginning. The thought of the show going on without steve carell is unimaginable. Even I, think NBC should just cut its losses and give the show a dignified ending. Any attempt to replace micheal would be futile and come off as just pathetic. The only way I could see them pulling it off, would be to make tod packer the boss. He still has that wacky facter but not the vulnerability that Scott does. You know NBC though, when they have a hit show they cant just let it go. They'll probly drag it out and make it so its unrecognizable to the point it gets cancelled. what are your thoughts???

Old 10-30-2010, 09:37 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,375,946 times
I thought they gave a hint it would be Darryl Philbin in the last episode. Maybe I was reading too much into it though.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:39 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
It might be an interesting change of pace to have them have a competent boss.

They are going to have a Michael Scott-less season, but I hope they do rap it up soon as I think it's very rare for sitcom to do any good after 8 seasons. Here are some ideas I've had or have after hours without sleep.

Darryl, or possibly Stanley, becomes boss and the show starts focusing more on the characters interactions and less on the boss.

Kelly becomes boss and the first thing she does is to tell Ryan "You and I are done."

A foul-mouthed woman in a wheelchair becomes boss.

A blind gay man becomes boss and he dislikes Oscar right off the start. He's also a Cornell grad who makes the statement to Toby, "One worry you won't have is that I don't believe in inter-office romances, not even when the man has a delightful falsetto singing voice." Andy has some inkling the new boss might be slightly attracted to him, but mostly he thinks it's just great a Cornell grad is boss and is interested in hearing him sing.

Time-Jump - Characters lives have changed. It's mentioned Michael and Holly are a married couple in New Hampshire and Ryan no longer works at Sabre/Dunder-Mifflin, but is still an odd part of Kelly's life. Toby and Brenda, character from Booze Cruise, are living together. (I picked minor, that will be staying, characters on purpose)

Documentary: The Aftermath - The documentary crew decides to make it a miniseries for PBS, but after two episodes (Pilot and Diversity Day) it's dropped. Still it gives the town of Scranton much needed attention so the city pays to have it be a regular documentary series on Scranton's PBS in hopes the national will revive it. The characters deal variously with being, essentially local, celebrities.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I thought they gave a hint it would be Darryl Philbin in the last episode. Maybe I was reading too much into it though.
I thought the same.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
There aren't any losses to cut. The Office is still a wildly popular show. As a devout viewer, I have noticed a definite downhill spiral with the show, but that hasn't stopped me from watching. The show is still the #2 show for it's timeslot and gets millions and millions of viewers every week.

I don't see the producers/writers "replacing" Michael Scott's character. I highly doubt they'd try to find someone just like Steve Carrell, who acts out his antics just like he was still there. No doubt, this new storyline will be a refreshing twist that the show needs to come alive again. I look forward to the changes--I didn't when the last season ended, but this new season has been awesome, and has renewed my faith.

I hope they bring in a new character to be the boss. I like all the characters on the show, but we know all their stories. We need new topics and and a new person to go along with them.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 AM

113 posts, read 108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
It might be an interesting change of pace to have them have a competent boss.
I think it would be boring

Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
If so i wish he changes his hairstyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV