Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times

Advertisements

I think this season is going really well. I can't remember specific episodes, but I know there have been a few that have made me laugh harder than any others!

I hear the last half of the season (starting next week) will gradually focus on Michael leaving, so that'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
This season's first few episodes were terrible especially the Christening one. But it has improved I loved the Wuphf.com one (ryan's my fav character) and the Christmas one.
I agree which is why I stopped watching it. I will try and get back into it during the second season

Old 01-19-2011, 03:49 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Man oh man, am I glad this show is back. I love it!

I thought the season premiere was excellent. The cold open--a little odd--but the rest was classic Office, something we haven't seen for a while.

The Erin-Andy-Gabe triangle, I'm really looking forward to this!

I love that show

Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Is it true that Ricky Gervais will be taking over for Steve Carrell?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Is it true that Ricky Gervais will be taking over for Steve Carrell?
No, he's simply making a cameo in the episode next week. I've heard if you blink, you'll miss him.

I would love it if he took over. I love me some Gervais!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Well the season has improved since the Christmas episode but Steve leaving will likely do the show in. Mindy is rumored to be done after the season. I wonder how the Ryan and Kelly romance will end (the divorce won't be it for them trust me.)

Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Well the season has improved since the Christmas episode but Steve leaving will likely do the show in. Mindy is rumored to be done after the season. I wonder how the Ryan and Kelly romance will end (the divorce won't be it for them trust me.)
Nah, I think it still has life in it. A Todd Packer episode and Will Ferrell will bring in some new storylines which is what the show needs. I'm very excited to see how the rest of the season pans out.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM

The episode last night (PDA) was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! Loved every second of it, including the Jim and Pam smut. Ha!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 PM

756 posts, read 2,117,168 times
Quote:
Amy Ryan - Holly is awesome. Liked her character when she first came on. Amy Ryan was also great on "The Wire", and her character now is saving this season.

I wonder how The Office will continue next season without Carell though.

I think the Jim and Pam story has long been over (since they wed, and 1 episode when Pam delivered), and they haven't been nearly as funny or interesting since the wedding. The Jim vs. Dwight battles aren't as good either, and overplayed.

Gabe and Erin are ok, but replaceable, and I can't see Andy and Erin as a couple, really working.

I think the side characters include Darryl, Andy and the originals: Dwight, Angela, Oscar, Phyllis, Kevin, Stanley, Toby and Ryan might be still interesting, but it'd hard to lead the show with them - I'd think. The Office with just them might still do better in ratings than the other shows on NBC Thu night, so NBC might want to try it out one more year.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
It's kind of strange how ratings and networks change. I looked it up and "The Office", currently has slightly less viewers than "Newsradio" did in its last season. Then network TV in general had more viewers and NBC comedies specifically had far more viewers so "Newsradio" was seen as something of a "ratings failure" that they'd maybe only kept for five seasons because it had a"cult following." (And maybe sympathy over Hartman's death) Now "The Office", despite having similar or smaller viewership, looks like a show they just can't let go rid of no matter what happens.

Which isn't to bash "The Office" precisely as they still have some good episodes on occasion, but it's interesting to me that at one time they would have almost certainly ended "The Office" with Carrell leaving, or at least clearly implied the season after him might well be the last, whether that would have been good or bad. I think it's possible even another network today might have decided the show had run its course. NBC is in less a position to do that. The "Fall of NBC" has really been spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV