Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times

Advertisements

Actually the correct name is Top Design......oooooops-my bad.

I like this show ok. It's a little different than HGTV's Design Star but the premise is the same. I like that it's not exactly like the HGTV show. Anyway, the new season begins tonight.

Last edited by Élan vital; 09-03-2008 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM

could a mod correct the title error? the correct title is Top Design.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Done!

Did anyone watch it? I watched the first season, and couldn't bear the thought of listening to Palin, so I gave it another shot.

As much as Todd Oldham annoys me, I love him playing the Tim Gunn role since he gives such great advice (better advice than Tim really!) Like how he helped the team figure out how to hang the curtains.

"Your husband looks just like Ricky Schroeder!" LOL I don't blame her for wanting to keep that info to herself.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,274 times
^I watched it (couldn't stand Palin either). It was pretty good. I like Todd Oldham - he seems like a nice guy, but you're right... he's no Tim Gunn. Not liking Shazia - she has zero design skills, and that snotty guy Robert is going to throw everyone under the bus. Wisit is a goofy dude - but has a good attitude and nice style. Looks like Jennifer and Robert are going to get into it next week - should be interesting.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:13 PM

thanks for correcting my error
I enjoyed the show last night. Too funny about the Ricky Schroeder comment.
Takes me awhile to learn everyone's names but some seem very creative.
I would have been very nervous doing Jonathan Adler's pad......OMG-he does major hotels and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Done!

Did anyone watch it? I watched the first season, and couldn't bear the thought of listening to Palin, so I gave it another shot.

As much as Todd Oldham annoys me, I love him playing the Tim Gunn role since he gives such great advice (better advice than Tim really!) Like how he helped the team figure out how to hang the curtains.

"Your husband looks just like Ricky Schroeder!" LOL I don't blame her for wanting to keep that info to herself.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:14 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,042 times
Same here, though no matter who was on the Political Tube , I was planning to watch because I did enjoy Season One. That was quite a challenge and I definitely think the right team won! Very impressed with Wisit's "Pop Design" shadowboxes too. I wonder if some of this clothing designs are on the web (hm, did he once try out for Project Runway and not make it, I wonder?!). Thought his operating soprano/tenor/whatever was rather "unusual" too.... I'm still not sure whether it was semi-impressive or just plain odd.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Default Wisit's website

I did a quick Google and found it. OMG.... I absolutely LOVE his dresses and would grab one in a heartbeat. I guess he wasn't "avant-garde" enough for Top Design but these are the kind of clothes I'd love to see!

Fashion by Wisit Prapong

Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM

woohooo and wow! Thanks for sharing. Gorgeous clothing designs. Very creative guy. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
I did a quick Google and found it. OMG.... I absolutely LOVE his dresses and would grab one in a heartbeat. I guess he wasn't "avant-garde" enough for Top Design but these are the kind of clothes I'd love to see!

Fashion by Wisit Prapong

Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Wisit's stuff is beautiful, wish he'd make me a dress!

I couldn't believe how Robert threw that other guy under the bus, even though that guy straight up refused to throw him under. It made me like that guy who's name I obviously don't know a lot!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM

I agree, Robert seems more than normally ruthless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV