Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,025 times

Advertisements

As I was watching the premier it struck me that perhaps this particular story line is for the most part finished and Peter served his purpose. Watching Translucent people and Walter reanimating lifeless creatures is a seguay into more popular themes such as Zombies, Vampires, werewolves etc..

Maybe it is unlikely but that is what seems to be the popular topic that people will more readily understand. Didn't X-files kind of go that route?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
As I was watching the premier it struck me that perhaps this particular story line is for the most part finished and Peter served his purpose. Watching Translucent people and Walter reanimating lifeless creatures is a seguay into more popular themes such as Zombies, Vampires, werewolves etc..

Maybe it is unlikely but that is what seems to be the popular topic that people will more readily understand. Didn't X-files kind of go that route?

No, Peter is coming back for sure. That is why we are seeing his face in objects. He is floating around out there somewhere. I would tend to think Fringe will steer clear of vampires and such.

I can't remember if X-Files did that. I want to say no. I just remember them killing off the 3 geeks and I lost interest in whatever else they did after that. Of course I went to see the movies for the continuation but I can't remember them either. Guess they did not impress me the way it did in the begining.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No, Peter is coming back for sure. That is why we are seeing his face in objects. He is floating around out there somewhere. I would tend to think Fringe will steer clear of vampires and such.

I can't remember if X-Files did that. I want to say no. I just remember them killing off the 3 geeks and I lost interest in whatever else they did after that. Of course I went to see the movies for the continuation but I can't remember them either. Guess they did not impress me the way it did in the begining.
It would be nice to see him come back into the story. I was doing some checking to see if there was a contract dispute or anything but it didn't reveal anything.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
It would be nice to see him come back into the story. I was doing some checking to see if there was a contract dispute or anything but it didn't reveal anything.

Joshua went off to make a movie or two. He'll be back.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:55 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I am a little confused about Agent Lee. I do know that at the other universe he is Olivia's partner. As for Olivia, she plays both roles (at two universes) quite well: sad at this one, and quite happy at the other. But then, when it comes to acting, Walther is superb and fills both roles to perfection. The tone of his voice is very unique, too.

As for Peter, I imagine that Olivia will eventually realize who he is since she has mentioned a void or hole in her life. I imagine that this "void" is the reason for being unhappy or sad (?).
She was referring to her Partner/Lover from Season 1, John Scott, played by Actor Mark Valley (who was in 'Human Target' last year). Mark Valley and Anna Torv were briefly married then.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
She was referring to her Partner/Lover from Season 1, John Scott, played by Actor Mark Valley (who was in 'Human Target' last year). Mark Valley and Anna Torv were briefly married then.

Oh yeah, John Scott. TY, Ilona! I remember now! He turned into a bad guy and came back to life or something and Olivia had to kill him?

I take it they had another Hollyweird minute marriage? That's too bad. She seems nice and he's a hunk.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Thanks for the clarification

Old 10-02-2011, 08:03 AM

Finally got to watch the last eppie last night. Did anyone catch the Observer? He was in a doorway with white light behind him when Broyles and Liv were walking out of the hospital at the end talking about an "indelible imprint on your soul". My mind caught him but I rewound and played again and sure enough there he was. Poor Walter is going to go mad before Peter gets his SOS to Walter understood.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
I hate Fauxlivia. She's just so darn smug and smirking and superior. I hated having her mock Olivia for her inability to trust. I hated how she was all, "I lived in your house and in your life, so I know all about you now." B*tch. Grrr.

I was happy to see Other Broyles -- and his amazing pecs! -- back, but how can that be?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I hate Fauxlivia. She's just so darn smug and smirking and superior. I hated having her mock Olivia for her inability to trust. I hated how she was all, "I lived in your house and in your life, so I know all about you now." B*tch. Grrr.

I was happy to see Other Broyles -- and his amazing pecs! -- back, but how can that be?

Agree about Fauxlivia. I wanted to smash her face in.

I was happy to see Col. Broyles' pecs too but was wondering the same...how could he be alive? He was killed in that van last season. Charcoaled black! I'm not complaining, glad that we will get to see Col. Broyles but guess we have to forget what we saw last year? I hate poor continuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV