U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:57 AM

4,917 posts, read 7,516,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritle View Post
lol, i was thinking last night that i am not liking it as much. it is getting darker. but i will still watch and hope olivia's optimism returns. i do LOVE walter though!
btw - what is up with the symbols at commercial break? i dont remember seeing the flower before.
I'm not sure about the flower. I just tivo the show, and forward as soon as the commercial break starts. I'll have to pay attention to it next time.

I love Walter too! He's definitely the comic relief. The storyline with Olivia's stepfather looks promising too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM

8,502 posts, read 11,196,678 times
Still not bad, but still not great. At least we're getting more into the character of the main woman, and Josh Jackson's character is getting to do more besides stand around and say, "Dad, you're being weird again."

Dr. Dad is starting to get annoying though. His little bits like, "Can I have some of that soup?" were cute for a while. Now it's feeling like schtick.

Still not a bad show. But definitely lots of room for improvement.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:48 PM

13,631 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I noticed the flower last night too. Then the cure turned out to be something to do with a particular flower.

I read in next week's tvguide that the "signs" are all "clues" to the stories and those that pay attention to them and figuring them out can "get" more info on the stories/show. I noticed an apple with twins as the seeds. Do you think Peter ( is that Walter's son's name?) could have a twin? I remember in the 2nd or third show they showed babies when Walter was talking about Peter's birth.

I'm still liking this show. I record the Mentalist and watch Fringe.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I read in next week's tvguide that the "signs" are all "clues" to the stories and those that pay attention to them and figuring them out can "get" more info on the stories/show.
J.J. Abrams once claimed the same thing about the high-lighted letters that opened the setting scenes of ALIAS. But I never sat down and wrote them all down to try to figure it out.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 AM

161 posts, read 325,423 times
Quote:
I noticed the flower last night too. Then the cure turned out to be something to do with a particular flower.

I read in next week's tvguide that the "signs" are all "clues" to the stories and those that pay attention to them and figuring them out can "get" more info on the stories/show. I noticed an apple with twins as the seeds. Do you think Peter ( is that Walter's son's name?) could have a twin? I remember in the 2nd or third show they showed babies when Walter was talking about Peter's birth.

I'm still liking this show. I record the Mentalist and watch Fringe.
ooh, i didnt remember the babies comment. i have been thinking that maybe walter's son is a clone. interesting...

Old 10-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritle View Post
ooh, i didnt remember the babies comment. i have been thinking that maybe walter's son is a clone. interesting...
I thought along those lines too, spritle. I'm also still trying to figure out if the black dude who Olivia reports to is a good guy or a bad guy!? I'm loving that the episodes have endings but still there is so much mystery to most of the characters. If I remember correctly from this week's episode they showed a flashback to WWI & II times? Did anyone else notice the bald guy in there? I'm (almost) positive I saw him in the "ancient" films. I am impatiantly waiting for next week's show.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM

4,917 posts, read 7,516,270 times
Quote:
I thought along those lines too, spritle. I'm also still trying to figure out if the black dude who Olivia reports to is a good guy or a bad guy!? I'm loving that the episodes have endings but still there is so much mystery to most of the characters. If I remember correctly from this week's episode they showed a flashback to WWI & II times? Did anyone else notice the bald guy in there? I'm (almost) positive I saw him in the "ancient" films. I am impatiantly waiting for next week's show.
I think the next 2 weeks are repeats....

Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I think the next 2 weeks are repeats....
Oh no!!!! Already???

Yep, you are so right, lovemaine. Just looked at next week's tvguide. BUMMER.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:15 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,404,071 times
Last nights epi was ok, but I'm still on the fence about Fringe. It seems to come up just shy of what I wish it would be. Anyone else feeling that vibe?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 PM

I missed last night's episode. Any good? I find myself not caring much that I missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV