Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Quick recap - Ace mentions that they don't really "need" bedding (which is what the 1st competition was for) so mentioned not to waste too much effort on the competition in order to ensure victory on the immunity comp. He puts up Paloma, the smallest woman on their team, to grasp a pole while two (much bigger) members of the opposite team try to pull her off - a no brainer. He basically threw her to the wolves so he could convince the rest of the tribe to get rid of her.

So Fang wins the bedding comp, and they pick Sugar to go to exile island. She finds the idol and blubbers about losing her dad 7 months ago.

Then at the immunity comp, they have the professional video game player pitted against the physics prof to unscramble a puzzle of numbers. The gamer wins (how disappointing that the prof couldn't figure this one out) so finally Kota goes to tribal council. They pick off Paloma (predictably).

It was a good episode - maybe someone knows where to find a link where you can watch the whole episode online so you can get caught up.

You can watch full episodes on CBS.com! I do when I'm out of town and miss it due to late meetings, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
That was really slick how they switched sides don't you think? I don't get them voting off Jackie either instead of Kelly who is lazy and doesn't help in camp or the challenges. Too early in the game to vote off a person that can help your team I think. Especially when Fong is so weak in most challenges!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times
Honestly, I don't know why they don't vote off Ace. He is very strong but he appears very manipulative. Even if they lose the next challenge they still have numbers - with kelly - and they can pick off Jackie then. Who knows when the merge will be or if they switch up the teams again.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 PM

Ace sure didn't help his team in the challenge and did you see him using his hands to paddle around when Jeff said no hands?

They should have voted him off and kept Jackie they can get rid of Kelly anytime. It will change now that Sugar is back from exile island again think she will tell anybody else she has the idol or just keep it with Ace?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Am I the only one that likes Ace? I also like the little "romance" with Sugar and him. They make a good couple.
I just hope he doesn't use the idol against her later on. She may save him then he votes her out.

I don't like most of the Fang tribe, but now that they mixed it up a little, I don't like how they voted off Jackie. They kept Kelly because they can sway her votes later, then when they don't need her anymore, off she goes.
Conniving is a big part of the game. Although I don't like how they portray those who are sneaky and conniving, I bet I would be reduced to that if I were on the show. We all would. Niceness doesn't get them to the end.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Default Help!! I hate this season

seriously and don't turn on me but I canNOT get into this cast of characters this season!! And I was so excited about the new season beginning too. Maybe I need to see a therapist..........
There was one other season that I just hated and didn't end up watching the entire season and I don't know where they were now nor any of the names. But it was the season some wimpy jackass won(saw his pic online later) and one of the ladies accused a man of fondling her during the night......?? anyone know which season I'm referring to?
I will "try" one or 2 more shows and see if I can get my interest level back up but I doubt it. I'm soo bored with the survivors of this season already.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That was really slick how they switched sides don't you think? I don't get them voting off Jackie either instead of Kelly who is lazy and doesn't help in camp or the challenges. Too early in the game to vote off a person that can help your team I think. Especially when Fong is so weak in most challenges!
I presume they are already planning for the merge - Fang doesn't want Jackie, because she's tight with the other Kota tribe members. They want Kelly because Fang already knows that Kota considers her "out". Does that make sense?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
It MUST be something in the water, or in the NAME cause even after getting re-organized Fang STILL SUX......

Old 10-10-2008, 12:23 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Even tho "Kelly" seemed to fall asleep on the water challenge......and "Ms Olympian" wasn't much better.......

Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM

Boy I hope I can explain this to makes sense to ya all! In real life there are "haves" and "have nots", the haves tend to be more successful for whatever/different reasons. The have nots tend to plug along mixed in with like others and haves but never seem to get ahead. Fang is a whole group of "have nots" in my opinion so their skills to survive and shine are poor at best. Not saying they can't or don't have the ability to better themselves, we all have that opportunity in our lives, but it just seems to me most of them are OK being in the flow of society instead of at the top of the stream.

Yes Crystal was an Olympian but that doesn't make her have the ability to be a CEO of a large corp right? The other tribe seems to have a more diverse sector of society so one can shine at certain things better than others. Pull many of them together and you will have a stronger team. The other tribe knows they must work together as a team even though each one is in it to win individually. It takes team work to move ahead, to get the rewards that will help them be stronger and Fang isn't showing that.

I hear ya Dream it is hard for me to 'attach' myself to these contestants as well. I will most likely watch it until the end as this is the only show I do watch, other than it I could care less if I had a TV actually. Oh well I would miss watching Little House & 7th Heaven re-runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV