Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times

Advertisements

wow!! I didn't know they finished the race in my town-Newberg!! that rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The winners deserved the win; no matter anyone's feelings about them personally-they ran a hell of a race. Awesome ending........I'm happy, except.....I hate when the season ends.........I heart Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 07:03 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
I was bummed that the dufus frat boys did not win. What a great ending that would have been. I was crying from laughing at the march routine the other week. The team that won was a let down, but Dreamweavin is right, they ran a tight ship. Poor Frat boys really lost that mill because of the clue- less cab driver it seems.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
I was happy to see Nick and Starr win! I also heart Phil. He looked a little teary when Ken and Tina were putting their rings back on.

I feel even worse for Toni and Dallas now that it seems to have been a camera man that caused the problem! Ugh!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I was happy to see Nick and Starr win! I also heart Phil. He looked a little teary when Ken and Tina were putting their rings back on.

I feel even worse for Toni and Dallas now that it seems to have been a camera man that caused the problem! Ugh!
I love Phil too - he's such a sweetie pie!

BTW - Why weren't Toni and Dallas as the finish line? Was it because of the passport situation?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,305 times
Wow, Amy S.... I didn't even notice that Toni and Dallas weren't at the finish line. Now my curiosity is piqued and I must go searching for the answer. I'll report back on the results of my mission, if I find out.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,305 times
Found it! From (ahem) another website which shall not be named, see last paragraph:

"From Dallas's mouth today on numerous interviews:

When Dallas left the Fallen Statue park, he got a cab driver that kept getting lost. He spent one hour driving aorund looking for the bookstore. Dallas decided to get out and find a new taxi. Just as he was doing that, the soundman had to change the battery in Dallas's wireless microphone. The battery pack is on his waist, as is the fanny pack. When he got out of the taxi, he didnt realize the sound man had undone the fanny pack. The cab driver didnt charge Dallas a fare since he had not found the Bookstore and drove off. Dallas found another taxi and after 20 minutes of not finding the Bookstore, he want to the hotel they had spent the previous night before to talk to the concierge. Only then, long after the first taxi was long gone, did he realize he didnt have the fanny pack. He couldnt pay the second taxi driver at the hotel.

Dallas only lost HIS passport and the money. Toni was driven to the author's house in a vehicle provided by WRP, the production company, to wait for Dallas. She had no need for money, but did have her passport with her. As previously mentioned, in emergenies, the American Consulates are very quick to replace a passport. IF you have the right paperwork. It is relatively simple if you have a copy of the first page of your passport to take to the Consulate. Since the racers are actually employees of WRP while the race is being filmed, I am sure they had Xerox copies of everyone's passports in case this happened.

Also, as mentioned above, the Russian Federation is extremely strict on Visas. To go to Russia, you have to have an Entry Visa and an Exit Visa stamped in your passport BEFORE you get to Russia. You also have to have some Russian to be your "sponsor" for your visas. I am sure that WRP had local contacts used to doing this role. I am also pretty confident that all the pages in the racer's passports had been Xeroxed and carried by some Production Asst that was in charge of that type of stuff. They would have gotten in contact with the "Sponsor" with all the copies of the Russian visas and depending on the burearacy, got them re-issued as soon as possible.

The good news is, Dallas's passport was turned into the Consulate later that night after it closed. Toni called the next morning and they went and picked it up and headed to the airport. They left Moscow the same day as all the teams and production staff, but just didnt make it to the finish line before the other teams finished. They did get there that same day, just at night."

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
Found it! From (ahem) another website which shall not be named, see last paragraph:

"From Dallas's mouth today on numerous interviews:

When Dallas left the Fallen Statue park, he got a cab driver that kept getting lost. He spent one hour driving aorund looking for the bookstore. Dallas decided to get out and find a new taxi. Just as he was doing that, the soundman had to change the battery in Dallas's wireless microphone. The battery pack is on his waist, as is the fanny pack. When he got out of the taxi, he didnt realize the sound man had undone the fanny pack. The cab driver didnt charge Dallas a fare since he had not found the Bookstore and drove off. Dallas found another taxi and after 20 minutes of not finding the Bookstore, he want to the hotel they had spent the previous night before to talk to the concierge. Only then, long after the first taxi was long gone, did he realize he didnt have the fanny pack. He couldnt pay the second taxi driver at the hotel.
So, the question is - would they have been the last team to arrive if the soundman hadn't undone the fanny pack, or were they already last due to the lost cab driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
They left Moscow the same day as all the teams and production staff, but just didnt make it to the finish line before the other teams finished. They did get there that same day, just at night."
Thanks for investigating, squeezer!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times
Did anyone...other than me...think the last challenge with the memory game was extremely difficult this year? I know they've done those types of challenges before but you had pictures or shapes of the countries to work from and you could go in any order as long as they were correct. This one seemed VERY hard to do.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 PM

oh yea, I thought it difficult too; but then I like that. I hate when they don't have to work hard in the last leg for that million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Did anyone...other than me...think the last challenge with the memory game was extremely difficult this year? I know they've done those types of challenges before but you had pictures or shapes of the countries to work from and you could go in any order as long as they were correct. This one seemed VERY hard to do.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Default 2nd place finishers

I ask this every year and either I never find the answer or I'm getting senile because I can't recall; but does 2nd place take home any cash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV