Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,057 times

Advertisements

Mama Petrelli isn't Sylar's mother; she just has the special appeal...to his "mama's boy"-ness.

Sylar and HRG team-up a bit too chummy; didn't the writers forget the latter hated the former with a passion.

Jesse's sonic scream = Songbird; now Sylar has it.

Knox - the African-American fugitive - can absorb kinetic energy and convert into superhuman strength; classic example: X-Men's supervillain Black King.

Nice to see the Haitian again; Hiro and Ando not so useful this episode.

Firestarter teaches Claire how to fight, more like how teaching to be more ***** than before.

The African has Isaac Mendez's powers. Parkman's screen time seem rather pointless.

Is Zimmermann another one of the Twelve? So Tracy is a created humanoid. I'm holding out for the special chemical bath treatment that can separate Jessica's various personalities into individual forms. Did work for a while with the Hulk and Banner. Speaking of Hulk, Micah mentions him while remembering his mother.

Slightly better episode than the previous two. Fewer cross-cuts between character plots. Peter's one is still boring. Hiro's Batman & Jason Todd exchange with Ando is forced and doesn't go over strong. Firestarter's mentoring of Claire would have worked better with some actual brutality. Wasn't she the scheming witch that tried to scam her baby's daddy for money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
I hope it gets better.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
I think they are trying to run this show into full obscurity a la "Lost". It seems like they are trying to develop so many characters and sub-plots that they can't really get any point across in their 60 minute time slot. The pace of this show is like the movie Out of Africa on qualuudes, vicodin, and Jack Daniels. They better fix it fast or I'm outta there.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I think they are trying to run this show into full obscurity a la "Lost". It seems like they are trying to develop so many characters and sub-plots that they can't really get any point across in their 60 minute time slot. The pace of this show is like the movie Out of Africa on qualuudes, vicodin, and Jack Daniels. They better fix it fast or I'm outta there.
I was ready to leave it behind last season and I'm still waiting for it to "get good" again. Last night I didn't even sit all the way through.
How can there be such stupid, whiny, incompetant superheroes in the world?
At least get good actors to play them (I'm looking at you, Peter Petrelli).

Old 09-30-2008, 03:10 PM

318 posts, read 934,291 times
I forgot this had started with all the other showing such as Prison Break and Dexter I cant fit it in.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
I forgot this had started with all the other showing such as Prison Break and Dexter I cant fit it in.
IMO, UK, you are not really missing much this year. (so far)

Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times
Last nights episode was pretty lame. I dont know, I didnt really dig it too much. But I'n hanging in there.. hopefully it'll start getting better.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times
Anyone watch last nights ep? Once again, it was a little weird.

Sylar's good and has a kid in the future..?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 PM

I watched it and am getting a little bored with the jumping back and forth in time. I'm not being entertained anymore.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,057 times
Default E4: "I Am Become Death"

I wouldn't call it weird. More being dull. It's like watching a plane running across the runway at full speed but not taking off.

Sylar as a dad is nice. Too bad they wouldn't show Mr. "Fear give me super-strength" vaporized by nuclear Sylar.

Noah is Sylar's son. Who's Noah's mother? I know it isn't Claire.

Hayden's cold-blooded Claire isn't convincing. She looks more mopey than ruthless.

Why can't Dr. Suresh mutate faster? I want to see his version of "The Fly".

Maya is now the "eye candy" chick of the show.

Parkman's future wife is Flash. Has to be for sure. He painted the future, not possible "What If"s.

Peter has Sylar's powers and his hunger for brain dissection & consumption.

No Kristen Bell the past two episodes good.

How is Adam Monroe "the key"? Doesn't make sense considering that Mama Petrelli and Company have locked him up in the past because they couldn't stop him otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV