Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,956 times

Advertisements

Cristin Millioti (the mother) has said that the rumors of the mother dying are untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 PM

That ending, though!

Spoiler

It all makes total sense when you think about it. I sort of like the mother, so I'm sad the show ended with her dying (we all saw it coming, though), but him getting with Robin does bring the whole thing full circle.

Let's talk about Barney-- I'm glad he didn't stay married and have kids with Robin...that would've been too unbelievable a transformation for me. I think him being a(n unplanned) single father makes the most sense.

Marshall and Lily were predicable. Those kids must be relieved to have the NDA lifted now-- they had to carry that secret for YEARS.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:56 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,579,310 times
So that's that! Some parts I would have like to see more of -- more Ted and and wife, less Barney!

Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 PM

Some trivia I found out (non-spoilers):

1) The contingency plan for the first few seasons was for Victoria (the baker) to be the mother in the event that the show got cancelled. I guess if they only had a few episodes to end the series, it'd be easier to write her in instead of bringing in a new mother. It wasn't until about halfway through the series that they solidified that there would be a new mother.

2) They filmed various versions of the ending with the kids to give Bays & Thomas more leeway in writing the finale. Also, when the show started, they were supposed to be series regulars.

3) Not all the actors knew how the series would end-- it was only shot at the end of February. NPH actually cornered the writers at a party and forced them to tell him how it ends.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
I never really watched the show intently but I liked it when I did watch it. How many seasons did it run? 9? That's pretty good for a sitcom.

Anyway, I guess the ending was, ok. I thought the very ending where the kids started talking kind of cheapened the seriousness of the moment. They should have established that Ted ended up with Robin earlier in the the finale and ended with the line.... "And that is how I met your mother" { screen goes to black }

The scene where Barney first held his child was brilliant!

Something else I didn't like was how they ditched the voice of Bob Saget right at the end. As if we wouldn't notice that all of a sudden future Ted's voice wasn't the same? That was kinda corny.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:39 PM

679 posts, read 809,988 times
Some thoughts:

Spoiler
1. I was always a fan of Robin/Barney, so I was very disappointed that they spent the entire season showing the wedding weekend, then less than halfway though the finale, they get divorced.
2. I did not want Robin and Ted to end up together.
3. No complaints about Lily and Marshall. Love those two!
4. After Robin and Barney got divorced, I was hoping they would get back together by the end of the episode.
5. If Barney was going to have a baby, I wish it had ended up being some not-so-random girl and then we could be shocked by who it was.
6. I was glad they didn't drag out the Mother dying, that would have been too sad.
7. But, on the other hand for #6, it seemed they just kinda breezed over the Mother dying too fast, just so they could get to the Robin/Ted endgame.
8. I was hoping to see Bob Saget as future, or now current, future Ted. That would have been neat.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
It did seem like it was all very rushed.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It did seem like it was all very rushed.
Agreed-- it was strange because the rest of the season moved at a snail's pace only to get to the last episode where everything was moving at breakneck speeds. It felt like once you processed one thing, you were already halfway into the next thing.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
Some thoughts:
Agreed. I really hated this ending. I may get over it, but at the moment, I have no desire to even watch reruns.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:42 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
I think what left the bad taste in my mouth is that we guessed the ending, and they denied it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV