Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 PM

186 posts, read 448,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
But do you really think that going to a fertility clinic is "God's will?" Going to a fertility clinic seems more to me like people trying to "play God."

I highly doubt a just God would give the Gosselins...who had good jobs in nursing and IT and were hardly poor....a McMansion and vacations that most people can't afford, all the while other people are starving and there are millions of children living in terrible abusive situtations and poverty. Yep...some kids get abused and starve, and the Gosselins get "rewarded by God" for going to a fertility clinic and having a litter.

I don't think so.
EXACTLY! They wrote a whole book on living a Godly life and how God gave them their babies. Meanwhile, they implanted waayyyy too many embryos themselves and had waaaaayyy too many children while other kids in the developing world are starving to death in dirt streets like dogs. They (and the Octomom) disgust me! You're right- they literally had a litter.

P.S. I want to move to Pittsburgh and get out of NC! So, the grass is always greener!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 PM

186 posts, read 448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Oh...God made me infertile b/c I was to adopt...thanks for giving me the answers.
I couldn't get pregnant b/c I had a condition and no I don't think God gave me that condition to adopt. I can't believe how insensitive you are... If you would put yourself into these shoes for a little while, you would think differently. If you were told you couldn't have kids I bet your yearning to have your own flesh and blood would take over. But, it is easy for you to say "just adopt" b/c you have never been in this situation.
As for Jon and Kate...Who is to say what is right for them. All I am saying is took look at it from their side for a moment. It is so easy to cast stones.
We are going to adopt from Ethiopia because there are 6 million orphans who need homes. I don't need to spend $30,000 at a fertility clinic just to have kids who look like me or who are my own flesh and blood. Being a parent means loving the child in your life that you swore to protect, love and shelter from the harsh realities of the world for as long as possible. It does not mean having your DNA or looks. There are WAY too many children needing homes in this world and people like Jon & Kate and the Octomom should never be allowed to do what they have done. For being a Godly person, many of your comments aren't very Christ-like, you know.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,497,540 times
I can't take it anymore. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Pennsylvania. Off to the tv forum....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:14 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,919,897 times
You should see what goes on in some of the city forums, you think this is bad...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
does anyone know where in north carolina they are moving to?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,473,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetskier View Post
does anyone know where in north carolina they are moving to?
Prior to the purchase of the new house in PA there was speculation that they looked at property in NC.
Kate and kids are vacationing at Bald Head Island, NC this week(s) but I don't think a permanent move has been suggested.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,528,013 times
So I don't have time to weed through everything that has been posted in the last 24 hours....so J&K are moving?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,473,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
So I don't have time to weed through everything that has been posted in the last 24 hours....so J&K are moving?
It seems that this thread began last year in the PA forum and a moderator recently moved the thread to TV.

I believe the question about 'moving' was answered when the house in Wernersville, PA was purchased.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,528,013 times
oh...see now I know why I got lost....duh didn't look at the date.

Thanks!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:55 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,131,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I wonder what's the big attraction to North Carolina? As opposed to other southern states like VA, TN, SC, GA, etc? I looked into jobs in NC after I graduated from college, and found most jobs pay the same or less than they do in PA....plus the cost of living is higher in NC.
the people are nicer---not as mean,spiteful,and envious as up here---shoulda never left the south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV