Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times

Advertisements

SAMCRO has non white members as do many real life 1% clubs. Not sure what you mean.

But I see your overall point. It's a show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I thought it wasnt a bad 2nd season debut. My take was the AB was mad SAMCRO was selling guns to the niners (the black gang), and felt if they were to sell guns it should only be to whites. Thought it was funny AB called the Nords B's.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Oildog

FX apparently can't go that far. Those you'll get from any show on that channel is a naked butt. That's it. Anyway this show is so good you don't need the nudity. I'm setting my DVR from now
I agree, good writing is whats needed, and the show has delivered so far. But didn't the Sopranos always have a scene at the Bada Bing. Roughly analogous to Shakespeare always putting in a few 'crude' references in plays to keep the groundlings entertained....and its always a nice way to get 'emerging' starlets a paycheck.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
The season 2 opener was weak? It started off as well as it left us last year if you ask me. The AB is gonna have hell to pay for what they did to Gemma. And I had no idea Piney knew Clay and Tig are behind Donna's murder. It's just a matter of who tells Opie the truth. I still stand by my prediction of Tig being dead and the club splitting by season's end.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
The season 2 opener was weak? It started off as well as it left us last year if you ask me. The AB is gonna have hell to pay for what they did to Gemma. And I had no idea Piney knew Clay and Tig are behind Donna's murder. It's just a matter of who tells Opie the truth. I still stand by my prediction of Tig being dead and the club splitting by season's end.
If Tig is dead, and the reason comes out, who exactly is going to be left to split with Clay?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
Bobby might side with Clay. He looks like he's been with the club a long time. The Irish guy (I can never remember his name) could also side with Clay. He's SAMCRO's connection to the IRA. Maybe even Halfsack since he's still a prospect looking to get in

Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Ron Pearlman is the biggest name tied to the show. I dont see them cutting him out.

There was a part of the previews for the season that had Opie saying to Clay, "I dont know what your deal is with Jax but I am with you."

That was the most compelling part of the previews IMO.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Last nights episode seemed a little week. It's seems REALLY far fetched to me that the AB would think that SAMCRO would cower and submit to their terms after raping the Pres's ol lady. Seriously? I don't think so. Just not realistic...

Their business interest are opposite. How is that far-fetched?

The AB wants to establish business in a town that is being ran by a motorcycle gang that is supplying automatic weapons to groups they will likely butt heads with.

If someone was supplying your enemies or someone you might end up fighting with automatic weapons, wouldnt you try to stop them?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Their business interest are opposite. How is that far-fetched?

The AB wants to establish business in a town that is being ran by a motorcycle gang that is supplying automatic weapons to groups they will likely butt heads with.

If someone was supplying your enemies or someone you might end up fighting with automatic weapons, wouldnt you try to stop them?
Uhhhh yeah, that part is realistic.

My point was why would they think raping his, the President of a motorcycle CLUB ( not a gang) old lady would get them to submit to their terms? I don't think anyone is that stupid.
But I'm thinking real world not TV land and the two are completely different. It's entertaining though.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Ron Pearlman is the biggest name tied to the show. I dont see them cutting him out.

There was a part of the previews for the season that had Opie saying to Clay, "I dont know what your deal is with Jax but I am with you."

That was the most compelling part of the previews IMO.
I caught that too. Wonder what's up with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV