Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,462,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
It's the same premise when it comes to outlaw clubs I believe.
It is an important distiction to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM

Man, the guy writing this should do a little research. It's just getting ridiculous.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,928,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Man, the guy writing this should do a little research. It's just getting ridiculous.
I agree, everything in jail/prison/confinement is slow, no way all of that stuff happens with them being in there only a few days, you are usually segregated anyway for the first few weeks (pre-trial vs. post trial vs. sentenced, etc), especially something high profile ( I imagine in a small town, that would have made BIG news)

And after the first incident, the place would be put on lockdown for a month, oh well

I am learning to except this for being a TV show, playing on guys "outlaw/biker/rebel" fantasies, more so than a cop drama, or other real life type show where they try to get the facts at least somewhat realistic (NYPD Blue, The Wire, Homicide, etc)

Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
I agree, everything in jail/prison/confinement is slow, no way all of that stuff happens with them being in there only a few days, you are usually segregated anyway for the first few weeks (pre-trial vs. post trial vs. sentenced, etc), especially something high profile ( I imagine in a small town, that would have made BIG news)

And after the first incident, the place would be put on lockdown for a month, oh well

I am learning to except this for being a TV show, playing on guys "outlaw/biker/rebel" fantasies, more so than a cop drama, or other real life type show where they try to get the facts at least somewhat realistic (NYPD Blue, The Wire, Homicide, etc)

Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,678,154 times
It's still a entertaining as he** though! I've been meaning to ask: What happened to Abel's mom? I remember her at Donna's funeral at the end of last season, but I don't remember anyone mentioning what happened to her....

Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
Clay is such a knuckle dragging idiot!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
It's a TV show meant to be entertaining....so..yeah it's far fetched.
Life is more often than not stranger than fiction. In 2002 73 members of the Pagans MC invaded a Hell's Angels event that was open to the public and heavily staffed by local police officers for the intent and purpose of serving notice to the Angel's for moving into the Philadelphia area.

12 local Pagans indicted in melee - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM

208 posts, read 468,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post

What fictional shows don't over exaggerate the time it takes to get something done.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,928,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic. View Post
What fictional shows don't over exaggerate the time it takes to get something done.
How about the Sopranos, (since FX themselves compares this to the show), when Junior ws away in confinement/prison, he was gone. Their was no fanfare, he was just gone for half the season. That is how it went, and how it usually goes in real life.

If the show can't handle the main cast away for half the season, don't lock them all up, and have them all released in the same episode (not too mention their bail would have been held over anyway, and a case like this the money trail would have been followed, thus putting Oswald in danger anyway for posting such a high bail).

And how was Tig released from custody with an open warrant in another jurisdiction! That does not happen!!

Ok, ok, sorry I am taking it to serious again, I am just usually a stickler for things being "authenic", as I work in the Criminal Justice Realm, and these type of scenarios are ugly, drawn out and very non-glamorous. And it wouldn't take too much for this show to walk the walk, a little research by the prodcuers would do a lot (These shows usually have a real person on set, in this case a real outlaw biker, who could call BS for many of these phony situations). Either way, still a good episode

Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Life is more often than not stranger than fiction. In 2002 73 members of the Pagans MC invaded a Hell's Angels event that was open to the public and heavily staffed by local police officers for the intent and purpose of serving notice to the Angel's for moving into the Philadelphia area.

12 local Pagans indicted in melee - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
That was 73 Pagans. There are what? 5 SOA in this charter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV