Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Good episode, but that wedding was the tackiest thing I've seen on TV.
I think tacky was the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
SAMCRO dont deal drugs.
Based on the previews for next week, not for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85
...can't say I'm loving Jax's new hair though....
Quote:
I'm just glad that Jax shaved that ridiculous goatee.
I hate Jax's short hair too. It took me a few minutes to be certain it was him. I thought they were trying to switch actors on us.

He was much more attractive with longer hair, but I always hated his unshaven face and goatee.

As for the episode. I liked it. Lots happened.

Wasn't one of the dudes they killed the informer that the entire investigation hinges upon?

Call me a feminist. I was annoyed that he won't let his wife support them, especially considering the risks outweigh the macho pride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,016,792 times
I would say by the end of this season the federal guy who rides the bike is going to be dead and the black sheriff wont last long either . I'd say the boys are back and they are taking over charming again . Then Hale (the builder of charming heights ) will be gone too . One must remember the soa are not afraid of getting rid of feds .I also think Piney is not teling everything he knows about jax's fathers death .

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Call me a feminist. I was annoyed that he won't let his wife support them, especially considering the risks outweigh the macho pride.
Yeah, I did a double take. You would rather risk your life and freedom than let your wife support you? Really? And it would be temporary while he oh, I don't know, goes to school to learn a trade so that he could do something else other than outlaw. Hell, go to school to become a better mechanic. They make good money.

Jax is smart, and he could do so much more with his life. Of course, he would never leave the gang, but one can dream.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:04 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,309,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I would say by the end of this season the federal guy who rides the bike is going to be dead and the black sheriff wont last long either . I'd say the boys are back and they are taking over charming again . Then Hale (the builder of charming heights ) will be gone too . One must remember the soa are not afraid of getting rid of feds .I also think Piney is not teling everything he knows about jax's fathers death .
I seriously doubt that they'll take out the Assistant US Attorney, that's not someone you can mess with without attracting some extremely serious heat. I do agree that the sheriff might become a target though, if he keeps his style up.

Taking out Hale would go against what the club is all about, keeping the crime out of Charming, they'll try or succeed in taking him down, but I don't think it will be with violence, Hale is a public figure, there are other ways of getting them out of the way, I think Oswald will be part of that, possibly taking over as Mayor, if Sam Crow is successful in unraveling Hale.

Now that they're out of jail and back in business though, there's no question that Jax's beef with Clay will resurface. There might've been outside influences to pull them together, but there's no getting around the fact that there are some fundamental personality and idealist differences between what they want the club to be.

And in that lies the reason why I don't think Jax was entirely honest (either to Tara or himself) when he said he was done with SAMCRO, I think he wants something different for the club, not to leave it all together, and if he does leave it, he'll leave Opie too, after more or less making a promise of taking down Clay (end of 2nd season).

Opie and Piney are both solidly in Jax's corner, and they'll go with what he thinks is right, I get the feeling Chibs and possibly Elvis would too. Jucie is a coin toss, but Tig will stand by Clay 'til he goes under for it, and I think those alliances will start coming out a lot more as the season progress.

Now here's a crazy suggestion for y'all to discuss: Kurt Sutter has already hinted that this will be a 6, maybe 7 season show, I think they're going to kill off or send Jax to jail for life in the last season, I don't think they'll end it in the good old storybook way, what do you think?

Quote:
Yeah, I did a double take. You would rather risk your life and freedom than let your wife support you? Really? And it would be temporary while he oh, I don't know, goes to school to learn a trade so that he could do something else other than outlaw. Hell, go to school to become a better mechanic. They make good money.

Jax is smart, and he could do so much more with his life. Of course, he would never leave the gang, but one can dream.
We're talking about a guy who's raised in a very macho environment, though Gemma has a strong role in the series and has some sway, at the end of the day, like Jax says "She's just an old lady", there's no way a guy who's grown up like that would be comfortable living off his wife, no matter how smart he is.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,843,901 times
Wish they would rerun it or put in On Demand already...I think in the past they would put the episodes up on Sundays.

Trying to not read this thread, but it's hard not too. I'll guess one thing...I don't think the club will ever have the same amount of control in Charming ever again.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

We're talking about a guy who's raised in a very macho environment, though Gemma has a strong role in the series and has some sway, at the end of the day, like Jax says "She's just an old lady", there's no way a guy who's grown up like that would be comfortable living off his wife, no matter how smart he is.
Oh, yes, I understand about the macho environment. But, who sent the commissary money while he was locked up? Tara supported the family then. Yeah, I know that's different because he was locked up. (Not directed at you, moreso at the situation).

It's just irritating from a woman's perspective to hear that he won't live off his wife. It doesn't have to be forever, just until Jax can get an education.

But, as I was typing this, I realized that it's more than the lack of skills that is keeping him tied to the life. I think that he thrives on the excitement of the life as well. And no trade or 9 to 5 is going to replace that.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:22 PM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
But, as I was typing this, I realized that it's more than the lack of skills that is keeping him tied to the life. I think that he thrives on the excitement of the life as well. And no trade or 9 to 5 is going to replace that.
It's the only life he's ever known. He isn't going to change that easily.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,786,235 times
Quote:
Good episode, but that wedding was the tackiest thing I've seen on TV.

And the vows? "I promise to ride you like I ride my Harley." Keep it classy, SAMCROW.

Jax/Tara was adorable, even though there is no way in heck he is leaving the club. And Maggie Siff is looking better this season. I wonder if we will see Margaret this season.

Is Tara a general physician or a pediatrician? I have only seen Season one and the 2nd half of season three, so bear with me.
I thought the Apache wedding blessing was beautiful.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,019,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It's the only life he's ever known. He isn't going to change that easily.
Could he even leave? SOA is a 'gang', or like the mafia. You can't leave those! The only way out, is death.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,309,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Could he even leave? SOA is a 'gang', or like the mafia. You can't leave those! The only way out, is death.
You can leave an MC, if it's a 1% club it might not be beneficial to your health though, if you've made enough enemies. (You won't be protected any more)

Also, the idea that you can't ever leave a gang is something that's been somewhat overstated by movies and pop culture, it doesn't always reflect real life, there are plenty of ex-gang members out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV