U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,290,239 times

Advertisements

Has anyone caught this one? It's definitely not for the faint of heart and I will admit to being a little shocked at the language and violence outside of the typical movie chanels. But, I'm hooked anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 AM

4,915 posts, read 7,435,777 times
I've been watching it too. It's like a car wreck you can't help but look at. I still can't get over how much FX is allowed to get away with. It's basic cable, for crying out loud! After watching Rescue Me, nothing surprises me though. Talk about blue language! Doesn't bother me, but I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar from some of these watchdog groups. Anyway, I'll keep watching SoA. I like the Katey Segal character. That's one tough Mama!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 AM

485 posts, read 717,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
After watching Rescue Me, nothing surprises me though.
Same here.

I watched this week's episode of SoA after I saw a commercial for it that caught my attention. I can't wait to watch the 2 episodes that I missed when they put them up on the FX site.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,227,107 times
All of FX's shows are a little edgy. This show is nothing compared to some of the stuff they showed on Dirt and It's Always Sunny.

Everything FX has done has been golden and this show is no different.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 PM

I love FX! It's nice to have a basic cable channel that caters to adults, as far as weekly series. I hope SoA makes it to season 2. I haven't heard how it's doing in the ratings game...

Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,290,239 times
I love the Katy Segal character too. Definitely a tough cookie! And Jackson is hot.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I love the Katy Segal character too. Definitely a tough cookie! And Jackson is hot.
He sure is! In a grungy, dirty kind of way...

Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 AM

352 posts, read 317,951 times
Most of the outdoor scenes are filmed in my area. Its sometimes a pain to have all the movie trucks and traffic from them , but it's good recognition for our city . Hopefully we are seeing some revenue from all of it .

Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM

7,074 posts, read 5,117,540 times
Default Sons of Anarchy..Good gritty realism

Any one else following this show. Straight from the underbelly of America. Not for the young but wow..eye opening stuff.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,669,730 times
Default sons of anarchy

what is so eye opening about the show? its not real. no bike clubs are like that now. they dont run guns.drugs maybe but not guns.thats left up to our government. i come from a family that is in a club and it is most definetly not like that. we dont share our women with other guys. we may share the women with other women but not swapping with guys. we do our fair share of partying but for the most part its all about the ride.
i liked the first 2 episodes but it kind got to dumb. i dont like the bikes. for a bad ass biker club they all drive ***** looking bikes. and what bad ass biker wears jeans with ugly white sneakers? i do like the main charachter jax. he's hot. will continue to watch though only for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV