Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 07:27 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,416,669 times

Advertisements

I agree with you too ^^. I am a little put off with Naomi always acting so holier than thou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 10:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I thought it was pretty hypocritical of Naomi to expect the mother of that Down's girl to take on another child to care for when she herself didn't step up to adopt Del's daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post

I agree with you too ^^. I am a little put off with Naomi always acting so holier than thou.
She was hypocritical in multiple ways in this episode. Trying to talk that mother out of aborting her Down Syndrome daughter's pregnancy, when she wanted her own daughter to have an abortion (even though she's against abortion, mind), was just one of them. She also called out Addison for being a cheater a couple of episodes ago, and now what does she do? Cheats with Addison's boyfriend behind her back!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,969 times
Default Is Private Practice worth watching?

I love Greys Anatomy and have just bought Private Practice season 1 but can't seem to get into it after 3 episodes.
Should I force myself to watch? Does it get better over time?
Just wondering and would love opinions.
Thanks

Old 03-28-2011, 05:29 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,684,512 times
IT gets stronger, but it's not great. I do like it though.
I thought this seasons episode called Did You hear What Happened to Charlotte King?, was one of the best episodes of network TV i've seen for a long time and I think Kadee Strictland deserves, at the least an Emmy nomination for it.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
IT gets stronger, but it's not great. I do like it though.
I thought this seasons episode called Did You hear What Happened to Charlotte King?, was one of the best episodes of network TV i've seen for a long time and I think Kadee Strictland deserves, at the least an Emmy nomination for it.
Thanks, I will try to hold on for awhile. I watched all of the seasons of Greys Anatomy together on Netflix. Then I got caught up with Damages. Now I am trying to find something that is as good as those two. I think it might be tough.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Thanks, I will try to hold on for awhile. I watched all of the seasons of Greys Anatomy together on Netflix. Then I got caught up with Damages. Now I am trying to find something that is as good as those two. I think it might be tough.
Are you looking for network shows or can it be cable stuff too?
are you looking for Dramas only? Are there a couple of other shows you like?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Are you looking for network shows or can it be cable stuff too?
are you looking for Dramas only? Are there a couple of other shows you like?
I like dramas with a good story line, cable or network. Even though it is very dark, I love Dexter, really liked Da Vinci's Inquest and loved Damages and Greys Anatomy.
I feel like I have hit a dead end because I can't seem to find anything else that holds my interest enough to keep watching, can't do the vampire thing, comedies or even the reality shows.
I love the quality and connection to the actors in the shows I have mentioned.
What are your favorites?
My husband hit a garage sale last summer and came home with 6 seasons of Desperate Housewives, haven't felt the connection on that one yet but maybe I should give it time?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,829,503 times
I never could get into Private Practice. In fact, I've stopped watching Grey's as well. Have you tried watching LOST? It's one of those that you absolutely cannot miss an episode or you'll never be able to catch on completely, but it's amazing!

Courtney

Old 03-29-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I like dramas with a good story line, cable or network. Even though it is very dark, I love Dexter, really liked Da Vinci's Inquest and loved Damages and Greys Anatomy.
I feel like I have hit a dead end because I can't seem to find anything else that holds my interest enough to keep watching, can't do the vampire thing, comedies or even the reality shows.
I love the quality and connection to the actors in the shows I have mentioned.
What are your favorites?
My husband hit a garage sale last summer and came home with 6 seasons of Desperate Housewives, haven't felt the connection on that one yet but maybe I should give it time?
I also love Dexter. If you like Michael C Hall, then Six Feet Under is outstanding. I also like Nurse Jackie , The United States of Tara, Criminal Minds. Big Love was really good and I was sad to see it end
If you like historical dramas, then, aside of season one, the Tudors was pretty good . I'm really looking forward to the Borgias.
Lots of people adore Mad Men but it's not my thing.
My favorite show of all time , however, is Doctor Who, an British show

Old 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM

19,638 posts, read 20,133,913 times
No. Don't watch that ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV