Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 02:39 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post

Problems in the marriage started before that. Violet wrote a book about some things in her life. They wanted her to travel around...I think to promote it...and Pete didn't want her to go. She went anyway and just after that he had his heart attack. I should add that many around her didn't approve of her "baring all" in the first place and thought it was wrong. Pete was very traumatized by the whole heart attack thing and lashed out at Violet. Violet was having her own problems, later couldn't work and hated not working...I think her license was suspended for a while.
It goes even further than that, actually. The "thing" in her life Violet wrote about was when Lucas was cut out of her abdomen by a mentally ill patient and left to die. During the course of her recovery she couldn't bond with Lucas at all. She was so damaged emotionally that she handed Lucas to Pete and left town - for a long, long time.

Obviously when she came back they eventually worked things out between them and decided to get married and raise Lucas as a family after all. Pete was finally getting the wife and family he wanted, and with the impending book tour, she was about to take off and leave him again. He begged her not to go and leave him again and she told him she needed to as the continuation of her personal journey of recovery, to stop being selfish and quit worrying.

Emotionally he was such a wreck from the last time she left him, he did what many people do when they think they're about to lose something, and throw it to the curb themselves. He used his heart attack as the excuse to isolate himself and (in my opinion, pretend to) stop loving her.

They need marriage counseling something fierce. Funny that none of these supposedly brain-savvy doctors can figure that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,517 times
I think I just remembered name of young man who died---Dell? (I mean his character's name, of course) and his daughter was Betsy. I couldn't remember when I made my last post....old age, I guess! lol

Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
They need marriage counseling something fierce. Funny that none of these supposedly brain-savvy doctors can figure that out.
I thought Violet suggested that and Pete was like, "No way, Jose!"

Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 AM

Really powerful last episode! This is one of my favorite shows...they're not afraid to tackle really tough issues!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
I want more Charlotte.
And less Violet.

I enjoy the Cooper, Mason and Mom arc. It seems realistic. Moreso than if they had Little Derek swoop in and do magical-surgery on the Mom. I still think Cooper is a weenie, but I'll allow that he has grown up somewhat with all of this.

Addie needs to just do Jake and get it over with.

<nitpicking alert>
Sheldon looks like a parakeet when he ***** his head to one side all the time. Stopit!
</nitpick>

Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM

Sometimes I do get kinda annoyed with Violet's cloying behavior, but I think there's a good mix of characters in this show with a variety of strengths and weaknesses, and I like the way they seem to "grow and change" as time and events pass. Not liking sam as much lately....he seems to have so little depth....and I miss Naomi. Is she never coming back? it was fun seeing the actor who played Dell on Castle the other night....kinda like seeing an old friend, lol.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
That's funny...I was just thinking lately that Naomi leaving was such a good thing! I really had trouble tolerating her.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,789 times
I feel its getting better and better....ahh the proposal!
Amelia has definitely grown on me and I love what they are doing with Charlotte shes def my fave

Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
Might be the last season for the show. Kate Walsh announced that this is her last season and Tim Daly is not returning this season. So what's next?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,789 times
I think they should end it cause it was Addisons spin off so if she is not in it then I think itll be toast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV